New Additions!

Discussion in 'News - Front Page Posts' started by Kyoji, May 22, 2010.

1. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

Well first off there have been many new additions some of you may of seen within the forums themselves. These include a new layout and new usergroup icons.

Forum Usergroup Icons
    Information for the usergroup Icons for the forums can be found here, as well as any problem solving you may require to get your tag to show properly.

The icons are replacing the old text-based usergroup information previously used. This means instead of Forum Member by your name you will now see a Member image and likewise for other usergroups (Moderator, Xenate, Admin, Founder, CO, XO, Officer, etc).

We also have a new Recruit icon and Veteran icon. The recruit icon will be given to anyone with at least 1 post and will be kept until they have passed the 30 day trial period after which they will become a full fledged member automatically. The veteran tag will be automatically given to anyone in XoO who has been with us for 3 or more years. This is not going to include the time prior to the forum reset at this time.

New Layout!
    A new layout has been born and it is in tribute to the old Planetside days sporting a cool dark teal and blue theme. The Orange Kyoji1 theme will still be around so you now just have an extra option for layout choice. The new theme is darker, but should not effect most colors used in transition to the new theme. This means if you use a custom color in Kyoji1 it will show up fine in the DarkTeal theme.

Look around for some of the new forum changes and additions and see what you can find. Not everything was changed and there are still a few minor tweaks required, however, overall it is quite complete.

[​IMG]

If you find any problems, missing icons, etc please PM me and it will be resolved!

TeamSpeak 3
    Furthermore, XoO has finally completed it's transfer over to a new and improved TeamSpeak 3 server using Windows instead of Linux for added stability. In the new TS3 the group tag icons are as polished as ever.

The new TS3 server offers the highest quality codecs over ventrilo and other competitive software as well as increased functionality and cool new images beside your name! :cool:

TS3 Information can now be found here with information on all of the icons you see beside people's names!

A lot of small additions have been added as well as some big ones so keep a close eye on the Members Section in the forums for updates and any other additions.

EDIT: Also, I plan on putting up a complete list of "Things you should know" stickied in the members area where you will be able to find TS3 info, how to request awards, what the images all stand for, how to become a veteran, how to become a leader, etc.

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. The Cox
    Veteran

Looking good Kyoji.. Nice work buddy..

3. GunGraver

Omg! Is that Blue and Cyan? My favorite colors! About time :p

4. The Cox
    Veteran

Damn.. Just switched to the new layout.. Definitely loving it... very very nice....

5. dash

Me too, looks great!!
    GFJ Kyoji!

6. Vhex

That layout is sooo great looks like I finally have to change. I have never played planetside but it's too cool to pass up. GJ Kyjoi your a good cook and your art talented pretty impressive.

7. Areli
    Veteran

Govt.
    very nice job Kyoji!

8. Kyoji

Also, I am aware of missing icons on the main page, they will all be fixed shortly. thanks for your patience! =)

9. Xamiazi
    Veteran

Paramedic/Navy SEAL
    This is great, really appreciate it!

10. Reinier
    Veteran

wow sweet looking skin

11. ViciousDS

whoah.....holy shit sticking to dark teal fucking bad ass!!

12. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    Thanks Keej, and also to all the overall leaders for making XoO such a great home.

13. dash

We're still working out some bugs with the new theme, But I think we may set it to our default after we do because it is pretty sweet.

14. Saffaya
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

What about forum back-up policies ?

Do we have a real one or are we still liable to lose everything we posted since last time ?

15. GunGraver

The only thing that seems to be a little wrong is that the color between new post and no new posts on the Xen buttons is barely differently .________________.

16. Kyoji

Back-ups are done routinely. Each layout can be put up on an either/or basis. If some of you wan't one over the other it will not effect the forum databases or posts/threads.

Also, we lost the information last time due to hacking, we just happened to put up a new theme shortly thereafter. =)

I fixed the buttons on the main page, in PM's, and edited the little blue icons [​IMG] vs [​IMG] on threads as well as the folder icons that were missing.

If there is anything else feel free to let me know.

Glad you guys like the new layout.

Also, the DarkTeal layoutis now the default layout.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  17. Kazzier
    Veteran

Great work guys. I am really really enjoying the feel of this <3

18. Saffaya

Yes, I didn't mean to imply the layout change had anything to do with losing the forum.

One of my personal rules on computing is that if you accomplish something that you don't want to have to redo, promptly make a back-up of it.
    I just took the occasion to ask about that subject.
    For example, I did some back-ups of threads in the RF section that I really would mind losing.

What is needed is to archive back-ups regularly so to be able to revert back to one that wasn't hacked, even if that means going back several month before the discovery.

19. Saffaya

The color scheme reminds me of the XoO logo Rubius used in his RF videos.

20. Deadend
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Monkey.
    Nice job.