PS4 vs Xbox One

Discussion in 'Public General Chat' started by Rubius, Jun 10, 2013.

?

Will you buy the PS4 or Xbox One?

1. I plan on buying the PS4

84.6%
  2. I plan on buying the Xbox One

15.4%
  1. Doc
    Veteran

Industrial Engineer
    10/10, will watch again.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  2. Rookie
    Veteran Star Citizen Member

IT Consultant
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/microsoft-defends-the-xbox-ones-licensing-used-game-policies/?rel=12971

And that's my Xbox One preorder confirmed.

3. Rubius
    Veteran Xenforcer

Software Engineer
    I just don't understand why MS would throw in that game-sharing feature in there. I mean they've pretty much tied your hands behind your back. Is a little game-sharing feature supposed to impress people? It also doesn't make sense in a world where MS is trying to enforce DRM down our throats, they go off and try something which will reduce game sales. Personally, it's not a feature I would use or need. Would prefer offline play, and the same used game tradition we've been experiencing for the last 30 years.

More and more, I feel like this is the last console MS will ever create. The Xbox will go the way of the Jaguar, Dreamcast, 3DO, and others...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  4. Rookie

IT Consultant
    Well MS is actually going to allow you to transfer ownership of digital copies, something no other digital distributor allows...

It's not new, it's been known since last week when they explained everything, they've just now expanded that explanation to mean more of a "gaming" family than a blood family.

5. Secksy
    Veteran

PS4 still has Final Fantasy XV. That, honestly, was the only thing I cared about. Plus I feel playing Kingdom Hearts 3 on anything other than a PlayStation console would be an insult to its LEGACYYYY. I've been saying for quite sometime that I will go where Final Fantasy goes.

6. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

I think the big thing will be exclusive games and what games will be releasing on the consoles. PS3 I think had Metal Gear Solid which was a solid franchise and Xbox was trumpeting Halo as it's flagship game. A console can be the most badass on the market but if it doesn't offer the games I want I probably wouldn't buy it. We will have to see what games each will offer for release come November.

I never understood why games always require people to be online. Same thing for Skyrim. It's a single player game and I need internet. WTF.

I did read this which seemed both good and complete garbage.
    So basically this could mean that game developers could push the boundaries of the system without over-burdening the system creating unprecedented graphical realism, however, you can't play it offline. TBH they should have offered a medium in there where you can play both online and offline with a simple reduction in graphics and/or stability. I think playing offline is more important than playing a better looking game as there are a lot of circumstances where kids go on vacation somewhere and do not have access to internet so readily.

I do not think Xbox should be getting all the negative hype it is getting because it does look like a solid system even when compared to the PS4, but it should push them to make it even better which is always a plus. Pressure and competition either breeds success which is good for us or failure which means they were doomed from the start.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  7. Rookie

IT Consultant
    FF15 is multiplatform, as is KH3. FF14 is PC/PS4 only though.

Also, Kyoji, check this out:

[​IMG]

8. Meemo

It's to kill second hand sales. Second hand sales which often happen after a retailer pushes the second hand copy on someone who came in with the intent of buying a new copy, which means that the second hand sale is a lost sale for the publisher. Plus second hand sales cost the publisher money because they make use of any online resources the developer setup, like the patching or multiplayer system. It also means tech support costs when there is a problem.

9. Meemo

Some more articles:

World of Tanks. Free to play on PC. Requires an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play on Xbone.

But on the PS4 if a developer wants to do a truly free to play game, they can.

You know how various companies used online pass systems to damage second hand copies unless you paid some money to the publisher. Sony won't allow that on the PS4

Microsoft seems to have forgotten that they don't have a monopoly on consoles. People can, and will, switch when MS pisses them off.

Sony is used to having competition. They know they have to keep consumers happy.

10. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

PS4 may please people with things like that, but developers will go to MS for the subs and MS still has plenty of followers to strong-arm this.

I miss the days of Nintendo. Screw Sony and Microsoft.

11. Mennon
    Veteran

Starter technical draughtsman
    Dont forget GT6 / Dark Souls 2 and TESO

12. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Thought all of those will be coming to PC.

13. Mennon
    Veteran

Starter technical draughtsman
    Didnt hear Grand Turismo 6 would come to the PC..Oo

14. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Sorry, morning brain fart, read that as GTA5....don't ask why.

15. Secksy
    Veteran

Destiny isn't on PC either. :X

At least, not at launch. A PC port is apparently being considered.

16. doctorie
    Veteran

volunteer worker for alchoholics anon
  17. Rookie

IT Consultant
    There are multiple inaccuries there. For starters, both KH3 and FFXV are on both consoles.

18. Meemo

Apparently Diablo 3 is a Sony exclusive. Despite the PC being the only platform that can play it right now. Are Blizzard planning to kill the PC version ?

19. Deadend
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Monkey.
    Also any game they didn't say the words "only on" what ever system is not an exclusive Microsoft is the worst at using the exclusive word but Sony has been known to say it as well exclusive doesn't mean the same to these corporations as it does to you and me, unless they have said "this game is only on Xbox or only on PlayStation" it's not it will be on the PC or even on the opposite console in time sometimes a really short time. In general only the first party or first party published games will really be only on those systems.

20. Secksy
    Veteran

D3 is also on the 360.