Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Discussion in 'Creative Writing, Graphics, Movies, etc.' started by Binary, May 24, 2009.

1. Binary
    Veteran

Networking Adminstrator for my Cyber Cafe
    Genre: Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi
    Release: 2009 April
    Rating: 9.4/10

Decepticon forces return to Earth on a mission to take Sam Witwicky prisoner, after the young hero learns the truth about the ancient origins of the Transformers. Joining the mission to protect humankind is Optimus Prime, who forms an alliance with international armies for a second epic battle

Supa nice keke

2. Brownmccoy
    Veteran

the trailers looks highly awesome. Both the links below are HD.

both are fairly similar. I couldn't find the long trailer..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  3. Jeb

brown, those both say "embedding disabled by request" when ya click them :(

4. Erock
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Sales / Hockey
    double click on em and it will load in a new tab

5. mr gifford

optimus prime should NOT have lips. ever.

6. Deadend
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Monkey.
    I'd watch it even if it was shit just because Megan Fox is in it :p :cake1:

7. OrleanKnight

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

Currently, I have no seen the film, so whether or not what I write below is a "spoiler" is really questionable. So, if you really want to look at the film fresh - don't read this entry. If you want a highly researched plot outline that -may- be the course of the film, then by all means continue on and read:

The Plot

Opening of the Film:

Many new transformers enter Earth's atmosphere. The Autobots are not on high alert, as these are Starscream's reinforcemnets from Nemesis; the Decepticon's main battle ship that has been wandering through space with the fragment of their sealed leader - the Fallen. The surge in activity had centered around Shanghai, where a Decepticon informant was sighted relaying infromation to the new moblizing Decepticon forces.

The new Autobots who arrived prior to the film's opening make their debut as they hunt down this infromant, who is to be known as Sideways to rouge Decepticon spy. Tracking him down are three motorcycles who combine to create Arcee, and with her are Sideswipe and the twins Skids and Mudflap. Though they nutrualize the spy, they find themselves too late as a large, new Decepticon who calls himself Demolisher goes on a ramapage through downtown Shanghai.

The Autobots fight hard, but ultimately do not succeed in stopping Demolisher. Meanwhile, Sam Withwicky is at home preparing on going to college as the world wrestles over their strange allience with alien machines. The autobots would very much like Sam to play a larger role in the communication between man and machine, but instead he decides to try and put the past behind him. With the Decepticons down for the count he can leave the world saving to others, and he can get on with his life. But that isn't exactly going to happen. A strange fragment, perhaps from the All-Spark, has fallen into his hands. Because of it he is starting to see visions, symbols, and ultimately the holographic coordinates to something known as the "Harvester" hidden within somewhere on earth.

With the Autobots distracted by the alerts of many Decepticons appearing throughout the world, many other Deceptions who call themselves the Constructicons dive down into the depths of the ocean. Their they find the remains of several out of commision Decepticons; including Megatron, Brawl, and Blackout. They easily revive Blackout, but Megatron's damage is so serious they completely scrap Brawl and merge the two of them together to give Megatron a new body; a Cybertron tank. With Megatron back in action, he once again reignites his hunt for the "Harvester".

Soundwave, who received Barricade's signal as a loyal follower of Megatron, establishes himself as a Satalite in Earth's orbit and releases Insecticons via Meagtron's orders to locate Sam and keep an eye on him considering he was the one who bested him in the previous film. By this time, Sam is having a mental melt down and when Prime returns they have a face off. This is when Prime says "We've kept much from you Sam."

Sam once again, becomes everyone's hot target, because the Insecticons relay that Sam retains the very infromation that Megatron wants so dearly - the location of the "Harvester". Now while Sam and the Autobots are trying to uncover the mystery of the stange markings. The Decepticons know well what these markings stand for. By the middle of the film we should find ourselves in Egypt, when the Decepticons learn of the Harvester's location and prepare for an all out assault to reclaim it and revive the Fallen. Devastator is sent out to do just what his name suggests. He uses his cranes, hooks, and all around might to start breaking apart one of the Pyramids in Egypt. The military and Autobots try their darnestest to stop him, but fail, and the Harvester is revealed to be hidden within the Pyramid.

