What did you guys think of Destiny?

Discussion in 'FPS Public Chat' started by PersonalRiot, Jul 28, 2014.

1. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Now that beta is over. How did everyone feel about it?

I only got the chance to play an hour over the weekend since I have been extremely busy with moving, preparing for vacation, and prepping my new condo. My overall impression were quite good but a little quirky in some points (which is to be expected with the short time I had with it). Gameplay wise; the shooting felt extremely solid, the best that I had the pleasure of playing recently. The audio for gunfire and enemies was super crisp and well done. The few story missions that I ran (3-4) were engaging but not mind blowing by any standard.

A few negatives; it looks like so-so at best (other than the skyboxes) on my PS3 which is strange since Last of Us, FF13, and many other games look great compared to it. Finding ammo packs on the ground was a bit of an issue which reminds me of the old run over corpses of DOOM and other games. Half the time I am not even sure if a particular enemy drop anything or not.

2. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

Well I didnt get a PC beta key, so i didnt get to play :(

3. abdulrapidz
    Veteran Xenforcer

They didn't have a PC beta unfortunately. I played on my PS4 and really enjoyed it. Had some issues with kills delaying, multiplayer is fun but needs a load more balancing. Otherwise I was pretty much sold.