Elder Scrolls Online Signup

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online Public Chat' started by TwilightAngel, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Rumor
    Veteran Star Citizen Member

Head Swim Instructor/Aquatic Director
    Signed up but not at all excited. Probably going Dunmer as well.

2. Gauron
    Veteran Star Citizen Member

M.O.D supplier
    It does look good and I’ll definitely give it a go but I am little bit worried about this supper server idea they have along with the shard match up system.

I take it there’s no US EU server? Will we all have to put they same info into the match up system to make sure we don’t get put on different shards at the start?

Guess i'll just wait and see how things go on the BETA.

3. Utherix

Hopefully the shards are nothing like Defiance's absolute crap system. ESO devs said they plan to have a matching system which might be neat. I prefer traditional servers becuase have instanced shards feels immersion breaking as there are actually multiple version of the same world you can switch to. Doesn't have that (albeit small) "permanent" feel any static server might have.

4. KnowYourFoe
    Veteran

I signed up

5. Gankfest
    Banned

Computer Software/Hardware
    Signed up just fine.... Now I just need to wait.

6. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

For Daggerfall I'd probably go Redguard. My preferred. But might try out Orc.
    Could play any Ebonheart, I imagine there will be a lot of Ebonheart though.
    Aldmeri? Maybe Kitty.

7. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

8. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    Excellent read, taking with a grain of salt though.

The faction thing still bugs me a little because of our opinions for XoO (assuming we will have enough for a division). Other than that I'm looking forward to it.

9. Utherix

You sound mad we're rolling Ebonheart Pact.

10. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    I wasn't mad because a decision hasn't been made. I was stating I was concerned because people want to play different races or factions - as in any MMO and that usually brings mild conflicts.

11. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  12. Utherix

Only guy in the car that doesn't know we are rolling Ebonheart Pact, lol. Damn Redguards.

More seriously, I suspect they will add a system where you can switch Factions at some point in the story, or just make all races available to all factions.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  13. Noollab
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Programmer
    I sincerely hope not. MMOs need to go back to multiple, distinguishable factions, not move away from them. :<

14. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Haha, I seriously doubt it. Faction territory locks and all will already get people playing all three factions to see the whole game right out of the gate so they probably won't have many people really asking for them to allow faction switching anyway. I like that the factions are very set in their races and terms, what they want and who they are, etc.

Less seriously... I learned my lesson from Star Wars guys, I'm sorry I wanted to be Sith like everyone else. Can we not roll the most popular faction that everyone will be maining? Nords and Dunmer, the only side that can go to Skyrim and Morrowind? They are gonna be sooooo packed. Also I kinna hate Argonians and will be looking for ways to teamkill them. :eek:ook:
    If I have to read messages from any Nords in general chat asking me what level they learn their shouts, I will shoot myself, I swear!

15. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

16. Utherix

Move away from it? The most popular MMO of all time features distinct factions. World of Warcraft. What about Sith and Republic? Completely distinct. Right now I play PS2 which is in fact an MMO with 3 distinct factions. You live in an alternate reality from me...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  17. Utherix

I tend to agree, except it really doesn't make sense for a faction to exclude the other races. The factions are not fighting a race war, they are fighting for different ideas of how the Empire should be handled. Absolutely no reason why a Altmer who has a human fetish wouldnt go live with the nord men. Also, the Altmer already included the stinking cat men into their alliance so why wouldn't they let an Argonion in? Furthermore, ES has always been equally about interracial cooperation as racism. In Morrowind, the Empire tries to end slavery among the Dark Elves. In Oblivion, Chancellor Ocato, an Altmer, becomes emperor after Uriel and Martin die. In Skyrim, the first Nord Jarl you meet, his most trusted bodyguard is a Dark Elf woman.

If they choose to lock down the factions, it would be a very non-Elder Scrolls thing to do.

I played Republic :p

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  18. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    I don't care what XoO picks if we have a division. If we don't get enough for a division I'm leaning towards Aldmeri Dominion. Ill be playing a Mage type (healer if possible) so Breton, Dark Elf, or High Elf will be my race. No fuss there!

19. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

We had enough for a division just with the single player game Skyrim. Now this is a MMO Elder Scrolls games, there will definitely be enough for a division. Plus we can actively recruit new people for it when the time comes.

Oh, and I wanted Republic too :p

20. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I think he is talking about how the games out there in general allow for switching and crossplay. Maybe not SWTOR, but Warcraft you can go horde to alliance and back with one toon. It is a cash shop feature. I don't know if it is really prevalent, but I know I prefer a game without it.

They are fighting a race war :mad:_@:
    The Altmer especially (and they always have been). The Redguard/Breton too as they are going for their own version of royal leadership.
    And the Altmer having the sandpoopers in their team isn't so odd, they are just another offshoot of mir. Also, I'm a cat owner.
    Playing Altmer would be interesting.

While I'm not against the occasional dark elf living in Skyrim in service to some random Jarl, I don't think it should be common. If players could be any race, it would be common which isn't what the developers want.

You have to remember this is in a time of war that predates the other games. Things have kind of calmed down in the other games between the races.
    In WWII there were Japanese on our side, but it makes sense in a WWII game to scroll through your class types/loadout and not see a Japanese man as one of your options when you're playing as Allies.
    I'd be cool with it if they could make it something of a rare thing, I guess.

Just proves my point, I went with the division (well before they switched lol). Daggerfall or Aldmeri will just be more fun.