The Darwin Project

Discussion in 'Upcoming Game Chatter' started by SaintOfMirren, Nov 13, 2017.

1. SaintOfMirren
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shit this game was fun!!!

3rd person PvP game, straight PvP. This last weekend was their first closed alpha test and I was lucky enough to get an invite to. I think next month they'll be doing another closed alpha test. The game itself runs smooth even when they haven't optimized it fully yet and servers are stable. So before everyone cringes at the "alpha" keyword it's more stable than many games are at launch.

This game features survival (player vs eco) and 3rd person combat (pvp) at the same time.

There are also additional features like a game director who can act basically as an announcer following people around in game and interviewing the player during game play. This is something that streamers could build a channel off of. They can become their own shoutcaster for matches and create entertainment!

Anyway, currently it's in 10v10 battle all out brawl for the top winner. Eventually they will have ELO ranked matches and I imagine team modes. If there are any players out there that love PvP competitive games now is the time to get in and start practicing as a team. Later when those options pop up who knows, Xen could lead the charge in ranked matches!

http://www.scavengers.ca/

for a chance at the next closed alpha sign up to their newsletter, that's how I got in. Also this last test signaled the lifting over their NDA so videos and streams are out now. Every Thursday are playtest days (alpha key grants you access to those also) so look for streamers and new video coming out each week!

2. Eumaeos Romanus
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I was skeptical when I saw the cartoony-looking open for the trailer, but the gameplay footage looks kind of bad-ass.

Looks like Hunger Games meets Man Vs. Wild. How long are the typical matches? 5-10 min or so?

3. XStunnaX
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Supervisor TWC NOC
    Round can be like 10 mins to 20, just comes down to the other people you group with. Some people hide the whole game while others go agro and look for kills.