Your Vote

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online Public Chat' started by decoyninja, Feb 15, 2014.

1. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  2. doctorie
    Veteran

volunteer worker for alchoholics anon
    be cool to see after more votes have been counted.

looks close so far in all areas

3. Leoben

The beta impressions scoring is pretty amazing considering all the negative reviews i've seen here in XoO:

Have you been a part of beta at any time for The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO)?
    Yes (less than 3 months) (66%, 1,021 Votes)
    Yes (3 to 6 months) (19%, 298 Votes)
    Yes (6 or more months) (7%, 113 Votes)
    No (I never requested key) (3%, 53 Votes)
    No (I requested key, but didn't get in) (5%, 52 Votes)

Do you play MMOs often?
    Frequently (58%, 878 Votes)
    Occasionally (24%, 359 Votes)
    Exclusively (8%, 119 Votes)
    Rarely (7%, 113 Votes)
    Never (3%, 57 Votes)

What is your opinion of ESO?
    [Player] Favorable (there are some bugs, but I enjoyed it nonetheless) (59%, 897 Votes)
    [Player] Favorable (it is everything I hoped for) (23%, 344 Votes)
    [Player] Unfavorable (I didn't enjoy the experience) (8%, 117 Votes)
    [Non-Player] Favorable (based on what I've heard, seen, or read) (4%, 65 Votes)
    Undecided (4%, 56 Votes)
    [Player] Unfavorable (there are too many bugs) (1%, 20 Votes)
    [Non-Player] Unfavorable (based on what I've heard, seen, or read) (1%, 19 Votes)

Do you feel that ESO is what players have asked for?
    Yes (I am not looking for a Skyrim successor, but rather an ESO world to interact with other players) (71%, 993 Votes)
    Undecided (undecided or I don't know what Elder Scrolls players have asked for) (12%, 174 Votes)
    No (I have been in beta and disagree with the direction of the game) (11%, 152 Votes)
    Yes (this is my first experience with Elder Scrolls titles and I feel positive about beta and/or press) (5%, 64 Votes)
    No (I have not been in beta, but press has makes me think that it is heading in the wrong direction) (1%, 14 Votes)

Do you feel ESO beta will be ready to go live on 4.4.2014?
    Yes (the timeline is right for release in April) (57%, 791 Votes)
    Undecided (I am waiting for more information before I make that judgement) (25%, 351 Votes)
    No (there are too many issues yet to be addressed) (18%, 240 Votes)

Would you pay a monthly subscription to play ESO?
    Yes (I would pay around $15/mo | €13/mo | £9/mo, e.g., World of Warcraft) (72%, 1,012 Votes)
    No (I would pay a one-time fee to purchase ESO, e.g., Guild Wars 2) (16%, 227 Votes)
    Indifferent (indifferent or it depends on my personal finances) (10%, 146 Votes)
    No (I would pay microtransactions if ESO were free to play, e.g., Planetside 2) (2%, 28 Votes)

Will you subscribe to ESO?
    Yes (I purchased or plan to purchase the Imperial Edition) (59%, 823 Votes)
    Yes (I purchased or plan to purchase the Standard Edition) (18%, 256 Votes)
    Undecided (I will wait to see what the final product is like) (9%, 130 Votes)
    No (I do not plan to purchase or subscribe to ESO) (9%, 128 Votes)
    Yes (I plan to subscribe) (5%, 66 Votes)

Which Alliance will you join in ESO?
    Aldmeri Dominion 763 votes (35%)
    Daggerfall Covenant 722 votes (33%)
    Ebonheart Pact 702 votes (32%)

Aldmeri Dominion...............Daggerfall Covenant...............Ebonheart Pact
    725 Characters...................693 Characters.....................763 Characters
    29 Guilds...........................33 Guilds.............................30 Guilds

4. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

the last set? yeah. I made that those 3 polls myself for reddit and figured it would get a lot more results. I guess most people aren't as interested in peaking at faction diversity as I am.

yup. just goes to show that the loudest people in the room aren't necessarily the best sources of information.

5. Rumor
    Veteran Star Citizen Member

Head Swim Instructor/Aquatic Director
    It also shows, as usual, that the population as a whole has no idea what to except/want from a game and will just jump from game to game endlessly. Also those numbers are tiny compared to the amount of gamers you need to keep a triple A looking "profitable."

6. doctorie
    Veteran

volunteer worker for alchoholics anon
    Yes I hear ya Rumor.

No MMO worth playing atm so not much to do but try each new game as it comes out and hope its good.

Till then Ill play my bf4 and Planetside 2..and various other fps games.

7. senekz

I was thinking here and i guess i´ll play ESO... WOW is boring right now and there is no viabble option, i guess this is why people are going to play, not because is a good option, but the only one.

8. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

I am playing because it is a good option. capturing a keep/castle has been quite fun in the game. Seeing the evolution of this game from being in beta the past 9-10 months or so has been quite nice. The game to me seems to be shaping up quite nicely and it should make for some very good times in PvP.

9. Regis
    Veteran

I am skeptical of poll results because people who have given up on the game or hated it probably won't waste time giving the negative feedback in the first place. Just my opinion on the poll thing.

Games where there is RvR are usually fun though so have fun guys. My feeling is if you think it will be fun then just play it.

10. Rumor
    Veteran Star Citizen Member

Head Swim Instructor/Aquatic Director
    Yeah, I'm not a fan. I've been in beta for 6+ months and I didn't vote.

11. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

This ^ was about to write it but i knew someone would already.

If they had another round or a longer beta giving time to play ER and test it out more than the last half assed stress test on which 1 day was wasted queuing maybe it'd give more incentive to play it.

For what i saw of RVR it could really turn out exactly like GW2's tho, so it really depends what they can make of it, it can be a blast (daoc) and it can suck (gw2).

When the game goes F2P and if the RVR is fun then it can be an alternative. Right now P2P + pay extra for imperials and such just doesn't look good. P2P should be all inclusive, like those resorts things.

Now the wife'll prolly play it so i'll see how much fun she's got, might pick it up too at some point.

12. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I find they go both ways, polls. Like trends. Still, thought it would be interesting to put these things up.

I really like seeing the ones that have nothing to do with the who is in and who is out. Like the Census results are really interesting. I just wish it got popular and updated after the pre-order and collector's edition race changes.

I also threw in one I found on "Vampire, Werewolf and none" which I found interesting now that the respective skill lines are public.

You mean EP? There probably is truth to it being the worst starting zone(s) so far, but I didn't dislike it. Especially when you find the cursed skeever people and the creepy ice cave.

Too true. But why did GW2 get boring?

The three big changes I like about ESO RvR are:
    • It is a large PvPvE zone with quests and public, cross-faction instances.
    • Long and Short Campaign modes. I think the short ones will be really cool and help keep it exciting. I will probably join that one. I think they can either span 3 months or a few weeks.
    • The only thing resembling an Auction House requires your faction's PvP involvement. I just wish I knew how it looked in action.
    Having no arena and battlegrounds will probably help RvR activity too.

What do you think? What did GW2 need to make their version more successful?

Yup. But those days are long gone. I can't even remember a P2P game I've played that didn't sell something like races, classes and the like on the side. Even my first MMO Anarchy-Online waaaaay long ago put out a content package you had to buy to play the new class.

I doubt it will be a reoccurring thing here. For races... I don't even know what else they could attempt to add to a TES game.

13. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I did AD but i wanted to try the covenant as it seems a better zone (the one with dark elves). I just wanted to play a wood elf for the bow bonus + the looks (i like bows, especially in open PVP games).

I think DAOC's RVR worked fine because all high lvl xp'ing zones were in pvp area (if i remember well ?) so u had to fight in any case and u could gank and all, hence, owning keeps and all was quite important to your realm in order to ensure safety of ur faction. I think it kinda went thru the toilet with the shared dungeons in expansions ?

Also, i think that a game that totally separates PVP from PVE, like GuildWars 2 did, can't work. U have to have both things entwined or it'll lose purpose. Best fun is in full pvp servers where u have to fight to reach the dungeons and all are able to cap keeps that spawn guards to ur faction & provide u with safe heaven, seriously crippling the opposition capacity to run dungeons and such.

Now it's quite all irrelevant : u click on ur dungeon finder thingie and u're auto TP at the entrance to ur dungeon with the rest of the team, no harm possible, nothing, preventing any pvp related game that could be interesting on the way to the dungeon itself. I understand that it saves a lot of time for people tho.

So, i dunno. RVR is sure fun but if u can reach lvl cap and end game without being forced to be in the RVR zone at some point, i don't think it'll work. If ESO's RVR is a zone in where every high lvl must "live" then i'm pretty sure it'll be great, if not, then i don't know.

14. senekz

Last real good pvp mmo i played was AIKA... love it! UO haved too but is too old.

GW2 with restricted pvp and poor end content kill the game, real detailed game and nice :/

15. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

I am not sure if it is possible or not to stay completely out of any PvP area and reach max level, probably is possible but would be more difficult/time consuming. There are many PvE related quests and story stuff that takes you in and through Cyrodiil and it's PvP areas.

16. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I'm not sure you are allowed free teleports to Cyrodiil instances and the Adventure Zone. I thought it existed to allow you access to the PvE instances, like the ones you can't walk to in other faction's territories.