D2 Raid; December Wk3

Discussion in 'FPS Public Chat' started by PersonalRiot, Dec 12, 2017.

1. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Hey everyone, good work last week - I don't know how many people got the chance to down Agro either with another group or later but most can attest that it is a pretty hard fight. With lots of good strategies emerging - I know that this week will be better than the last. We should be able to zoom through the first part of the raid without any issues to focus up on our boss fights.

Ideally; you should set a goal for yourself to get to 320 or higher light this week. Which is the cap for your damage from the normal raid - this will greatly help you in dealing with yellow mobs (like the Minotaurs) and boss damage. (All weapons to 320+ and overall light to 320).

As before, normal mode Calus drops 330 loot which is great to grab for a quick boost and most PUGs can deal with him pretty easy these days.

As for exotics, the primary strategies for dealing enough damage to Agro all involve generating a massive amount of orbs (of light). The group that I was able to down him with was able to super x2/or even x3 per damage phase. Gunslingers are extremely good at this with their bottom perk generating 6 orbs per super. If you are a hunter (like me), be on the look out for Nighthawk and Orpheus Rig.

Sunbreakers deal a ton of damage to the boss as well. For Titans, I think Crest of Alpha Lupi is one of the best armors for the boss fight. Giving you the ability to recovery your health (when dealing with adds) and additional orbs when you use Sunbreaker.

Last but not least, this is a pretty busy weekend for myself. I will be unable to make the normal 4 PM start time. If an earlier time works for other people, I would be happy to come (1 PM/2 PM <- Might need to leave a bit early). Otherwise, I will likely catch everyone else at a later time. So please post your available times on Saturday (or if other days work better, let us know).

2. Deadend
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Monkey.
    The earlier the better for me

3. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

I think you mean the normal 6pm start time since we use EST ;)

The earliest I can do is 3pm EST, as that is a little before I normally wake up. But I can get up an hour early to make the raid at that time if we need to.

4. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Sorry : P My head is a bit off. I played MST so it is usually 4 PM my time. So I am asking if it is possible that we could do 3 PM EST (which would be 1 PM MST). Seems to work well for Dead and you. How is everyone else with Saturday @ 3 PM EST?

5. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

I forgot that Im helping a friend move tomorrow so at most ill only have an hour and a half to do the riad.

6. Deadend
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Monkey.
    I don't know if I'm going to make it today I'm not feeling very well.