Eyewear for gamers

Discussion in 'Public General Chat' started by doctorie, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Vandiego

Self Employeed
    What more would you like to see? Or are the two photos I already included not showing up for everyone else?

2. AKADoshan

I don't see any pictures, might be my browser screwing up - I'll have a look into it

3. Vandiego

Self Employeed
  4. Snowman
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

Opticlal Lab Manager
    ok lol this is funny.. im sorry guys its just a company placing an advantage of a glass everyone! makes.. i work for luxottica.. IE the people that own lenscrafters sunglasshut pear lvision make raybans oakley revo.. get the idea.. all these gunnar glasses are are a HT yellow lens. thats it.. oakley sells them they call them HI yellow and HI orange. rayban has them as well.. for those who want to use them for the PC go to a eye doctor or lenscrafters have your fav pair of sunglasses with you get a prescription lens that will give you 25/25 plus 1.25+ magnification with a prism and ask for it in High transmision rate lens rated as a 1 or lower.. and TADA you got those glasses.. i was actually going to order a pair for myself i been tryin to find the right frame..

5. Vandiego

Self Employeed
    I've been using them for when I work nights. And, oh my god, it's so much better now, the lack of eye strain from dealing with everyone's headlights glaring at me for 5 hours straight (especially those halogens) now makes my job so much easier.

Not to mention having a laptop sitting right beside you while driving at night really messes with your eyes. The glasses really help with that now as well.

6. Thanks for the tips, guys. I'm getting me a pair of these, considering how often I sit behind the PC. I'll let you know what I think when I get 'em.

7. Vandiego

Self Employeed
    I got an email from them today saying they're going to release 4 new sets of frames you may want to hold off to see if you like any of those.

8. Nah. I actually liked the Rocket frame. It's similar to the type of frame that people always say suits me. But thanks for the concern.

*edit* got 'em. It's not as big a difference as night is from day, but I do notice that my eyes are relaxing more when I look at the screen. I mainly noticed it because of the years I've been looking at screens and the way my eyes felt because of it, and then suddenly that feeling wasn't there anymore. That, and some things do look a slight bit sharper now, too. It's pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010