Mouses

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by haibane, Feb 18, 2014.

1. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Yo,

My razer naga died tragically yesterday in an ape shit moment of angryness to a bitchy (wrong week) wife piling on top of crap ass BF4 netcode getting me one shot 20 times in a row... This also left some toll on my planet ocean bracelet which is currently being polished :(

I've then decided to change mouse and go away from Razer as i kinda feel their products are crap quality (even tho the naga lived quite some years and my tarantula did too).

After a few quick reads and considering that i CANT play any FPS with my Evoluent vertical mouse, i've decided of the following :

Logitech G602 :
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...TCH&Description=logitech+G602&N=-1&isNodeId=1

and (for FPS, dedicated), the corsair M65 :
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816010

Anyone using either of these mouses ?

I saw the logitech G600 and G700 as well but the 700 hadn't really good reviews and the 600 seems less durable than the 602 (has more buttons tho), if anyone's using those as well i'd gladly take reviews :)

2. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

I havent used either of those unfortunately. I have had a lot of Razer products die on me though so I dont buy them anymore either. My FPS mouse is a Logitech G400s, which I bought because it has such perfect tracking capability. My MMO mouse is still a Razer Naga, which already broke and was replaced. The mouse developed a tracking issue that made it impossible to use. If the mouse breaks again and it is out of warranty then I will probably move to a Logitech G600 beause my sister has one and it works very well for MMOs with all the buttons right there, and is quite similar to the Naga

3. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    Corsair maybe? Haven't tried then. Logitech is very good. I have all Razer products and love them so far.

4. Rbstr
    Veteran

I wouldn't get a wireless mouse that needs batteries just for the inconvenience factor.

I've been a fan of the MX500/G5 ect. (the current product is the G400s http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g400s-optical-gaming-mouse )shape and build forever. I've had 3 over about 10 years, but one of those was a victim of an unfortunate moving accident. Never really found it to be lacking buttons with just the two on the thumb and I'm also not a rage-smasher so YMMV.

5. Dag
    Veteran

I use the LTech G500s and it's the shit

6. Xayton
    Veteran FPS Member

Retail
    I have never been a fan of Logitech's mouse shape so I have always been a Razer fan. I used my Mamba for 6 years before I finally replaced it with more or les the same mouse the Deathadder. But since you don't want a Razer mouse. I have heard extremely good things about Mionix and Roccat lately.

7. Dag
    Veteran

I've heard LTech is better for people with big hands, and I have a 8.5" handspan so I guess that's why they work for me.

8. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

The MX laser was the most comfy mouse i ever had but i kinda need the buttons for mmos and all :s

I think i also got some archaic version of the G400 hiding somewhere. Hmm or i had it and my wife broke it few years ago.

9. Noollab
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Programmer
    I switched from Razer Naga to the Logitech G600 about a year ago, and I do NOT regret it.
    Razer peripherals always break for me, so I gave up on them.
    I've never had a logitech product die on me, except for my oooold ass G518, which lasted a crazy long time.

My recommendation is in for the G600, and I don't get why anybody would say it's not durable.
    I can't be without the 12 buttons on the side, now that I've had them for so long. And their positions on the G600 are much more comfortable than the Razer Naga.

The "pinky button" is kind of a cool feature as well, if you bother using it (which I don't).
    The ONLY downside I've found from going from Razer to Logitech is that the Logitech Gaming Software doesn't support the use of F13-F24 keys like Razer did, which is a huge shame.

10. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Haha that pinky button is killer, one must look so precious when using it :)

I've launched my purchase for the 602 on NCIX, just waiting for the beast now :)

11. Ryld Baenre
    Veteran FPS Member

Logitech G400s is the best mouse for FPS play you will find. It has no acceleration and the shape we know and love. Seriously consider it if you want to kick ass and take names in the FPS world. Logitech has the best customer service.

Just to add, it appears as though the 602 has no acceleration however the wireless is a strike against it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  12. imb0r3d
    Veteran

Insurance
    Funny - I was just starting to think about getting a new mouse. I'm liking what this one has to offer but I'm still searching:
    Corsair Vengeance M95

13. VakarisJ
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I'd get a wireless mouse, I find the tail very annoying -- impedes fine aim, tends to snap, thrashes around on the desk. The batteries part can be mended completely by getting 2 sets of accumulators and a charger. Some mice deplete the batteries within a week, but most Logitech mice make them last for a few months.

Just an FYI: all Logitech mice come with auto-installing SetPoint. It's a software that allows you to customize the mouse, including what each button does, mouse acceleration and sensitivity. I use low acceleration and I prefer it to none or anything higher then low, simply because it allows me to make fine adjustments by slowly moving the mouse or flick it for a near-perfect 180. In addition, because of it, I only use 7x15cm of my mousepad, meaning I never have to readjust my hand.

14. doctorie
    Veteran

volunteer worker for alchoholics anon
    take me back to 1996

[​IMG]

15. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

My problem with wireless is that it adds additional lag time which I try to avoid as much as possible. You also have to be careful as to which wireless mouse you buy, low end mice or even high end wireless mice made for office work will shut off after 3-4 seconds to save battery and then have a much too long lag as they turn back on which can kill you shot. It makes sniping with those types of mice near impossible. Thankfully higher end wireless gaming mice dont suffer that problem, but they still do add another 10-20ms of lag time.

16. Ryld Baenre
    Veteran FPS Member

Many (All?) of the laser sensors on the market have built in acceleration that you can't shut off, even if you have the setting off in setpoint. If you want consistent movement every time, there are no two ways about it, acceleration is bad. To develop good reflexes and a feel for how the mouse will behave you need 1:1 movement with every movement. Not some silly curve that changes the distance you move based on acceleration.

17. Dag
    Veteran

I installed a thing that messed with my registry and manually disabled acceleration so if that's a problem I can probably find where I got the file.

18. Ryld Baenre
    Veteran FPS Member

That would be for the built in windows acceleration. It won't help with hardware acceleration in mouse sensors.

19. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

I am going to drop in here and say this is utter bullshit. There was a survey done of the settings of professional CS:GO players and what devices/settings that they played at. And the general consensus between all of the players was 'Whatever they were used to' growing up. Low-res, widescreen, mouse acceleration, etc isn't a huge factor in deciding player skill. Some of the BEST players in the world play with mouse acceleration.

It all comes down to preference.

Edit: On top of this we have been playing FPS with mouse acceleration since Quake. The best players still use it in that game.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  20. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Well i got both the Corsair M65 and the logitech 602 now, i ust the logi for MMO and i tried the M65 for BF4 yesterday.

They are both optical mouse, so no accel. Very accurate (the M65 even more), both have big and around the same shape, nice built quality.

The logitech buttons on the side aren't as easy to use as the naga's 12 buttons (and u only got 6), the 2 buttons next to the left clic are useless to me, i think they should've put those 2 buttons on the right side of the mouse. Other than that the mouse has extremely quick response, even tho it's wireless.

For the M65, it's perfect for FPS, i love its shape, the buttons are nicely placed (2 on the side and 2 on top that i don't use), the snipe button is really cool too as it gives u super precision at long range (used it a couple times with the LMG). The build quality is phenomenal, especially the sole.

I have a 400s that's lying around, i don't really like its shape, wife uses it on her laptop.

For me, the best mouse shape is, by far far far, the logitech MX revolution shape (to not mix with MX 518). It's the only mouse that follows the exact natural shape of ur wrist. It's too bad they didn't build a gaming mouse version on that chassis.

So now i got 3 mouses plugged on the PC, wife freaks out lol. The 3rd one is the evoluent vertical mouse that i use to rest my wrist with day to day activites.