Final Fantasy 14: Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Upcoming Game Chatter' started by PersonalRiot, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    I have no experience in 1.0+ but I think they will become Bards in ARR which should be interesting.

Owainn, I mainly played a Rdm /Whm in FF11 and loved it.

2. Owainn
    Veteran Chronicles of Elyria Member

Business Owner
    Towards the end of 1.0 and in ARR. Weirdly enough the Archer becomes a Bard. Bards have buffs that really do a make a difference. Usually that role is more than enough. However I did see people who were a bit more Hardcore. People would have 2 sets of gear, one that maximizes on the benefits of the buff and one that maximizes on Dmg output. They would switch in and out of combat to change. However I dont think it will work like that in ARR anymore. I would have to test it and see.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  3. Que
    Admin

Interesting... I quit FFXIV early on just after the dev team switch hen the crafting and fishing bots took over the market.

4. Owainn

Business Owner
    Ban hammer, and they simplified the crafting recipes and increased the exp gained. As long as you know what your doing, you can level it up much faster than before.

5. Delacroix
    Veteran

unemployed
    Been looking forward to this for a while, hope it proves to be much better than FFXIV pre 2.0.

6. Owainn

Business Owner
    A couple of videos done by some random dude in Alpha.... They may be taken down soon so goodluck. His frame rates are kinda shitty though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWRak8qj15w&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ4J-SDiUcY

BTW rumor has it that they are inviting people based on PC specs. I have no way to confirm this but in the linkshell I was in for FFXIV, some of the member with super high end PC specs have been invited where as the lower end are still awaiting for invites. I dont understand how that works considering they have dumb down the graphics for testing.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  7. Owainn

Business Owner
    There u go lol! For all of you who played the previous ver, this is the land outside of Gridania. The land full of trees that was a massive maze with one way paths. They are remodeling everything since you know Bahamut destroyed it all.

http://my.mmosite.com/2342910/blog/ritem/ffxiv_a_realm_reborn_alpha_screenshot_leaks_part_3.html
    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/2...ealm-reborn-alpha-test-to-kick-off-next-week/
    http://my.mmosite.com/2342910/blog/item/ffxiv_a_realm_reborn_15_alpha_screenshots_leaked.html
    http://ncloud.blogspot.com/2012/11/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-new_29.html

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  8. kinetic medic
    Veteran Camelot Unchained Member

SQA Engineer
    Ahhh... FFXIV... I'll be playing it again come 2.0 and the alpha if I'm in. I've been playing with a LS called counting sheep on balmung, good guys all in all, had my THM up to 50. Another nice thing about FFXIV:RR is that we'll get more than one character slot and you better believe I'm going to roll up another toon so I can get the experience of starting fresh as well.

-KM

9. Owainn

Business Owner
    Wow wondering why I never saw you. And Counting Sheep? LMAO man that LS has so much drama surrounding it. Usually in the earlier days they were plain out dicks and kept trying (but failing) to steal our camps. Usually when I had them in parties they needed to be schooled. Though When I came back around to the game after all the major changes were coming around. (yea story goes before all the massive changes I quit and sold my account to some dude I met at an internet cafe so yea) I met a handful of their newer members and they seem cool. I guess they had a change in leadership.

10. kinetic medic

SQA Engineer
    Yeah, leadership shifted and the newer folks were always friendly. Hell I remembered them as friendly back when we still had our LS too though....

-KM

11. OrleanKnight

Currently I'm looking for a ex-player's game account, ideally with Legacy Status. Willing to trade and pay a lot. :D

12. Owainn

Business Owner
    I will say Crafting and Gathering used to be such a freaking chore, I used to absolutely hate it.

This is something they have listed on the sales page for ARR.

All the hallmarks of the FINAL FANTASY franchise, including genre-leading graphics and high-definition real-time cutscenes that advance the game’s rich storyline. Incredible new graphics engine that delivers a high level of detail and quality on both the PlayStation®3 and Windows PC platforms

A flexible class system that allows players to change to any of the eighteen different classes on the fly simply by changing their equipped weapon or tool

Breathtaking musical score by renowned FINAL FANTASY series composer Nobuo Uematsu

Cross platform play on Playstation 3 and Windows PC and Robust gameplay features—such as Free Companies, story-driven player–vs-player content, and primal summoning—to bring players together

*wtf who edit my post? if you want me to change something just ask*

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  13. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    I know in FF11 that race somewhat decided jobs, for example caster jobs performed slightly better as a Taru because they had a higher base Int stat. Elvaan had higher str and mnd (which is why I made a paladin with one),

While race wasn't detrimental to job types - does FF14 "suffer" from this? I'm not a huge min/max -er but I do take that into consideration for job/class types.

Thanks in advanced.

14. kinetic medic

SQA Engineer
    In old FFXIV it did, however it was much more negligable as you also could allocate stats by hand, then they changed things so stats allocate by the class you play... so I dunno. either way I still play/played a midget.

-KM

15. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    I'm going White Mage for my primary job as I loved mine in 11 and I love support classes. Am torn between mithra (11 name heh) and a Taru alternative. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks :)

16. Owainn

Business Owner
    It doesnt matter in FFXIV. The little bitty stats barely make a difference in anything to make it worthwhile. I also know in FFXI it almost didnt matter if you knew how to gear urself properly. Yes MAYBE if you get the exactly same gear with the exact same player skills and have 2 different race, one will be slightly better than the other but it hardly made a difference on a player to player basis.

ARR will have these races that the previous version did not. (Going to use FFXI names cus I am still not used to the new names)

Female Galka
    Male Mithra *manthra*
    Female Highlander (The "tough" version of the Humes did not have a female counterpart in the previous version.)

Also if you dont know all races have clans to choose from. None of these choices will affect your stats.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  17. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    That's good to know! I'll go strictly on looks then. Thanks! :)

18. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Same. A nice firm ass.

19. Xeiiib
    Veteran Star Citizen Member

Radiation Stuff
    I think I'm on Aegis; it's been a while. I bust my ass for a Paragon's Crown but mainly played WHM and BRD. The wife and I are waiting for ARR to release. :happy:

20. Owainn

Business Owner