Other (not listed) Game Interest Poll

Discussion in 'News - Front Page Posts' started by arcanmene, Dec 14, 2015.

?

What potential new divisions are you most excited about?

1. Eternal Crusade

2. Camelot Unchained

3. Black Desert

4. Eve Valkyrie

5. Lost Ark

6. Blade and Soul

7. The Division

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

I have been following it for a while, but the game was pushed back a few months and there is still not real solid info out on how well it will work on PC. The few people that played on XBox a weekend ago said there were a lot of things that really sucked. And being Ubisoft the game will probably be full of game breaking bugs on PC for at least a few months after launch. it is also primarily a PvE game. Still, I am following it and hoping we get some more info about if it will work out or not.

2. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    See there are all the BDO people. I remember this being big on the radar during AA was surprised I hadn't heard much since then.

3. Zezalot
    Veteran

I've been playing BnS for awhile now. Korean, private server and the betas.
    I'm going to be playing on the EU servers with some friends. Although I will probably change to crowfall when it releases, I'm an old friend of LoD so they keep me up with information about the game.

4. Anthony Morad
    Veteran Final Fantasy Member

I played the korean black desert and will follow the game in NA

5. DARKTIDE!!
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught CO

Bomb Dropper
    How about this... I love you all come play here.

All butt rubs and so on?

DT

6. SkyFi
    Veteran AAU Member

IT Analyst
    I've been playing BnS Beta but yeah I do kind of see how this is really a group based game.

7. arcanmene
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught XO

Student
    I got a blade and soul key so I'll be testing it out this weekend to see if we are going to support it. I am also making an Organizer Application for BnS and BDO.

For those of you who don't know, when creating new divisions I'm supposed to identify the game and make an app for people to apply as an organizer and join the user group to get numbers. I then work with the organizers to get the division running. The division does not hinge on me; I am support. Which means I do not lead the divisions, I help find a leader and facilitate the leader. If a leader cannot be found then the division will not launch because Staff should not be leading the divisions. Having staff lead the divisions creates a large work load that they normally can't do as well as that doesn't help to get new blood in leadership positions. Without new blood, Xen will just do what it always has done and never evolve, which is bad.

So basically, either tonight or tomorrow I will post the Organizer Application and let people apply to the user groups of BnS and BDO.

If you have any specific questions regarding this process please message me separately and I will answer everything I can.

8. Nyarko
    Veteran

Hey guys! about Black Desert, is there a Region Block (IP Block etc)? im wonder tht, because some ppl said it.. was thinking to buy the game but now have Doubts about it... otherwise gonna buy a Blade and Soul Founder pack :p (Playing Blade And Soul TW atm lol)

9. arcanmene

Student
    As far as I know there is no region block since it is beta for both BnS and Black Desert

10. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Did BDO beta for a few hours, can't say i'm thrilled atm. It's pretty alright but combat is terrible, it seems to have no real content and it's just about nodes (and i don't care about crafting at all). Beta 1 is finishing soon. But anyone who wants to try it out can get a key for, like, 2$, on kinguin so i guess it'll be the same for beta 2.

Bns being korean + NCSoft is a double no.

Albion Online is F2P crap model as well so it's not a bonus but we'll see.

So it leaves crowfall, camelot unchained and maybe albion online till those 2 are out.

11. DARKTIDE!!
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught CO

Bomb Dropper
    Then get in here @haibane

Also, thats a long time to wait for a game! So lets fine something to do for a bit til then. Also F2P crap may be out the door because of the mega server and the amount of people they already have. They have stated if it keeps this amount of numbers they will not be in a F2P model maybe.

DT

12. arcanmene

Student
    @haibane, Trust me, I understand the hesitance for BnS because it is Korean and NCSoft, but what I can say is that it is really fun and the dungeons are pretty exciting; also the pvp is very skill oriented. What I'm saying is BnS deserves a shot and don't judge it just because it's Korean and NCSoft.

Also Albion is fun. I know a lot of people don't like f2p, myself included, but sometimes games can be fun and competitive while still being f2p.

13. arcanmene

Student
    Here is a little preview I just made for people who are thinking about it.

14. Mishka
    Veteran FPS Member

University
    Black Desert has region blocked certain regions in the EU.

Their words on it:

Will I be able to play the game if I do not live in Europe, North America or Oceania?
    Daum Games Europe (publisher) has licensed Black Desert Online from Pearl Abyss (the developer) for North America (US, Canada and Mexico), Europe (excluding Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Estonia, Ukraine and Turkey) and Oceania (Australia, New Zealand and all surrounding Islands), as well as all overseas territories of the aforementioned countries.
    For more details about our service area, please refer to the Terms of Use.

15. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Nice video. I tried out a little bit of the Assassin gameplay and really enjoyed it as well. Honestly spent a great deal of my time this beta in character creation so I can save appearances I like for release/other betas.

16. arcanmene

Student
    Yeah that would have been a smart thing to do, but luckily I used the preset mostly and slightly changed it. Pretty excited for this game. I hope more people join this so we can support it.

17. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

It looks good yeah, just Archeage and L2 kinda scared me to hell. At least BDO doesn't have russians playing since they haven't licenced the game for their country (they might still use VPN tho).

I don't know man, i think B&S has more depth than BDO, i did some archer again and i kinda like how it plays but i'm afraid that BDO is totally empty.

B&S beta just finished tho so it's either all in or nothing.

I'm wondering what is inside their cash shop tho, i'm quite afraid of having to shell a lot of money every month just to keep up some decency as i don't play over 15-20h and i already bought albion online...

18. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Well, that dude sold B&S to me on the PVP part and 1v1, i'll have to stop being lazy and learn how to munch my character properly.

This seems too awesome to pass out even if it's just for structured pvp arenas.

19. arcanmene

Student
    @haibane, the cash shop is mainly stuff that you can obtain already through questing, gathering, and crafting. Basically if you want to progress faster than you can use the cash, but it's still RNG based. Also you get a daily chest that gives you a glamour item as well as every three hours you can do a roll on the board for special items.

I saw no reason that I personally will use the cash shop except for the coins I get from buying the founder's pack. It seemed very similar to SWtOR. So I would not say using the cash shop is required.

20. Varitas
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Interested in joining us in Black Desert?
    Apply Here

Thank you to Jes for capturing all of the video footage and thanks to my friends at session studios for providing the use of the music.