Will we have a Diablo 3 division?

Discussion in 'Public General Chat' started by Tal, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Tal

Student, Round Table Pizza
    Hey guys, it's been forever since I've really had the time to commit to playing a game with school/work but with Diablo 3 coming out in the near future I'm hoping I'll be able to roll with the troops again. I haven't played any games with the guild since Planetside last summer so I'm not in any of the membergroups. Is there going to be a Diablo 3 division or will it just stay under the other games section?

2. TheBerch
    Veteran

Emergency Medical Services
    Not sure, some people expressed interest in starting up a division for it. But maybe ive just been out of tune with whats going on in the world of D3, or everyone kinda fazzed out about it. I duno...

Just depends on how many express interest to play, and if someone applies for a CO spot.

3. Tal

Yea the hype seems to be dying down with the release being put off so long.

4. Owainn
    Veteran Chronicles of Elyria Member

Business Owner
    I dunno. I think in like 6 months that game is gonna turn into another cash shop game, where people are just buying their way to the best gear rather than gaming. I kinda wanted to play it as a solo game and enjoy it to see if MAYBE I will play online. Then I find out that Blizz is forcing players to be online in order to play the solo game.

But hell if XoO wants a division for D3 XoO is going to get it! goodluck!

5. Rubius
    Veteran Xenforcer

Software Engineer
    Hey Tal!! Been a long time, buddy. I'm not sure if there will be a division, but whether or not, there will certainly be people playing it together. Feel free to join in.

Will I be playing? Possibly. I've been looking forward to it, but unlike so many others, I didn't get a chance to try the beta. So we'll see when the game gets here.

6. Yizelin
    Veteran

I'll definitely be playing (hell, amazon reminds me every couple of weeks that they're working on finding my collector's edition ;p) but I seriously doubt that D3 will require a full on division.

Maybe a sub-forum so that people can organize trades and a sticky with everyone's name for friending purposes. I'd be good for that anyway.

7. Kazzier
    Veteran

D3 probably wont require a full division as Yiz said, however a sub division would still be nice.

8. Tal

Hey Rubius! I suppose that's true, it's not the kind of game that needs much organization. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out and hopefully we can get some folks together to make our way through inferno.

9. Hanuman
    Banned

We had a D2 division with about 15 lads and a few ladies, no reason we can't have a D3.

If you have 10-15 playing actively you could always start an unofficial div.

10. The Cox
    Veteran

My only worry like Owainn said was that the game will turn into a cash shop with people buying their gear instead. Basically making gold farming legal in a Blizz game. Because with the auction house you can get real money out of it.

11. Hanuman
    Banned

^Private maps shouldn't be an issue.
    D2 is currently that anyway, except it has ad-bots that follow you into games several times at once.

12. Secksy
    Veteran

I doubt it, to be honest. It doesn't seem like a game that would stand the test of time.

Then again, I've been wrong about these things before.

13. Yizelin
    Veteran

True enough, and you can always count me in for the D3 division though I wouldn't want to be an officer given my new job (after a few weeks I go night shift and thus couldn't attend meetings [not that I do anyway ;p]).

If support is needed though, pen my name in.

14. Gankfest
    Banned

Computer Software/Hardware
    Yup, kinda a jerkfest these days! But.... That is anything with the Blizzard label these days.

15. Tal

Indeed. I feel sorry for the devs every time I peruse the D3 forums. People will seriously find anything to bitch about.

16. Yizelin
    Veteran

To be fair, having been on the dev side of client rantings & mixed messages (have seen one client almost become a literal revolving door from his rampant flipflopping), you should only really feel bad for the community managers who get to reply to all the asinine whining.

The devs (depending on rank) will either talk about it for a little bit, weigh options and then do something worth their time or print it out for a wall of shame and go "lol, back to my workflow :p". Also, sometimes both if the whining is really funny.

Can't wait for the game, really no matter the property they just polish it to a shine and it always shows to me.

17. mercsan
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Eh, no need to have a division being the type of game that it is. Seems silly.

18. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    Other Games subforum maybe?

19. sn0wman

new here. I would join a d3 division if it became available. I just want to see what the PvP is gonna be like.

20. mwhays
    Veteran

Stock Broker / Financial Planner / Registered Inve
    Yeah, why not give it an area just like Skyrim got? Seemed effective and it was a place to nerd out and share Robbaz videos. We can all be assured he'll have a few for diablo. We need a place to share them!