Randall Wolfcry

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Randall Wolfcry, Jul 25, 2009.

1. 1. Age (18+ Requirement): 22

2. Name (Forum & IGN): Randall Wolfcry :: IGN: (undecided first name based on gender of char) + Wolfcry // "Sister of Divinity" if I make a Priest

3. Class: Interested in: Priest (Leaning towards Cleric) / Scout (Leaning towards Ranger)

4. Do you have vent and a mic?: Yes indeed.

5. Previous gaming experience: Guild Wars: 3+ years. Spent the first 2 years playing barely anything except Monk.

6. Why did you chose XoO: I was referred by Kyoji on Aionsource.com and, from their activities in Guild Wars, I recognized the XoO name and know XoO to be a reputable guild.

7. Do you have a referal?: Kyoji on Aionsource.com

8. A little bit about yourself:
    I'm a college student in Oregon pursuing majors in Linguistics and Japanese. I do well in school but I really just don't have that serious student attitude. :p

I've been hooked on computer games ever since Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition :D and I entered the MMO (-ish) world when my cousin introduced me to Guild Wars. I've tried/trialed some other MMOs and there were a lot of nice things about them but I just didn't feel that special (love?) connection with them, especially since I had fallen madly in love with Guild Wars since the beginning, and would still be madly in love with it if the (my) community was still alive.

MMOs I've tried: EVE, Lineage 2, Silkroad, WoW
    I won't expound on these here, if you want me to, just ask.

I guess I should talk about my thoughts about play-style or what-not. Basically I'm pretty open to doing anything. I've spent long periods of time before just farming my ass off all day and then turned around a day later and started PvPing exclusively for another big length of time. Usually if someone suggests "Hey, everyone, let's go do X,Y or Z!", I like to come along and be able to work with the group to reach some goal (whether it be a fruitful endeavor or just experimental fun), or just sit in vent and talk about stupid pointless shit. I like to participate in the community and sort-of have a blurred distinction between the community enjoying the game, and myself enjoying the game. (I guess this kind of community mindset makes me an honorary Asian or something... o_O)

I often like to explore the boundaries/possibilities of the games I play. I've often been found trying out experimental skill sets in my downtime, or trying to figure out how I could solo a mission/instance that no one has ever soloed before. If I don't succeed, I still feel good knowing I put conventional knowledge/assumptions to the test and confirmed them for myself. I get a lot of pleasure from trying to think beyond the realm of traditional convention like that.

Well then, I think I'll call it good here. If you feel compelled to make any further inquiries, just inquire away. Thanks for reading!

2. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

3. Oh, so sorry. I overlooked that. Done.

4. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

5. Thanks :) I'll start scootin' around the forums.