If you are joining the Alpha

Discussion in 'Camelot Unchained Public Chat' started by DARKTIDE!!, Feb 22, 2015.

1. DARKTIDE!!
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught CO

Bomb Dropper
    Hey guys!

I know some of you will be joining the Alpha with us. I really want you guys to sit back and be Alpha testers. Make note of what is broken, and make not on how you can see it being changed. I really want this game to do well like the old days of EQ1, DAOC, and AC.

If someone was saying do not look for a end all game. Please understand this was my childhood, and this was my baby. I still dick off on DAOC from time to time. If you want a feel of the company, and a good look at what is in store. Feel free to go download the old game for free and play it!

There is alot of mechanics in this game that you have seen in other games. If you guys have played GW2, and the old DAOC, and some EQ this is going to be the game for you! If you know people that was good with combos in GW2, enjoyed the structure and the REAL keep seiges of DAOC, and got a bit of a grind tooth make sure people know about it!

Can't wait to see you all in game, lets party like its 2001!

Darkitde

TheVan likes this.
  2. s o k a r
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

Crap. It has a combo system of GW2?

I won't be in til Beta in august(hopefully august) but good to see people getting things going.

3. DARKTIDE!!

Bomb Dropper
    Kinda sorta, cant disclose much but its best to think of it that way.

Darktide

4. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

What so bad about the combo system? It is only really used to stack might or grant stealth via blast effects nowadays.

5. DARKTIDE!!

Bomb Dropper
    (Waits)

Soon my friends me and Rak will be able to tell all.

Darktide.

6. s o k a r
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

Don't mind me. For some reason I was thinking about the limited skill sets from GW2.

7. DARKTIDE!!

Bomb Dropper
    There may be a limit as of now from what I have experienced.

Just think though of the Combos, one you are building your spells and how you want them to react. Plus if you add in the different types = just about anything you can think of. Within a programmers limit, lets not forget that. I would like to have raging flame hurricanes happening when I mix Air and Fire. Still this game is super early development.

So don't get too hung up on the GW2 combos.

Darktide

8. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Well hopefully Alpha doesn't get delayed again (crosses fingers). Very excited to get into the game with all of you again. Plus I'll finally have a game to log on to the Teamspeak again *tear*, I don't think I have had anything since PS2 left a bad taste in my mouth during beta.

9. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

I may just have to drop $250 to get into the alpha.

10. Aeros
    Veteran

I was thinking of trying to get into minions of mirth. Literally a small game with shitty 3d graphics and a feel of original EQ. It is tough though without a few people to do raiding with though. Game has single player and server executable as well as their own servers. Population is small though never was super big but looks interesting. Free to try to lvl 15 and 1 time purchase unlocks the whole game.

Also highly recommend http://www.project1999.com/. This is hands down the best original Everquest + kunark expansion emulator out there. Very very accurate to real game at release and it has over 1200 people on it during prime times. 1 character per account enforced as well, so those are actual 1200 people and not some 100 people with 10 bots. In a few months they will release velious, wouldn't be too shabby to get a raid group going and leveled in it. I have an account here though lost my high lvl druid account, have some lowbies twinked out.

11. DARKTIDE!!

Bomb Dropper
    Ah project 1999, those cats are pretty cool.

I 100% agree with everything you just said there. Man Kunark was crazy LOIO taking DAYS to run across haha.

That is what I'm hoping for tho, that old feel. Remember when travel took time, and when you went out on a hunt. It was a hunt, I mean seriously! They are even talking about adding back in the meditation book and so on. Where when you create the spell you want to blow, you can scribe it there. Then scribe it to your skills.

Its going to be a blast.

(BTW) on the live servers I quit at a 90 Bard 6k AA points LOL

Darktide.

12. Rakion
    Banned

The melee combat system also has a lot of customization to it when they finish putting all the pieces in together.

13. DARKTIDE!!

Bomb Dropper
    Another great point!

Some of the skills in DAOC, was positional skills that you would only get the benefits of using them, if you where in the current correct position of the chain starting.

If they used this method, like after a block or so on. Combat could get really reaction based and fun at that point.

JFTI, if you look back the highest damaging skill of the Valewalker in Hib land on DAOC was a side chain.

So just putting it all into perspective.

Darktide

14. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

I would be interested to see how they combine action combat and the separate gear checks i.e. the helm protects the head, the chest plate protects the chest, etc. Also, I hope they can figure out a way to balance the soft cap on skills to prevent bots and macro users from the Darkfall problem of leveling skills.

15. DARKTIDE!!

Bomb Dropper
    Bots was one of the downfall of DAOC.

It wasn't like the bots we see now there was no scrips really it was just someone multi-boxing 2-3 accounts (like me) to have a buff bot and a healer bot on my 2nd screen to heal my pet I would use to pull with as an enchanter.

Really hoping this isn't the case, cause the only way you could have high level bots was to level a buff bot (druid, shaman, cleric) with protection trees to the max for the purple buffs.

Man I would have TRUE stealthers with buff bots, one shot one kill was a real thing in those days.

Darktide

16. Daith97
    Veteran Camelot Unchained Member

Corrosion Engineer
    LOL, DAOC fond memories.... yeah I had a buff bot.... dual boxed a lot of DAOC as well. heck at one time I was running 4 accounts at once, 2 on each PC when I was power-leveling toons and grinding for mats. Usually it was 3 accounts, main tank, Thurg Bubble and Cleric to heal.

My main was an Infiltrator on Alb, Nimue, I loved the one shot Perf just as a small group pulled some nasty critters.

I bought into CU at the Founders Warrior Forever level, so it says I have Alpha access.

17. ixium
    Veteran Crowfall Member

The alpha starts today, or tomorrow or whatever depending on the time zone. But is this game worth the 250 for getting into early? I played DAoC a very little bit on my buddies account and remember watching them doing big battles, but other than that I don't know how the skill system worked at all.

I'm also going to be off work from 2nd Mar to 18Mar with an ankle surgery so I have nothing to do but play games and pop pills

18. mushmon
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Would someone lend me their account to try out the alpha some day? Too poor to buy in right now

19. DARKTIDE!!

Bomb Dropper
    Ixium!

Hey buddy, is it worth it? I think so, for everyone who wants to play it to get in on it. There is many features that are going to come out, that needs solid testing people to back it up, and the most important thing of all data. Tons and tons of data.

You want to know their problems, and why they need feedback?

Windows Firewall... almost delayed the Alpha launch just sayin.

They need us, they need solid community to play this game and tell them what to do better. Kinda like Oranthul did for ArchAge.

Just sayin, this game and Kyoji is getting me interested in Crowfall too. Could use alot of Support

DARKTIDE.

20. ixium
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Yeah Crowfall looks really neat, but not expected until 2016.

I think I might just do the alpha access one and play like it is my job for a couple weeks while I am broken. How is their hack detection and all that? Or have they even had to deal with it?

Nothing bugs me more than that stuff.