Titan to be shown at blizzcon 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming Game Chatter' started by doctorie, Apr 3, 2013.

1. doctorie
    Veteran

volunteer worker for alchoholics anon
    also they will show a teaser for Titan..blizzards new mmo

Project Titan is based on Earth's history and implements all sorts of time travel to make this happen. Still, the universe does have magic and will reportedly rely on mythology from greek, roman and viking history as a part of that. Whether that means players will travel back to alternate takes on history or any other implications on gameplay... who knows. Several established writers are helping with the story, but the only name mentioned is Blizzard book writer Richard Knaak.

Again, not too many rich details on Titan's gameplay. The title will be third person, but will apparently have a number of first person "events" which could be similar to the cinematics Blizzard did in Mists of Pandaria. Combat will have tab targeting, which seems to imply more typical combat as opposed the popular real-time combat systems in recent MMOs. Combat is also being designed with eSports in mind -- keep in mind this doesn't mean "balanced" around eSports. It could just mean they want to have a PvP system more conducive to leaderboards, matchmaking, online streaming or sharing of matches -- things to encourage spectating.

That the gist of the game itself. There's also a few extraneous details that are likely to stir up some fan backlash. Jay Wilson, previous lead on Diablo 3, is apparently on Project Titan now. Also, the game will not be released until at least late 2014 -- perhaps longer. Friends and family alpha won't even start til Q1 2014. The team already has 150 developers and is still hiring.

Oh, and the first official teaser for the game will be shown at Blizzcon 2013.

2. Doxy
    Veteran Camelot Unchained Member

Let the era of "Titan Killer" MMOs begin!

3. s o k a r
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

I don't think them name dropping someone from Diablo 3 helps the games rep lol.

4. Vangelis
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Mr. Mom
    THIS!

5. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Meh. By the time the D3 releases on consoles, it will be done its PC beta test basically which means the whole idea was to focus it towards console gamers in the first point since they are a larger market. Maybe if they added a couple maps, some more chapters, and 3-4 classes I might buy it but milking next gen consoles with the same fail title is just sad even for Blizzard's standard.

6. TwilightAngel
    Veteran Chronicles of Elyria Member

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
    So is this WoW 2 ?

7. Doc
    Veteran

Industrial Engineer
    Lost me at tab targeting.

8. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Name me an mmo that was successful that isn't. Aion and Archage dominate korea while WoW murders everything here. After GW2 I imagine most people can notice how sloppy a game looks and feels when well done targetting isn't there. Tera which has hsd the best implementation sacificed a lot of combat complexity to get there.

9. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

this, although the idea of time travel sounds neat I am not sure how they would pull it off.

TBH I really wish they finished work on the Marvel Universe MMORPG they were supposed to do. I have been wanting another hero RPG for a while now. Ever since CoH nothing has come close to taking its spot.

10. Doc
    Veteran

Industrial Engineer
    I don't have to name anything to know that I don't want to keep playing the same rehashed bullshit re-skinned MMO with a new IP. I'm currently playing Scarlet Blade and it uses a tab target system, but keep in mind it's also f2p. I like the game, but if it had a different combat system it would be better. And I don't give a shit about what's big in korea as if that's some measure of what's a good game.

WH: DMO as a third person shooter MMO would have dominated the market.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  11. Meemo

GW2 has tab targeting.

12. Kazzier
    Veteran

I still have some high hopes for Darkfall 2. Its launching properly April 16th.

I must admit however that I haven't had chance to test out the beta. As far as I am concerned, Darkfall 1, although very buggy and rough as hell, kicked the shit out of most MMO's as far as potential goes.

13. Doc
    Veteran

Industrial Engineer
    I've been playing it in beta and it's exceptional (No tab targeting OMG). The problem being I don't see it as a XoO game and thus I probably wont be playing it because I don't want to play with another group/guild and it absolutely requires team play.

14. doctorie
    Veteran

They’re intending to include many Warcraft elements into Titan’s world. Mostly Easter Eggs, but can also extend to entire characters being ported into the new game, one way or another.

15. Utherix

You're in the beta for Titan? 0.o

16. doctorie
    Veteran

i think Doc was referring to Kazzs post

17. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I want a MMO on FASA universe :( Shadowrun & Earthdawn would be so good...

Edit : Wait, they did a darkFAIL 2 ? Seriously ? Damn... Hell... Soon we'll hear about a dark & light II, someone divided by 0 and the universe will collapse

18. Doc
    Veteran

Industrial Engineer
    Clearly.

19. Utherix

Clearly you should have used quotes if you weren't even talking about the topic of the thread.

Forum etiquette 101

20. Doc
    Veteran

Industrial Engineer
    It was written under the post and anyone who read the thread completely in chronological order would have a clear understanding of the discussion progression (doctorie being a member of this club). Quotes are used mostly to reply to a post before someone else has posted to bring their topic back to the forefront of the discussion. Hence why you don't quote in every post that you make. The reason that you will understand this post is directed toward you and not another post in this thread without the unnecessary need of quoting your previous post. You quoting my "Clearly.", also being completely unnecessary. All of this irrelevant if you read threads backwards in which case who the fuck reads threads backwards.

Common Sense 101

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013