XoO Community meeting

Discussion in 'News - Front Page Posts' started by Brownmccoy, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Brownmccoy
    Veteran

[​IMG]

Hey guys, we will be having a meeting on April 22 at 930PM EST.

For those of you who are new to XoO, or who missed the meetings in the past, here is a basic rundown of how the meeting goes; each division gives a recap of what they have done, their achievements, their successful mole removal surgery etc. After that, we discuss certain matters about XoO, and during the meeting people will be sending me questions for the Xenate to answer.

At this particular meeting, we have a lot to talk about. The main topics are:

Vent vs TS3 (before you speak at the meeting or raise a fuss, try out TS3. Its faster (1/3-1/2 second reduction in speech delay) and more user friendly)
    Code of Conduct

If you have suggestions for topics, post them here, or if you have input but can't make it to the meeting say what you'd like discussed here. Do not troll this thread or your posts will be deleted. Keep the thread clean so topics don't get missed.

Brownmccoy
    Community Relations

2. The Communist
    Veteran

Student
    These are always so fun!

3. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    April 22nd is a Thursday.

Wow, I actually might be able to make a XoO meeting for once!!!

/hopes

4. The Communist
    Veteran

Student
    We can talk about SC2 and how great it is right?

5. Prime

Excellent, great to hear a date has been set. I'll be sure to be there. I do have something I'd like to be discussed. Now I haven't really thought this through, plus it can go in one of many directions, so bear with me.

The topic is XoO 'Supported' games. What are the requirements for a game to be come supported under XoO? Are there specific guildelines for this? If not, then how do you go about choosing which games qualify to be supported, and which don't? If there are guildelines, what are they? Have they been made public or are they for the upper echelons to know?

Here is an example. I am a member and officer in the GW division. Though just recently, I tried out RFO for the first time. At this tiem, GW is a supported game, RF isn't. Though, in both games, a XoO guild exists within the game. Both guilds are formed by current XoO forum members. Both guilds are able to use the XoO vent server, with their own channel(s). Strangely enough, in these past few days I've seen more activity in the RF guild than I have seen in the GW guild for a long time. Now don't get me wrong, I love GW and very much enjoy the friendships I've made through XoO, and more than likely will not play RF often as I don't have much more time to devote to it. I hope that made sense.. /needmoresleepontheweekends...

As for a possible solution? I really don't have a definitive answer. As I said, it can go several ways. You could do away with the word 'supported', and just have a 'games' forum section. Maybe with all the games organized by genre. Or if you do want to keep a distinction between supported and unsupported, then please draw the line. Though if you choose this route, I really don't know how you will be able to draw the line and still be fair and non-biased. For example, you can't compare the playerbase and hype that BF:BC2 has right now to pretty much any other game. Though every game has their die hard, albeit less numerous, fans.

Which reminds me, Dash and Kioji posted a couple of threads asking for help coding PHP, Java etc for an overhaul of the site you guys are working on. Not sure why, but I have a feeling that this site upgrade will include some type of re-structuring of XoO. Maybe you guys (Xenate) have already discussed this before, or it may already be a topic on your list.

Now I'm going to get some sleep, hope that made sense. I'll try to come back with a couple more topics maybe.

6. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

there are a lot of positive things that could be changed for the better. All it takes is a bit of support for the changes and a little action. There are things in the works, hopefully it won't be too much longer till it can all be implemented.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  7. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    Looking forward to this, actually. I haven't been around long,
    but I'd like to see some awesome changes. Thanks for the tease, Keej.

8. Xamiazi
    Veteran

Paramedic/Navy SEAL
    NEW TOPIC: Banning people from the community w/o talking to them first, specially older members.

9. Eckehart

Can't wait to see whats in store. I'm a rookie at PHP if you guys need a extra hand with web design.

10. TheBerch
    Veteran

Emergency Medical Services
    They can be fun, as long as a certain someone can wait her turn properly..... (I shall not point fingers)

Anyway, I do believe that Avatar comes out that day, so I have more pressing matters to attend.

11. Insho
    Veteran

3 AM for me on a thursday.. mhhhhh.
    Not sure if i would be able to make it, especially on a thursday and 3 AM is only the start of it.. :eek:

12. Stenog
    Veteran

Solution, go to bed @ 8 pm, wake up @ 3 am ;)

13. Kure.
    Veteran

Lead Customer Relations
    Not to get off base of the thread, but Prime here is some piece of mind for ya. :D RFO once was a community of 80+ players and during retail we always had 40+ actively playing on a daily bases. By all means since you are an officer of another XoO supported game you are dedicated to that stick with it. Rfo comes and goes. the ones you play with now are the ones that have always jumped from game to game with XoO but always seems to find their way back to RFO.

RFO was a supported game until AION came out then everyone went to play that. Sad to say, Aion(for the rfo players) is just not what all the hype was about. its a fun game dont get me wrong, but the pvp isnt all there. Hence why people are going back to RFO, PvP in RFO is like no other and we are glad to have a fellow XoO join for an experience like no other. Be that as it may, coming from GWs you will adapt easy but dont lose yourself in RFO.. lol its addicting at times. We are all just casual players so if you dont log in... not a big deal man, you have other dedications in XoO that need to be attended first.

Speaking of activity, its a new game to you, just like any other new game you will put time into it. everyone does this from time to time, not a big deal. This community is so big and strong everyone knows that you may or may not jump from game to game when you start playing a new one. Good thing about the server we are on now, is you can hit max level in little under 2 hours. See you in game man!! :D

** back on topic, I should be able to make it.

14. Eskara
    Veteran FPS Officer

Reservoir Dam Inspector
    Another late one for the EU guys... -.-

Wouldn't it have been better to have it on a Friday or Saturday and maybe a little earlier otherwise you are missing quite a lot of members and an entire division for that matter.... I did mention this at the last community/leaders meeting as the EU guys couldn't make that either.

Anyway, i wont be around at that time in the morning since i have to up for work at 0630 =/

15. arakiel

I'd also like a clarification of Prime's question. I joined XoO for STO and that had as many people online and in vent as GW and yet was made unsupported so some criteria would be good.

I'm only bothered by this because I've been told that if there is a supported division within XoO you cannot join a different guild for that game, which is understandable, until you hit games like the ones mentioned above with either minimal participation, no guild pvp, or the majority of players in a completely different timezone but no flagging of that game as EU or OC(?) giving us NA players a “way out of the contract†for that particular game so some clarification of what is acceptable would help.

2cp

16. Brownmccoy
    Veteran

This stuff will be discussed with the CoC.

17. dash

I'll go into this a little bit because it's a simple answer. We only support games with approved leadership. Leadership in both STO and RFO requested for the games to go to unsupported because of lack of members who will be playing. Most of RFO group went to AION EU. For STO, Recruitment was difficult because we got caught behind the curve. Our members wanted to join other factions to get more out of the game. Leadership is planning on revisiting supporting the game after an expansion if there is interest.

This is a good topic and something we will be discussing, and will be changing a bit with the inclusion of a division ranking system. More at meeting.

18. Prime

Excellent, looking forward to seeing what you guys are cooking up.

19. Que
    Admin

Please check it out before the meeting. Here is the test server info for TS3

IP: 173.203.126.232
    Port: 9987

20. ViciousDS

I've ran my own TS3 server I actually love it, plus to me the codecs sound much much better, but thats just my opinion through what I've heard using it and everyone just has an overall crisper sound.