Mortal Kombat

Discussion in 'Upcoming Game Chatter' started by Terand, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Terand

You own a gaming console besides your PC boss?

2. Terand

Here is an April Fools Trailer for the new MK.

3. ReyVagabond
    Veteran

1º I hate DLC. I feel it takes away from the game more that it adds.
    Because now days DLC, are used from day 1. And is some times a big part of the game.
    SF4 knew that a DLC character is way too much content to be a DLC.

I prefer they do a Follow up game a Half the Price or something like that. As a full game.

Like SSF4!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  4. Kava
    Veteran

Study
    I barely even remember it but my uncle says we use to play the original and I would just pick Scorpion and do "get over here" over and over and over... haha

5. Terand

More videos. This one is from e3.

6. Kava
    Veteran

Study
    honestly I haven't been this excited for a console game since SKATE and thats saying a lot seeing as I only have 3 games for my xbox.. SKATE, SKATE 2, and SKATE 3.

7. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    You really need to branch out Kava. There are a lot better games for the boxie lol.

8. Kava
    Veteran

Study
    Hah i know, I honestly wouldn't even have xbox if it weren't for SKATE. I'm a comp gamer. But I just might cave in for MK.. maybe my roommate will split the cost with me. :p

9. Terand

Really? I figured you would be a huge RE fan since you look like Albert Wesker. Also, I have Sog on my friends list I need to add you if you are going to get MK.

10. Kava
    Veteran

Study
    mos def.. not sure which account I would do live on but I know I have a free month card around. I totally forgot that we could play online with xbox against other peeps.. thats makes it even better

and I get too scared playing RE and other scary games. makes me all jumpy. lol

11. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    I got a Xbox because I have about 2-3 handful of RL friends that play regularly on it, FPS mainly. I dove in and bought the limited edition MW2 box + game yadda yadda and I love it.

I also love that I can stream Netflix from it and there's a lot of good platformer gamers that on only on XBL.

The Mass Effect series was a selling point until they moved ME2 to PS3, Dragon Age 2 was fun on it, the FPS games I've played on it were fun (and yes I loved playing them on console because it was with friends).

Honestly, the only reason I have a PC right now is because I love MMOs still, and I love building new rigs / messing with hardware.

12. Isurus
    Veteran

Not true at all. We got some top tourney players to come in and test the game, like Check4900, whose MK demo vids you can find on Youtube. We also have some really good testers whose fulltime job it was to test for this stuff. If the bugs, infinites, etc. bother you, then you really should not want to pick up MvC3 or SFIV/SSFIV.

MK has an update system in game that does not require the use of patches, so we can fix the game much more often than Capcom can with their games on XBL and PSN.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  13. Isurus
    Veteran

Extra content for a game you love angers you? Maybe if you don't even like MK, but say you had a game that you could play forever, wouldn't you want more content? Not sure we'll have free DLC at any point, but, hating on more content just seems spiteful.

14. Isurus
    Veteran

SSF4 AE is DLC, not a full game like SSF4. Personally I thought it was dumb what they did with the SSF4 package. I spent $100 on something that should have cost maybe $75.

15. Terand

The new MK is releasing next tuesday folks.

16. ReyVagabond
    Veteran

SSF4 AE, can be abought as a full game, look it up!

And as a DLC for those that have SSF4, and that in my book is pure win!

17. Terand

Well it releases today. I'll be getting it this friday when I get paid.

18. SamHamwich
    Veteran

Not sure if ill buy it, probably rent it though.

19. Terand

Just got the game over the weekend and I am quite impressed. It feels like the old school MK but a reboot. They kept the Krypt was I find pretty cool that I can look at concept art and the old style of fighting is back. None of that 2 styles plus a weapon for each character and a shit ton of characters. The story mode is so-so story wise but you don't have to worry about doing misc challenges and stuff to "level" up your fighter. You play different fighters though out as the story progresses. They have the old style "Test your Might" as a side mini game along with others like Test your Luck and Test your sight. Also, the challenge tower is pretty neat. Fight your way up the tower with different conditions that alter the fighter. If you love the MK series I would buy it, if you are either new (which I doubt) or a bit on the fence I would rent it first.

***EDIT***

Oh, online multiplayer and classic versus is up there too.