ARK Survival Server?

Discussion in 'Upcoming Game Chatter' started by Kyoji, Jun 11, 2015.

?

Interested?

1. I would like to have a XoO-hosted server.

32.4%
  2. I would like to join an existing server with other XoO members

14.7%
  3. Either is fine. But I am interested in playing together.

52.9%
  1. s o k a r
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

This is why I would like to have our own server with admins who won't fuck around and give themselves shit.

I would also like it if transfers were turned off, just makes the game so much more enjoyable. I love the primitive side of the game but once you start getting into C4/Rocket launchers and shit like that it just kinda loses its challenge.

2. mercsan
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I mean if you guys make a XoO server and don't know whats gonna happen...

3. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

A XoO server for a game like this would work if it was public and we had tons of people join or we broke up into groups. For now we can all join a server.

You can transfer your characters over by visiting an ark. You can do this in single player easily enough by hitting "tab" then typing "addexperience 99000 0 0" which will get you to level 60. You can go lower if you only wish to level up to an honest amount to that of which you already had on a previous server (this is handy if your server doesn't allow transfers like Official servers). Then you transfer your character into a server that does.

If for whatever reason we wish to join a good server without that ability we can start off at lvl 1 and work together to level up. Either way is fine by me.

4. Kyoji

Also should we all start at level 1 on a fresh server or join a server several of us are already currently on?

5. s o k a r
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

I rather enjoy it when we have everyone start fresh. The initial struggle is half the fun.

Fresh level 1's is my choice. It will keep people from getting "burned out" so quick because they SP cheated to 60 and just nade spam bases.

6. snagglefox
    Veteran Final Fantasy Member

Student & EMT
    Fresh level 1s IMO.

7. Kyoji

Also it seems the game is coming out with modding so you can have customized servers and maps.

8. mercsan
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I modded your mom to be pragnant with you.

RIP Kyoji, I'm your ½ black dad. Your entire life has been lived as a lie.

Now go get my work boots. Jk Jk, we know that wouldn't happen.... hue

9. Kyoji

well that would explain some things...or thing.

10. mercsan
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Like why I'm never around? Only on birthdays

11. Banner (Hammer)
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Systems Analyst
    Hey guys! Long time no talk. I have been crazy busy. I just started my MBA and were trying to have another baby.

I am going to try and make time to play this as I just got it today for a father's day gift. Let me know what you all choose to do. I vote on starting from scratch also because I have no clue what I am doing....yet.

12. Kyoji

I'll see if I can find a good server to play on for everyone. We will probably need to start over at level 1 but I think that will be a fun adventure. Give me a few days to look into a server that is good or perhaps I can look at hosting a server.

13. LordSitric
    Veteran FPS Member

Hey guys Idk if you guys are still playing this but I am looking for more people to play with either changing to you guys or if you haven't found a server for everyone you can join mine its pretty well populated the admins are cool and character transfers are not allowed, but its been running for a bit so there are some bigger clans on already.

currently just playing with me and a single friend and its not working to great, lol we keep getting our base destroyed (like leveled) when we log off.... but another big clan playing on this server to spin the pot would be good.

Other wise I would love to join you guys on a different server if your already established and I am sure my friend would join as well. so let me know where you all ended up.

14. LordSitric
    Veteran FPS Member

lol didn't see the server post disregard last post

15. Efi
    Veteran Communications Director

Finark and I have been playing on various servers - a few in the UK, a few Aussie servers. Haven't convinced the hubby to play yet, but I'm still workin on it. We haven't really settled in anywhere long-term. Like most survival games, the servers seem to get really popular, then something within the population blows up and the server dies off. Right now we're on [AU] CoOptimal Gaming.

Definitely interested in joining up where some XoO folk are, but we'll have to regulate the raiding schedule a bit. A big guild rolling in and dominating every one hard-core is the quickest way to kill off a server.

The problem with hosting your own server is that if you decide to go raid, people will constantly accuse you of admin abuse (even if you're playing 100% legit), so you wind up in situations with guild-hosted servers where nobody wants to play because the server owning tribe has no viable competition.

900+ hours in ARK: Survival Evolved and counting...

My Steam is Efitall, btw.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  16. Efi
    Veteran Communications Director

Also some one told me @Rakion has a server somewhere, but idk what it's called.

17. Rakion
    Banned

I had a server up, its down right now, because everyone switched servers when I was out of town. I can put it back up if there is interest. It was a private one

18. swifthawk
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I play on Official55, its low-medium population because one specific tribe are douches.