Diablo 3 - Imminent?

Discussion in 'Upcoming Game Chatter' started by PhoenixDog, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Secksy
    Veteran

I heard a year or two ago that it was supposed to take place (partly) in Heaven. Like it's a playable area.

>_>

I forget where I saw it though.

2. FliggenMan
    Veteran

Student/Teacher
    the only problem with diablo was the pvp. duels were never enough for me, not to mention there is no team pvp. whats the point of getting uberific loot if you can't use it on unsuspecting players from time to time?

also, it says that there are only going to be 5 character classes. didnt diablo 2 have like 7 or 8? barb, zon, sorc, necro, pally, druid, ... what am i missing?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  3. Vanguard

D3 will probably have expansions down the road, adding more classes.

4. chrisbeebops
    Banned

missing assassin

Diablo II had 5 classes (barb, zon, sorc, necro, pally). Lord of Destruction added 2 more (druid, sin).

I'm sure Blizzard will do something for PvP... but even without it in Diablo I and II... they were the first games I was legitimately hooked on. I played Diablo up until Diablo II release, and played Diablo II until Guild Wars came out. This time around, I'll have to choose between Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3... two games which should be excellent!

5. Secksy
    Veteran

You can count on D3 having an expansion pack, which will add other classes. That's pretty much a guarantee.

6. The Cox
    Veteran

Go go pally smiter!!! no synergies!!!

get rid of that crap, that's what ruined d2 for me in the first place...

Now I think I am going to go reinstall D2 again.... lol

7. Moon

College, Computer Information Technology
    OMG IT WAS FINALLY annouced!!! DIABLO 3 yall Im so excited XD

8. The Communist
    Veteran

Student
    I was wondering what the other Diablos' had in way of PvP... I hope they do something cool with D3.

9. Lev
    Banned

Dancer
    Generally D2 was split off into game rooms, like Star Craft.
    So, you make a room and it would randomly generate all the maps in the world, and the monsters within, and then it would put it on the game list so people could join your room and as such join your dimension of the same world.

If you were both above level 9 you could click an option in your party list for Hostile and basically go at it anywhere outside of town.

Generally for PvP there were some builds that simply do not work and some that work too well, generally the strongest people in PvP will not do elemental damage, and probably not direct physical.

Most effective was the magic arrow /homing arrow zon, hammerdin was also extremely effective, same with chargadin spammers. The rest were decent, but not rigged. Magic damage is always overpowered.

10. The Cox
    Veteran

yep. pretty much what lev said, hopefully though, they will change the way pvp is in d3 and actually make it fair this time...

Oh, and one thing I hope they do, is make it so you can respec your points... Always hated when I misclicked and the point went somewhere I didnt want it to go, and you basically were fucked in D2.

11. Lev
    Banned

Dancer
    Which is why you don't misclick in d2.

What I see being done in a lot of modern MMORPG's is the undo button on the character sheet which allows you to undo whatever change you did from the time you opened the stat window till you close it, and the changes don't actually apply until you do close it.

12. The Cox
    Veteran

True, however in blizzard games, IE the only one they have with this, is WoW, and you have to pay a fee everytime to respec.

But I like your idea of a "save and close" type thing, that way if you do indeed misclick then it is not saved until you hit save and close...

13. PhoenixDog
    Veteran

Delivery Receiver - Sears/Futureshop/Bestbuy
    I've been doing a lot of research for EVERY tidbit of information released. If anyone has any curious questions, feel free to ask me. I think I know just about everything there is to know thus far.

14. Lev
    Banned

Dancer
    Summery + Post = Win for all.

15. The Cox
    Veteran

Don't know if anyone saw this, but the main blizzard site has the Diablo 3 splash up ad it says And The Heavens Shall Tremble... I am wondering if that means we are going to fight in heaven perhaps?

16. PhoenixDog
    Veteran

I'll work on something.

However, I do have an interesting twist. While filling a friend of mine (who ironically was following this thread on here and my posts without my knowledge...stalker) about the 9th Circle of Hell theory of mine, he came up with an interesting and mighty plausible storyline regarding who we will see and face in Diablo 3.

We killed the 3 Prime Evils. That's a given. But the 9th Circle of Hell theory places Satan in the Ice. So what he proposed was that we face the Father of the Prime Evils. We killed the brothers. That would mean there has to be a father involved. In this case - Satan. There has never been a mention of the father of the Prime Evils in the Diablo Series that I know of. But the teaser images pointing quite clearly at the 9th Circle Theory seem to help this idea out.

I had another theory before this. Diablo in the 9th Circle Theory is in face Satan, and the destruction of the World Stone (Which we still don't know the extent of the repercussions of the event) reversed time in some dimensional way. Those still alive still recall the events of Diablo 2 (As stated in the Blizzard story thus far), but in Dante's Inferno, Satan is imprisoned in the 9th Circle because of his sin of trechery towards god. Thusly, the destruction of the world stone reset time in the way that Satan (Diablo) has gone back to the very beginning, right after he betrayed god. In Diablo 3, Diablo escapes from his imprisonment, and the timeline almost resets - In a way.

These are of course only theories, and based entirely on one specific theory linking the game. The 9th Circle Theory I've managed to come up with seems to work. 4 Concentric Rings within the 9th Circle (Each seal on the teaser images had 4 rings), the ice has a place with this theory (Why else would it have been involved this week). And it even helps deal with a few storyline elements, as I discussed.

17. PhoenixDog
    Veteran

There has been talk of this. Not much is known regarding it at this point, but it's been speculated that Tyreal has become corrupted, and the brothers (or whoever we face in D3) use him to gain access to the heavens. Being the hero, we of course are called to defend heaven directly.

Again, only another theory.

18. PhoenixDog
    Veteran

19. Lev
    Banned

Dancer
    So... Diablo =/= Satan?
    Also, there is the Christian god in this?

From what I remember in DnD, the ice plane of Baator is like the 3rd or 4th one down? But I can't remember 3.5 completely.

Can you give us some sitations PDog?

20. The Cox
    Veteran

You are a nut Pdog, I swear...