When the Harvester is uncovered, the Fallen is then reborn. With the Fallen now free, we discover he looks very much like a magma infused super-robo Pharroh who is hell bent on making sure that Harvester works as intended. Likely he wants to destroy the sun, and ensure the All-Spark is once again returned to its original glory by extracting all of the Sun's energy with the Harvester built by his ancient race on Earth. But to do that, he needs to have the pieces of the All-Spark skattered about, including the one Sam has.

So again, more explosions, jets, fireballs, and nifty battle effects. Optimus Prime is known to protect these pieces, and the Fallen orders Megatron to destroy him. Optimus Prime is defeated, and brought to near death and unable to battle the Fallen. So, in order to accquire enough power to match that of the Fallen, Optimus Prime and Jetfire; an old Deception who became an Autobot, combine together to create a form never quite considered -- a merging between Autobot and Decepticon. Weak when apart, but strong when combined, they use their combined might to destroy the Harvester and the Fallen with it.

I'm going to guess they destroy the Harvester by turning the damn thing on using something called the "Matrix of Leadership", and the power it draws from the sun is enough to ultimately destroy the Fallen and give the All-Spark new life. But something probably goes horribly wrong at this point, and something unintended happens as the cliff-hanger-ish hook we should all be going in expecting. The Chain of events which lead to the Fallen's destruction, the last of the Unicronian race, may trigger the birth of Unicron himself. The All-Spark might be the engine which drives a much larger force which may take control of the Nemesis, and use it as the next major threat against earth.

They planned for three films, so I'm Geek-Dar is detected a sort of Pirates of the Carri 2 conclusion to this film.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  8. sid the rat

Ehh, I thought the animated transformers movie was better than the CG one (and wow, if you've seen it... BURN).

I found the action to be unnecessarily.. dynamic.. making it very difficult to easily follow wth was actually going on, the acting sub-par, and the plot was .. wait, there was a plot? lulz Because of this I have zero interest in seeing this movie, the continuation of the "story", even for free. >.>

also, seriously, lips? ... why.......

9. OrleanKnight

Well rat they actually revised the story a great deal since the first film. Since the first film didn't exactly, clearly translate a story at all - there was room to amend. Now Megatron has a different goal than what was commonly believed in the first film. In short, Optimus lied to the humans. Not only does he have lips, he has also chose to with-hold the whole truth of the situation.

10. Xamiazi
    Veteran

Paramedic/Navy SEAL
    he srsly has lips, is it in the trailer?

11. OrleanKnight

12. t0aster

Eh I loved the first one. And will probably pay full price many times again like I did on the first one to see it in the theaters over and over. Plus.. Megan Fox bent over the car in first one.. And now we got her straddling a bike in the second with tight shorts on.. Yes sex sells!

13. s o k a r
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

So its the plot just like most of the other transformer series. The robots are out to find that badass robot that can beat up the other robots.

I'll see it. Don't know about movie theatre but I'll pay.

14. Xamiazi
    Veteran

Paramedic/Navy SEAL
    and your point? awesomeness

15. s o k a r

Thank you for clarifying lol. Was trying to dumb it down for everyone who complains about an action movie not living up to its previews.

16. Xamiazi
    Veteran

Paramedic/Navy SEAL
    lol +1

17. Secksy
    Veteran

I like Optimus with lips. How else would be make out with Bumblebee?

*waits for it*

18. OrleanKnight

According to feedback from the movie's debut in Tokyo, my Plot Outline listed in this thread is pretty much right on the money.

19. Ryld Baenre
    Veteran FPS Member

I imagine it would follow the same general plot as any of the cartoon episodes...or previous movies. Not the hardest thing to predict. It shouldn't be a surprise to many. How they go about it will make it fun.

20. s o k a r

I enjoy seeing robots kick the crap out of things. I just don't like the male actor in the movie. His name escapes me atm. I'll see it but I will rent it.