Battlefield 1942 for free.

Discussion in 'FPS Public Chat' started by MechaDangerous, Nov 5, 2012.

1. MechaDangerous
    Veteran FPS Member

Service Delivery Manager
  2. Squirl
    Veteran Camelot Unchained Member

Systems Admin
    Done... I already own 4 different box copies. It will be nice to have a digital version.

3. VakarisJ
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Free? Cost -- your entire PC.

Origin monitors everything -- your internet activity, your running processes, your explorer favorites even. It also monitors things like your OS, hardware, drivers. In comparison, Steam only monitors the latter group and collects it anonymously (while Origin tags everything) and allows you to disable the monitoring whenever you want, whereas with Origin it's all mandatory.

4. bishop
    Veteran FPS Officer

Information Security Analyst
    most of us already run origin and dont have issues with being spied up since we all used to run xfire as well.

regardless of the downsides of potentially running origin the game is still free. derp.

also i dont actually run origin constantly, only when playing origin games, and when im gaming you can expect my running process and internet activity to be minimal.

5. VakarisJ
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I've XFire running at all times, yet I didn't have to sign a ToS for XFire that tells me to hand over all my files, including encrypted files along with the encryption keys and any files that have ever been in contact with my PC to the owners of XFire at their command. Origin has (or had) that in their ToS. For those of us that are European, we've less to worry about, as our laws are against such invasion. For those that live in America...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ

Basically, what I'm saying it -- it isn't worth it, even if you haven't anything incriminating on your PC, as they'll use any info they can scavenge for their anti-consumer practices.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  6. bishop
    Veteran FPS Officer

Information Security Analyst
    This is not an appropraite venue for this discussion. Feel free to make a separate thread.