Crowfall vs Camelot Unchained

Discussion in 'Upcoming Game Chatter' started by Kyoji, Dec 25, 2016.

?

Which are you most interested in?

1. Camelot Unchained

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Crowfall

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

RvRvR is the best setup without a doubt.

RF Online hold a very fond place in my heart for this reason. Nothing better than moving around around and crashing into a flank to push back the winning team from the last chip war. Oh forming a temp. alliance to put down some loudmouthed race leader with the other faction. I think Crowfall will be interesting from an action perspective but I love the amount of lore/thoughts behind the DAOC classes. The class variation if they can get it would be fantastic - something I always loved about Warhammer Online. My swordmaster was a blast to play and completely different from most other MMOs I had played before (dancing through stances).

Last but not least I think it is really important to find how who is going to be a core Crowfall player/vs people who are just using the game as a buffer. I'll be straight up that I am buffering Crowfall until I can play CU. This was a big/and important thing for MMOs since the same thing happened with Blade & Soul -> Black Desert. It is critical to know how much of your userbase might disappear and who is the core team that is going to keep the guild alive.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  2. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

Core vs Buffer is hard to tell this early out and I think many would find it difficult to say that they will with 100% certainty play X game over Y or that they will be dedicated to the game for a while with the exception of avid fans of the company/employees/title.

For now I am satisfied with a general interest. If the games seem to be good I am fairly positive we will sink our teeth into both. I have always been a proponent for anti-forever gaming. Too many seek a game that will last forever when they just need to enjoy themselves for as long as possible. Otherwise people worry about small details then quit.

3. DARKTIDE!!
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught CO

Bomb Dropper
    No EA stuck the fork in Warhammer. As a guy that actually did a lot of work with Warhammer. What killed Warhammer mostly is their ideas was leaked by blizzard espionage. The Que anywhere for battlegrounds, the que anywhere for dungeons and things like that, not to mention a ton of their coding. I know cause I was a pre-alpha backer on that game, and was in on every single play test. I'll never forget the email that came down of we have found out that some of our recent former employees are now working at blizzard. Due to the location of where they are working we are launching a lawsuit, that lawsuit was settled out of court for a undisclosed amount of money. So don't point at EA, as that was already at the point of no return for the game. Thank fucking Blizzard for corporate espionage that they should have taken more of a hit on than what the fucking did.

That reason right there is why I attempt to NEVER pay blizzard any money what so ever if I can. They ruined my game, my hard testing and my feed back that I gave those guys.

Anyways Rant over, The thing is RvR will always do better in any sense of faction when it comes to PVP warfare. Because it allows for multipule fronts to be waged on. I think the reason they are attempting to make it so that it can handle a metric fuck ton of clients is because there is going to be goals at the end of the tunnel that tons and tons of people are going to have to be fighting for, or defending. Remember Relic Runs anyone? If you look at why IMO GW2 was never that great of a hit with RVR, was because besides just bragging rights (unless they added this in after I left) what was the end goal of global domination? To move up with rankings? To other realms that we can fight? Who gives a shit, I want trophy's and buffs for my realm because I coordinated 500 people from different groups at the same time to be successful.

Why I think that Crowfall will do better is because you can take your guild or community into a "season off" if you want to and play something a bit easy. Think of it this way, right now would be a hard season for anyone older that has life, job, school, and so on. So if we wanted as XOO we could take a RVR senerio, and hold back a bit til the summer. When things are a little more "free" and go into the full on GVG cluster. There is tons of opportunists to build around this and get people playing around this concept of what is our next 3-6 months going to look like that could make this game go on forever.

4. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

Indeed. In Crowfall you CAN do RvRvR or even 12-Faction RvR or FFA etc. The choice is yours. That being said I hope they work the rewards in such a way that everyone isn't simply playing FFA for the better loot and forming mega alliances to dominate the loot. That would kill the game faster than anything.

5. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Speaking of the different game modes; which would we as a guild care about most? I am always biased towards RvRvR; 3 faction stuff. Always mean there is targets to kill and friendly to help shape the battleground.