Olindo Paladin Prot

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Olindo, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Olindo

Character Name, Class, and Main Spec: Olindo, Paladin, Prot
    Applying for position: Raider or Friend. Raider
    Armory Link:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&n=Olindo

1. Talent Spec (List any dual specs or explain situational talent picks): I am main spec prot and off spec retribution. The only situational picks i have in my main spec is that i chose to get 3% healing over DS...Once 3.2 comes out I will be getting DS. I am not going to change until paladins get the reset for 3.2. My Ret spec is all messed up because i wanted to do ok dps and be able to have a few key pvp talents. I will also be changing this spec to a more viable pve spec. I have a priest for pvp now :p

2. Professions and how they help your raid performance:
    I have mining and enchanting. Mining is actually a substantial HP gain especially for paladins. And enchanting is possible 8 stamina lower then the optimal spec, but its also getting buffed in 3.2. They are based around hit points and thus adding to my survivability. Also it saves me money to have my own enchanting.
    3. Time played in WoW and PvE achievements/accomplishments:
    I've played 43 days on this character. I have only been playing this game for 1 year. I have champion of hte frozen wastes and a few hard modes in ulduar done. In particular 10m FL tower x4, hodir, xt, and thorim. Side note, I played EQ for 11 years lol. Maybe 10, but the last 7 years of that I was in hardcore high end raiding guilds.
    4. PvP influences and impact on raiding:
    I believe that everyone should PVP a small bit before raiding. It allows you to develop some faster reflexes. I enjoy pvp from time to time, but enjoy it much more on my priest. Other than reflexes and knowing what else is going on it also helps to develop at least some key bindings and their uses.

5. Age (18 is required with limited exceptions): 24

6. Location and living arrangement (wife, children, dorm, etc): I am in college with a roomie who also plays wow. I am in Illinois so CST.

7. Occupation outside of WoW and any scheduling issues it creates: Ok heres a small disclaimer that i want to be honest about. For the next two weeks I have a semi sporadic schedule before i go back to school. Once at school I have classes, I believe one class would cause me to be late on one day, but not very much if at all. I also do have a job at school but its a delivery job so i can choose my own schedule...and can easily work after raids. So I would be able to make it to 3/4 raid days regularly and 4/4 is still a definite possibility. The next two weeks will be sketchy but 2/4 would be doable I believe.

8. Your old/current guild and why you are leaving them (Include old guild's name or we could think you've joined them and dismiss your app): I am in WAR at the moment. If you didn't know Blackout joined with WAR, which in turn screwed a lot of blackout members imo. I havn't really been given any chance to prove myself as a tank or even earn a spot...they are pretty much spoken for and there is no leeway it seems. I am leaving in hopes i have the chance to raid elsewhere.

9. How did you hear about Xen; list any references within the guild:
    I have done many raids randomly with Warrain. He came to a few of my old 10m ulduar runs where he was impressive as hell. Then on friday I raided with Alhoon, Dysko, Asuraka, Azric, Kamek(sp) and it was a blast downing hardmodes. It was a semi learning experience on some of the fights i didn't know on hardmode 100% well, and they were patient with me and nice. We also succeeded, which is always nice.

10. List consumables you carry to raid to include food when a fish feast isn't provided: Stoneblood, and stam food.

11. What conflicts do you have with our raid schedule listed above?
    Refer to the work schedule part. I will also add that I do have a GF, so if i am spending 4 days on wow those other days will be minimal WoW times lol. But she isn't too anti wow that I won't be able to make

12. Submit a damage/healing meter or WWS link. (If one is not available, explain why): Im a tank and don't really use WWS.

13. Provide a UI screenshot inside a raid (If one is not available, explain why):
    I don't have any saved screenshots and like I said earlier I havn't been able to raid with WAR so no time to get one. I wll explain briefly what I have up. My computer is pretty sweet so I just leave my addons on and don't lose any performance. I have the general WOW UI with all bars up. I have Grid in the top left corner. I have omen and recount in the bottom right corner. I play in windowed mode because I hate full screen. So wow ui plus grid omen and recount. I also have DBM running always, but that only pops up on my UI when I need to know shit.
    14. Final comments you feel could help your application:
    I just want to add I do have a priest named Geneparm who I am building up a shadow set, I enjoy disc healing and I have a fairly good disc set already but i'd rather dps. I do also pvp on Geneparm. So I do spend the off time on both Olindo and Geneparm.

I have vent and a mic and headphones.

2. Neptuno
    Banned

Watching over 150 nukes sitting in the ground
    Well, I tend to be the most specific on classes I know...

Questionable gemming and the level 70 trinket jump out. 545 defense with a 16 defense gem. im not partial to stam stacking the way you have, but you are about the 7% hit mark and 26 expertise with SoC on, so thats around where you need.
    the chest enchant of hp doesn't scale or provide the int, str, agi that a stats one does, and the cloak enchant crossed vs a 16 defense gem is odd.

obviously you can't be best in slot without seeing more content downed, but we are at low recruiting demand for tanks as we just gained 2 in the last few weeks. thus, the gear and choices you have on there don't stand you above to the point were bloating the roster of tanks even more would work. also, you have a ret libram equipped. i'd recommend using an equipment manager to prevent that.

depending on your ret capabilities, a DS "raid wall" is always nice to have in supply, but im afraid even then it would be difficult to have a raid spot waiting for you.

3. Olindo

Ahhh those are all valid questions and concerns with good answers. I currently am weakest im my trinket spot. I have heros surrender from naxx 25m which is a great avoidance sheild, but low on defense. I was gemming for defense so I could drop my defense rating trinket and put in something more useful. I have the option of Rune of Repulsion or that minor stam trinket. I chose the 600hp or whatever over the .7% parry. I also got a defense enchant put onto my sheild in order to wear two pieces of frost resist gear for hodir hardmode over the weekend.

I will log out in my best gear tonight and make sure my libram is the correct one (obstruction).

I'd also like to say I am far from a stam stacker. I have almost 28% unbuffed dodge and 20%parry. I feel I am weakest at the stam/hp position so I gem more for that. I can change that 16 defense gem now, but before the weekend and some various changes it had put me slightly below 540 and was needed. Also in my opinion 275hp is greater than 110hp and .1%dodge/crit (roughly equivalent of the +10 stats for me.)

4. Neptuno
    Banned

decent enough explaining, but stam stacking IS taking 24 stam gems at the expense of a +stam socket bonus and taking the 120hp (275hp only provides 120 extra after talents and kings are applied) from the chest enchant at the expense of threat generation, avoidance, and block value, albeit a minor amount.

for the level of progression we are at, a 10 man tank wouldn't be a bad thing, but we have a warrior, pally, dk, and druid tank with near best in slot gear and multiple dual spec OT's that also have better gear than you for 25 man. as stated in our application topic:

you have a good toon with good gear... but you are not "very qualified" for tanking 25 man hard mode encounters at this point. i've run things with you in the past, and you did a good enough job. but unless our roster changes drastically and we take our need above Low, we don't have room for you in our 25 man raids and our expectations of 3.2 10 man structuring are unknown at this time.

5. The Cox
    Veteran

He was one of our tanks for our 10 man hard mode group this past week.

6. Neptuno
    Banned

and? if he wants to come in at friend rank to do 10 mans, then we can look at it again. otherwise, he's going to be in the same spot as he is in WAR...