Titanfall

Discussion in 'FPS Public Chat' started by XSV, Mar 9, 2014.

1. XSV
    Veteran

Anything thinking of picking up Titanfall this Tuesday? Played the beta and I can say its above avg. in terms of Fps Competitive.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  2. Rumor
    Veteran Star Citizen Member

Head Swim Instructor/Aquatic Director
    I played the beta and I'm not a fan. They have flawless movement. Best I've seen yet, but the minions/specters as well as the titans themselves are boring and NOT conductive of actual competitive gameplay imo.

3. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I purchased the game, installed it, didn't have time to play it yet :( tonight i'll try !

We could get something going tho as it's only 6 on 6.

-> Haibane on origin.

4. Doc
    Veteran

Industrial Engineer
    I'd give it a 5/10.

It's got a lot of that "Oh we've got the same gun and I shot first, but somehow I die" going on.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  5. Total_Overkill
    Veteran Crowfall Member

We in the biz call those "Headshots" ;-p

6. r3xj
    Member Star Citizen Member

Welp, I bit the bullet and got it at my friend's behest. r3xj on Origin if you want to team up.

7. Gauron

M.O.D supplier
    Have to say the games a let down. It looks nice and all but it doesn't feel anything special.
    I mean come on its 50GB!!!
    I was expecting massive changes in the scenery, walls you could blow up massive space ship engines you could turn on to destroy an unlucky Titan, at least barrels you could blow up. What do we get zip nada. I mean what what about the game is taking up all that space on my hard drive??

It has to be the bots. The useless, free kill bots. Padding the game with bots was a waste of time and space. The bot are.... well bots. They stand there and wait to be killed. From time to time they will shoot but it take them about 5 min to do that if there not stud still shooting at the opposite teams bots. No lie I watched two bot ether side of a rock shooting at each other for at least 3 min until a player killed one. Best part what's when I passed that point again the bots were back at it. The AI needs a heck of a lot of work. It's early days they might get it sorted.
    They should of spent there time working out how to get more people into the maps and not worrying about how the flower look.

Over all I have to give the game 3/10.
    It didn't deliver what amazing experience and urge to come back and play as BF does.

8. Rookie

IT Consultant
    The install file is that size because the audio files are uncompressed. Nothing more, nothing less.

9. s o k a r
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

The only reason anyone needs to have those audio files uncompressed is because they are playing on a commadore 64 and shouldn't be playing FPS games in the first place...

10. Ronin
    Veteran FPS Member

I happen to like my commadore 64 so suck it.

11. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Didn't play much as dark souls 2 takes 100% of my current playtime but i must say i enjoy BF4 much more, despite its crap netcode.

They could have put unreal quality bots in the game at least... Still TF ain't a bad game, it just ain't mindblowing at all and doesn't deserve half the hype it got.

But, hey, it was supposed to be the game that justified buying a Xbone piece of crap !

12. Rubius
    Veteran Xenforcer

Software Engineer
    Yes. I heard the audio files are 35GB in total. Quite bizarre. Maybe it's to discourage pirating the game? I dunno. Regardless, it's stupid. I'll never play a multiplayer FPS with bots.

13. Saffaya
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

I happen to quite enjoy playing CTF in original UT with bots and Oculus Rift while waiting for my online games to update :D

14. senekz

I gonna say what i said in the first time i saw a video of this game.

Real nice graphics, but there is only infantry and mech gameplay, there is no other thing to do. Is like play planetside 2 with engineer and light assault only with one tank.

And have bots in multiplayer games too... so, i like the graphics only :)

15. Gruune
    Veteran

There seems to me known issues with latency and hitbox locations .... it is completey frustrating I agree

and not is not headshots ... search some of the videos out there showing a pilot taking 3 40mm shells to the face and then dying 5seconds later

16. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Consoles ruined the FPS genre... Devs screwed up their code to be able to port their games on platforms that are not meant to do so.

Aslo, what happened to my sig :(