Life is Feudal: MMO

Discussion in 'Upcoming Game Chatter' started by SaintOfMirren, Oct 24, 2017.

1. SaintOfMirren
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I don't know how many of you have had Life is Feudal on the radar or who have already played Life is Feudal: YO. If you have already played and own Life is Feudal: YO then hopefully you liked it and area aware that you have a free character available to you in the open beta of Life is Feudal: MMO starting Nov. 17th!

If you don't know much about either here is the webpage and a video that in the first 5 minutes kind of shows some of the awesome building/terraforming you can do. A few key points to highlight this game is:

* ONE SERVER WITH UP TO 10,000 PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like those other survival games with 5 billion "official" servers hosting only 100 players etc
    *Survival game
    *terraforming and building
    *Tons of crafting available for crafters

http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmo

I plan on jumping into the MMO but would be cool if there are others from the same community already joining to work with!

2. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    life is feudal mmo is different? Looks pretty though

3. SaintOfMirren
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Yeah the Life is Feudal YO people host servers up to 64 players on it and don't quite have the full content as the MMO does. MMO lets 10,000 people all play on the same server, so actually large scale base raids and factions fight for survival and resources in the world. Also has an instanced battle for factions to fight in separately from the persistent world.

4. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    Hmmm do they do anything to curb it from being a zerg fest or help protect you from logging into to your base being wrecked every night?

5. SaintOfMirren
    Veteran Crowfall Member

The zergfest I'm not sure, I know it's not build like most mmo's you see, so even if there are 80 people fighting 30 people, the mechanics are a bit tougher, you can't just cc people down. It has combat mechanics where you can actually block with your weapon or shield, and it has the basic medieval weapons like lances, maces, aces etc. No magic. So it still takes a little effort to actually kill someone. Strong coordination and teamwork I think, with good archers 30 people could probably handle 80 like we used to in Archeage days.

As far as your base goes, there are siege weapons in the game but you have to pull them or travel with them and they take a bit of work to craft/use. You can terraform around your base to make it impossible for someone to simply walk up to any wall and bash at it with a sword. That lets you kind of dictate the direction they have to approach your base and build up those areas extra strong. Like moats and what not back in the days

6. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    Yeah that could help, hows the graphic engine? whats the pay structure? b2p?

7. SaintOfMirren
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I believe b2p, I can't find anything regarding a sub at all.

Graphics engine is pretty good though I'm not sure what it is they use

8. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    yeah looks good looking forward to some combat footage etc

9. XStunnaX
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Supervisor TWC NOC
    We have been playing if anyone has questions let saint or myself know. We have an a base started on Server 23 on the US server.

10. SaintOfMirren
    Veteran Crowfall Member

11. SaintOfMirren
    Veteran Crowfall Member

12. Ravnis
    Veteran FPS Member

Was playing this for some time. It's pretty in depth and fun but the combat system is extremely lacking as well as many silly bugs in the game. I enjoyed the time i played but it turned out i had more issues with bugs than i was willing to deal with for the time being.

13. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    Yeah kind of looking for something to play with a couple friends until they get their new pcs

14. SaintOfMirren
    Veteran Crowfall Member

@Ironjaw Hit us up. @Samjizz @XStunnaX and @LilithX and I are starting up a 2nd guild in our Telmun server that is more PvP focused. It'll be supported by the main guild at the beginning to get it built up faster. Our world is getting closer to the Instanced seige battles being added, and still has judgement hour battles plus just openworld PvP that we are wanting to get into.

We just want to try and get 20-30 members with mostly PvP focused players and 5-10 PvE focused to support it for more end game content.

Turns out it's pretty hard to catch rocks launched from a trebuchet. We want to find some battles to smash walls with it though!

15. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    I imagine that it would be... troubling