Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Upcoming Game Chatter' started by KnowYourFoe, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Secksy
    Veteran

as for the single player campaign, there are noticeable differences in the way characters interact with one another. When Shepard meets and old friend, he acknowledges it's a friend, what they've done together, expresses an interest in further that friendship.

I actually just finished a segment where a really good friend... dies... and I was actually tearing up. ME3 is some intense cinematic moments..

2. SirLimbo

Only started my Origin download a few hours ago :( still got awhile to wait yet.

3. ReyVagabond
    Veteran

And people ask Why i hate Origins!

4. Eillwyna
    Veteran

Best. Game. Ever.

5. mwhays
    Veteran

Stock Broker / Financial Planner / Registered Inve
    awesome guys. damn it, wish I was playing! I have four recording jobs to complete! Argh! Ive basically had a grand total of seven hours sleep going on three days working a day job then straight home and doing video and audio editing sessions - all due By friday morning. So, no ME3 for me until the weekend at the earliest. Thank you for not including spoilers!!

6. TheBerch
    Veteran

Emergency Medical Services
    I dont know why people are complaining about the cash feature online. The online feature goes off of how much time you can devote to its feature, and it helps you a little bit during the main campaign. Some people can play hours and hours and accumulate the in-game credits to purchase upgrades via random boxes. But lets say you dont have the time to devote hours to it, then spend 5$ and you can purchase quite a bit. The prices are not outrageous or anything so I see no issue with it. It is co-op after all, and not pvp, so I really dont see an issue here.

Also, I love how Mass Effect went Skyrim with number 3.... I FUCKING LOVE IT.

Im like 10 hours into the main campaign and I have like 30 different quests to choose from... mmmmmmhh decisions ... decisions.....

Do I want to rescue some school kids from the reapers, or do I want to lay waste to a reaper ship .... ohhhhh I love war

7. ss_hype
    Veteran

Systems Administrator
    This game sounds absolutely awesome. I may have to get it soon.

8. Secksy
    Veteran

I just finished it.

Apparently, a huge majority of the community is pissed off by the ending.

I, for one, adored it, and have already started another play through.

9. Eillwyna
    Veteran

I agree with the majority of the community now that I've had time for the adrenaline to wear off. I feel cheated by how little they give you after the big decision. That and every decision they gave you changed nothing.
    1. Destroy the reapers: Shepard dies, basically a reset button on the cycles, and they will happen again.
    2. Synthesis or w/e: Shepard dies, and ok everyone's an organic synthetic hybrid, but eventually they will make full synthetics again, and the cycle's will come back.
    3. Control: Shepard dies, and gets to control the reapers. Same problem except this time an organic will use the reapers eventually to destroy everything and the cycles come back.
    Alot of my problems with the ending stem from there being no option to just have Shepard live out his/her life. I mean seriously what's the point in even doing the romance plot lines if you're guaranteed to die at the end. You can't even have children to carry on your legacy. Even if they were little blue Asari children (Guess who I romanced).
    That and what you get after the super explosion is practically a joke. I mean seriously Joker stepping out of the destroyed Normandy into some random jungle on some random world what the hell is that shit. No mention of what happened to everything else in the galaxy that I just spent the whole series saving. Why did I even bother if I don't get to know what happened with say Geth-Quarian relations, or perhaps Turian-Krogan. Hell a paragraph would have been nice. And don't even get me started on the after credits ending. That was even more bullshit. After all the pure gold Bioware had given us prior to this it was a huge let down.
    If you don't like my explanation. The first post int his thread basically sums up my feeling on the ending.
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9720265
    Basically Mass Effect was my favorite series of all time *except the last 10 minutes*.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  10. Rubius
    Veteran Xenforcer

Software Engineer
    Add me on Origin if you're up for some multiplayer! (id: Ruebius)

11. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

When they smarten up and add this to steam in an origin-free version... and drop the price on the ridiculous $10 launch DLC they yanked from the guts of the core game... I'll consider giving this one a shot. I'm more then willing to wait (or not play this) because I just don't like the way they are doing things when it comes to this game.

12. BobFromMarketing
    Banned

I have downloaded mass effect 3 via origin on two computers. Once at home with my desktop where it took around 2 hours(1.3 megs downstream) and once on my laptop via my cell phone where it took under 1 hour. (Over 3 megs down)

I really think if you have transfer problems its on your end not Origins.

Also the multiplayer owns. If anyone wants to play with me just add BobFromMarketing

13. Rubius
    Veteran Xenforcer

Software Engineer
    I never understood launch DLC. Who would pay for DLC when they *just* purchased the game and have yet to play the many, many hours of content already on the disc. Probably someone trying to lighten the load on their wallet.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  14. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

I finished the game last last night too. I liked the ending. Sure what Eillwyna said for another possibility would have been nice, but it too would have had a lot of flaws. Bioware cant design an ending everyone in the world likes, and so many people are mad about these endings simply because they imagined something else. No one ever likes an ending to a series they enjoyed just for that reason.

15. Eillwyna
    Veteran

It didn't grate at you that your choices in every previous game meant absolutely nothing?

16. Secksy
    Veteran

Neither did my choices in DA:O, but I still really enjoyed DA2.

It's a game, not a Star Trek-grade holo novel.

17. Eillwyna
    Veteran

If you're satisfied with that ending man I'm happy for you, I really am. Almost jealous actually because you didn't have everything you loved about that universe for the past five years ripped away in a matter of minutes.
    Oh, and this is never going on steam what with it being an EA product...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  18. BobFromMarketing
    Banned

My bad I forgot some douche took my name on Origin. EdFromSales

19. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

maybe, I know EA is trying their hand with this download service and want to use exclusivity as a way to stir up some quick, effortless sales. I also know it is costing them a lot of business and honestly do not believe they will continue with the stubborn strategy for their future digital library.

20. Secksy
    Veteran

and now for something totally unrelated: