Unholy DPS Deathknight

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Sakura, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Sakura

Character Name, Class, and Main Spec: Sakuralol
    Applying for position as raider (as probate) or a member/friend: Raider
    Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&n=Sakuralol

1. Talent spec(s); did you pick up something outside of normal theorycrafting or have a dual talent spec? Unholy 12/59... this is just the best spec for my current set of gear, will play around with it some more as i upgrade.

2. Do you have offspec sets to complement dual spec assignments or even just a trinket change for certain encounters? What stats do you have different for these sets. I have just one PVE spec atm (other is PVP) but I would love to build a tanking set eventually.

3. Professions: Do you have raid enhancing professions or gathering ones? What does your profession provide you for raid utility? (Max professions are an important boost to raiding) I'm currently working on them, I have just recently started playing this toon.

4. How long have you played WoW? List your raiding accomplishments, time played, experience on other toons that may be more. I started playing WoW about 1 year after Launch. Most of that time was spent of my Resto Druid. For some reason I didn't really get into raiding during vanilla (I regret that now). During TBC I wasn't too serious either: Kara, Za, Gruul, Mag. When WOTLK came out I decided I'd take raiding seriously, joined a semi-hardcore raiding guild which is currently stuck at Yog-Saron P2. I recently decided to give healing a break and see how I do as a Deathknight.

Here is the link for my resto druid : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moonrunner&cn=Vdub&gn=Gods+of+War

5. How much do you PvP? Is it a priority of your time playing? How will it impact raiding? Whenever I don't PVE I PVP... but PVE>PVP

6. How old are you? Maturity and dedication are of utmost importance. 18 is required with limited exceptions. I am 21.

7. Where do you live (state/country) and what is the living arrangement (wife, children, dorm, etc)? Currently I live in Toronto, Ontario.. Will be moving to Calgary, Alberta in 3 weeks.

8. Current occupation (outside of WoW)? What kind of hours do you put in?
    I am an accounting student, will be starting 3rd year in the Fall. I have been working at DQ (don't laugh at me :) ) for the past 4 years but I decided to take a break this summer.

9. What guild and/or server are you coming from and why? What do you expect Xen of Onslaught to provide better? (Make sure to include your old guild or we could confuse it with a guild you have joined). Well like I said, I got really sick of healing for so many years, and my guild is at the point where they can do without me, I think (numbers wise). I'm hoping that one day my Deathknight can be as successful as my druid is, and I think your guild can help me get there.

10. How did you hear about Xen? List any personal references within the guild and expect them to asked about your raiding ability or confirmation of for friend rank. I saw your recruitment announcement in trade and decided to give it a try. I raided with Azric last night but I don't really know anyone in the guild.

11. <Xen of Onslaught> strives to maintain a top end raid progression. What and how many consumables do you plan to have in preparation for each raid? Specific amounts and types preferred. Since you guys raid 4 hours I will bring 4xFlasks of Endless Rage.

12. Our raid schedule can include Monday-Thursday from 7:00-11:00 PM CST (Sargeras Server time) with the occasional Sunday raid for progression (and sometimes skipping Tuesdays for farmed content or patch days). What would be your most likely scheduling conflict if any? For the summer there really shouldn't be any complications. I'll have to see my schedule once I go back to school but I'm pretty sure I will be able to keep high attendance.

13. Please list any thoughts or concerns you have on the Raid Policy as upon completing this application you will be assumed to understand and agree with them unless stated here. We are always open to considering new ways of doing things. Everything sounds great, DKP sounds fun by now.. I'm tired of corrupt loot councils!

14. Submit a wws or screenshot of a damage/healing meter (a 2nd shot of your personal breakdown of attacks is also helpful as it shows your rotation) for dps, tps, and hps. We keep wws reports for 1 month and will use them as a last resort to determine how to help people improve. If one is not available, explain why. To be honest I haven't done much raiding on this character. I also haven't really been in a guild yet. Lately I've just been trying to pug whatever I can to get some gear before I even start looking for a guild. I feel like I have acquired a decent amount of gear. If I do pug something soon I will take an SS.

15. Provide a picture of your UI, preferably in Raid combat(at least in a 10-man) and a list addons that you use, so we know you can see those big colored rings of death appearing below your feet. http://img14.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=wowscrnshot061709191040.jpg

I use quite alot of addons so i'll list the more visible ones: Fubar, AtlasLoot, Omen, Dominoes, Magic Runes, Button Facade, Recount, Buffalo, Grid, Chatter, Bugsack, Mik's Combat Scrolling Text, Cooldown Count, Class Timers, Omniglow, Xloot, etc.

16. You are done unless you have any final comments to help out your application.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2009
  2. Roch The Shaman
    Veteran

Fix jets
    lol link to wrong person in armory? and its an alliance druid -.-

3. The Cox
    Veteran

learn 2 read nub...

He said he had a resto drood.... fool!

lawl jk rochy I love you =D

4. Sakura

there we go, I added the armory link... dunno how I missed it :)

5. Neptuno
    Banned

Watching over 150 nukes sitting in the ground
    well obviously you're still getting there for 25 ulduar, our principle time waster during the week, but you're off to a great start gear-wise

I'd be happy to take you in some groups of 10 man or tier 7 and some of the easier bosses of ulduar if there's room. i'm not sure how other's feel, but i'd probably say the probation starts when that blue chest goes though i know it can be tough to replace that "one piece" on a newer character.

hit me up in game and we'll do an interview and/or maybe a naxx test drive. please note that guild invite is more of a pre-probationary thing until since you won't be really raid ready for late ulduar till you run a few more places.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  6. Neptuno
    Banned

Watching over 150 nukes sitting in the ground
    well, due to lack of followup, im placing this out of the accepted category. should your interest return, we can recheck our recruiting needs then