Final Fantasy 14: Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Upcoming Game Chatter' started by PersonalRiot, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Que
    Admin

Got my invite yesterday. I have the client downloaded but no time to play :(

2. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    See you all this weekend, client updated last night!

3. Owainn
    Veteran Chronicles of Elyria Member

Business Owner
    Is everyone going to get on moogle or have we decided to join a set server? I know in Phase 3 I get my original toon back ... I dunno where they are going to place him.

Here is the server list

http://xivstatus.com/index.php

Server is up

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  4. Owainn

Business Owner
    I am unsure how many of you played FFVII and if you remember Golden Saucer. But it seems that they will be putting on in FFXIV to give players something extra to do.

The game’s release window has been confirmed for this summer simultaneously for PC and PS3.
    A release for the PS4 is very possible, as the team would like to reach an audience as wide as they can. A final decision will be taken when the time is right.
    There will be new music created by Nobuo Uematsu (Yoshida already confirmed this when I recently interviewed him).
    There are plans to release the soundtrack. It may be part of the collector’s edition.
    New TV commercials are in production for all the different markets: Japan, North America and Europe. They will debut in late May or early June.
    The current phase of the beta includes approximately 580,000 people, and many more will be added with phase 3.
    Yoshida can’t say when beta phase 3 will start exactly, as it depends on Sony’s certification of the PS3 client (Edit: This was rectified during day 2 of the event, as you can read here).
    The new Benchmark software that will include character creation is in development and will be released between phase 3 and phase 4.
    Square Enix is planning to release collectibles related to the game after launch.
    A new organization called “Clan of Dawn” (Akatsuki no Ketsumei) will play an important role in the story of the new game. A new primary NPC named Alfino is a member of the clan and will be voiced by Shinnosuke Tachibana (you can see the character’s portrait below).

Minifilia (a relevant character in the Ul’dah original storyline of Final Fantasy XIV, you can check my story recap column if you want to know who she is) will play a very relevant role in the storyline of A Realm Reborn.
    Thancred (again, you can check my story recap column to learn about him) will be voiced by Yuichi Nakamura a very popular voice actor in Japan that lent his vocals cords to many relevant characters like Alto Saotome in Macross Frontier and Cid Raines in Final Fantsy XIII.
    The final location of the Gold Saucer is still undecided.
    A smartphone companion app will be released allowing players to access character status, a database, their friend list and features related to the Free Company.
    The PvP Coliseum will be added during phase 4 of the beta, but all PvP points earned will be reset at release to be fair to those not participating to the beta test.
    Even those that didn’t play the original Final Fantasy XIV will able to enjoy the story, that will be more similar to a classic Final Fantasy game.
    At the beginning there won’t be Japanese-style costumes like Kimono, but when the visual style of the game will be solidified, adding different styles will be considered.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/04...er-ps4-version-hinted-new-major-npc-revealed/

Some Screenies
    http://www.gamerevolution.com/screen/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn/35

The NDA has been lifted so feel free to POST anything or Ask any questions you might have.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  5. Nishua
    Veteran

Student for life.
    Dudes I'm totally down for this when it launches. I'll be playing on PS3 or PC. I hope they really nail this because I loved FF11 so much and hated to see how it was destoryed with the FFXIV. Until then I'll stay with Guild Wars 2, once I get my PC up and running again.

6. Owainn

Business Owner
    They will be releasing BETA 3 for PC and PS3 if SONY would finally certify the client for their system. That is the only delay they are having with Beta Phase 3.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  7. Nishua
    Veteran

Student for life.
    Could I get into the beta for PS3 even though I didn't buy the game when it first launched? Sorry still doing research on this game currently so I'm out of the loops. We have a nice following/support it seems like. Let's do this shit!

8. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    Just sign up on their website.

