Black Desert Mudgeon's Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Mudgeon, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Mudgeon

Are you over 18?:
    Yes
    Do you have TeamSpeak 3 and a working microphone?:
    Yes
    What previous gaming experience do you have?:
    I have been playing MMOs since EQ in the late 90's, I was admittedly basically the kid mascot for a guild called Draconis Mortis back then on Mithaniel Marr. But I went on to raid with Skybreaker and Iron on Carbuncle in FFXI and eventually with several top 100 US guilds in WoW Premonition of Windrunner and Voracity of Anvilmar being the most consistent. My last serious raiding experience was in FF14 during ARR where I cleared all content up to including SCOB3 Savage.

As you can see I am mostly a PVE player, but I have played quite a bit of large scale PVP in games like GW2 and long ago Shadowbane.
    What is your time zone?:
    EST
    What times are you regularly able to play?:
    Generally I will be on early in the mornings and after work, 8-11 or so and most weekends. However for scheduled events I can always make time into my schedule. It is sometimes just difficult for me to always be logged in unless I know something is planned. However I still manage to play 10-15 hours during the week and several hours more on the weekend.
    Do you have a member referral?:
    No, but I love you all anyway.
    Do you prefer PvE or PvP and why?:
    I generally play more PVE than PVP, its not really about a preference but more that the games I have gravitated to in the past were more PVE focused. WoW had ok PvP but since the initial game wasn't really designed around it balance was bad. I found PVP in Guild Wars 2 much more enjoyable, but that was a game designed with pvp as its target end game.

Still I am looking forward to both aspects of Black Desert. It seems like it has been well designed for both.
    Where did you hear about us?:
    I was browsing the guilds on Orwen and found your site.
    Why do you want to join Xen of Onslaught?:
    I have been checking out your website and it seems like you guys are a well organized guild. Since I have been out of the MMO scene since Heavensward launched in FF14 I have been looking for a larger guild to play with in BDO and future games. So many other large gaming organizations jump from game to game without ever putting down roots. But for me I generally play a new MMO for at least a year before moving on, if it strikes my fancy. The fact that your front page was an update post from your WoW guild was immensely heartening to me.

So long story short, I want to join XoO because it appears that you are a well maintained guild that actually continues to support its chapters where interests remains. Rather than just carting everyone off to the next launch.
    What is your in-game name?:
    Character name: Mudgeon FamilyName: Vonsmiten

2. Jes
    Veteran Crowfall Member

@Mudgeon thanks for applying, ill PM you our TS info hop on and ask for Jes, Whammy, Darktide, or Thygar for an interview

3. DARKTIDE!!
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught CO

Bomb Dropper
    Are you still interested?? Looking to hear something back by 3/13.

Thanks!

4. DARKTIDE!!
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught CO

Bomb Dropper
    No response, please reapply if still interested.