WoW Liquephyre's Application

Discussion in 'Accepted and on Probation' started by Liquephyre, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Liquephyre

Philosopher
    What is your name, age, and battle tag?:
    James, 36 y/o, Liquephyre#1260
    Tell us a bit about yourself.:
    I'm a self-employed(gray hat pentester) INFJ. I have 2 dogs, a 110lb American-Rednose who's about 5 1/2y/o and a foster dog who's a 55lb brendal-pitty-mix and ~1 1/2y/o. In my freetime I will often be found either; working on my car ('01 jetta wolfsburg with lots of aftermarket work), at the river with my pups, or at the skatepark (yes, this old man can still shred bmx).
    What is your character's name?:
    Liquephyre
    What class and specialization(s) are you applying as?:
    Mage, Fire>Arcane>Frost
    Have you read what the expectations are for joining us?:
    Yes
    Link your armory page.:
    I transferred a few days ago and it hasn't updated yet =[ -- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Liquephyre/
    Do you have Teamspeak 3 and a working microphone?:
    Yes
    Can you make raid nights on consistent and reliable basis?:
    Yes
    Can your computer handle 20+ raid settings without any problems?:
    Yes
    Can you explain how you get information about your class and theory crafting and / or list any tools or guides you use to optimize your character?:
    Historically, I've enjoyed Icy Veins and similar forums. However, my favorite way to figure something 'new' out is looking at posted logs of fights by higher performing mages to see where the differences lie and fill those gaps.
    Link a recent log of a raid you participated in.:
    N/A
    Provide a link to a picture of your UI while in combat with a raid boss.:
    http://i.imgur.com/LV15MpU.jpg -- Sorry, its WSG but I'm sure you get the idea!
    Recount your previous guilds that you were a core raider in (up to the last 3) and your reasons for leaving?:
    Core Raider, Pandemonium: TBC -- rank 189US. When I had time to be fully competitive.
    Officer, Ominous: TBC -- I forget rank, was working more and it reflected in competitive progression.
    GM, OneShot: Wrath -- Windrunner rank 12th (fairly competitive server).

I left Pandemonium to join a more casual guild to reflect my schedule as it developed. I left Ominous as the guild fell apart going into WotLK. I was recruited by OneShot when I happened to PuG with them and they saw I was guildless at the time. I quickly worked my way through the ranks, gaining trust and respect, to eventually become their GM. I left OneShot as I had been losing interest in WoW and its development path. Which finally culminated during Firelands. I've come back a few times as a tourist; hitting level cap and doing some LFR.
    Summarize your raiding experience.:
    See above. However, it can be summarized by saying -- I have experience within highly competitive environments as well as more casual.
    What are you looking for from XoO, and from a guild in general?:
    I'd like to make some new friends, have some laughs, make some memories and, hopefully, help XoO become server first!
    Do you know anyone in the guild that can vouch for you?:
    I spoke with Kyoshe for a short bit before submitting this application. However, we don't know each other outside of that conversation.
    Any final comments, thoughts, concerns, or bad puns?:
    How long until the world recognizes the greatest mathematicians contributions and name - Fritz Zwicky?

2. Kuulin
    Veteran CO

Gas Engineer
    Accepted with trial period beginning soon.