9. Nishua
    Veteran

Student for life.
  10. Owainn

Business Owner
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  11. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

I don't think it is. Just bought one, looking forward to playing with everyone again. o/ I am a sucker for Final Fantasy and this MMO finally looks like it is being done right.....plus physical swag < 3

Edit: I am going to bard the fuck out of something.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  12. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

With the August release date approximately 3 months away, how are we looking for people interested/leadership/and organization. I believe Owainn had a group of friends who were long time players, is that something still in the cards?

13. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    Owainn would be my vote if he wanted it. I will say that my short time in beta did not sell me on the game, so I'm still on the fence. If I do pick it up it will be out of sheer nostalgia for my FF11 days.

14. Owainn

Business Owner
    I got 2 people who will join me in a heartbeat if I told them XoO is open to it. But the others its up in the air. It is hard to tell if this will become a division or not as it is a seems not to be XoO's exact cup of tea. Because of this it is kinda hard to recruit when there is a chance that there will be no guild to go to. About the game, I do know that the game has a lot of potential and the new guy who has taken over has already hinted/slipped in letting us know that he has a long term plan for this game and lots of new content to come after launch.

15. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

To be fair, we had a WoW division for years that was strictly PvE (basically) and Aion was more PvE driven minus dreg - arenas - the odd invasion. With the death of the Xenate, division approval would go to Q. Then we would just need clear guidelines and goals, and re-enforce the fact that the game won't be the best thing since sliced bread. I always felt like the exodus of Xen members from divisions (and the negative talk that goes with it) was the worst part about joining Xen for the release of an MMO, I think RR has a chance if we started small and community focused while building on that foundation.

16. Owainn

Business Owner
    This is what I was hoping to get from the begining. A small-medium size community that is more focused on an overall goal rather than have a stampede of members coming in. I do know the Yoshi-P *director/lead* is a huge fan of PvP. He has mentioned a few times that he has a lot of future plans for PvP and it will not be just another thing the players can do. (His words) I am intrigue to see what he means. Also I do agree of the stupid fact that they purposely made low level content stupid proof to not intimidate new players away. He promises that as we progress things get much more interesting and complex. This will be seen in the next BETA when I get my main character back. Have your questions ready because I am going to try to play the next BETA religiously to get a real understanding as to how the game will be and will spilling all the beans for you guys.

Edit: I will say that even though FFXI was not the monster compared to Lineage or WoW. It stood steady with 500-700k subscribers for about 8 years. It has a very strong, dia hard following. Even with that the company still held Cons for the game where they held PvP tournaments. I myself attended and watched one back in '06. If this game seems to follow the same footsteps, you can bet that I will build a PvP tourny team.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  17. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

I want to know all about the support classes (buffers/debuffers) as I have always found them the most interesting for myself. Do you know if the PC version is going to release with Controller support?

18. Owainn

Business Owner
    Archer/Bard is the support class. It has been confirmed the Scholar will be a class. I am assuming this will also be a Buff/Saboteur type class but no one knows yet as the details will be released during E3 (Apparently they have a lot hiding for this, so they say) Controller/Gamepad support will be implemented.

*Lastest Live Letter* http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/05...antasy-xiv-letter-from-the-producer-live-vii/

*Question38* Thats leaves me excited to know that you will need to know your class extensively to put out the best performance.

I want to add... Crafting/Gathering are considered individual classes. Just to let you know these classes are NOT just some after thought that you can do on your spare time to make money. These classes have been implemented in some game content as classes in need to complete the events. Also some events, in order to get to most out of them, required some crafted/gathered items. So Having strong crafters and gatherers to keep our guild well stocked and fitted with the best armor/material will make a HUGE difference in this game as it did in 1.0. So if you are someone who loves doing this speak up. I know if we do have a division we are going to need some dedicated crafters/gatherers across the board.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  19. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

I am now interested in Dragoon, Monk, Bard < 3 New engine looks very clean, skill effects remind me of RF.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  20. Doxy
    Veteran Camelot Unchained Member

Bard>Warrior>Black Mage look interesting.
    Too bad there are no Orcs as a playable race, cause Lineage 2 Orc Monk FTW.
    [​IMG]