How bout that Ukraine?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by PersonalRiot, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Incoming Russians.

2. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

Red Alert 2 is one of ym favorite RTS games of all time. I must have sunk about 200 hours into it when I was younger.

3. senekz

Best game music ever :)

4. doctorie
    Veteran

volunteer worker for alchoholics anon
    the Russians are coming!! the Russians are coming!!

this is serious tho. A close friend just went back to the Ukraine. Being the president of the Russian society of New Zealand. I think she is with the Russians on this and Id guess that is the safer bet in this.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  5. doctorie
    Veteran

volunteer worker for alchoholics anon
    visit Russia before Russia visits YOU!

6. senekz

Sad thing is some of the UN head countries always do this kind of stuff. EUA with Iraq/Afganistan, England with Malvinas/Falklands and China with Tibet

7. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Well, the situation is complex for sure and Ukraine is 50/50 between Russians and Euros.

I believe they'll cut the country in half along the river, just like what happened with Yougoslavia (was cut in many more pieces).

Russians are pushed in a corner by NATO since the USSR fell... NATO was to defend the west against soviets. When the soviet union fell, not only didn't NATO dissolve but they included ex soviet countries !!! This is a hell of an insult for russians and it pushed them to go towards Putin and nationalism. We could've played the cards very differently and Russia would be in the EU already...

Now Putin can't give up his main naval base on the dead sea (Sebastopol in Crimea), which is the one he usses to send weapons to Syria and maintain control in the area. It's just impossible for him to give that away.

Also, he has some arguments saying that the U.S attacked Iraq on their own (without UN support) and the Europeans do the same in Africa (French attacked Lybia with British & U.S support and they went into central Africa too).

50% of the Ukranians speak russian and are pro russian, the other 50% (including Kiev) are pro Europe. This can't go nowhere. Both sides got enough arguments for their cause to never give up. So, either they go to war or they split the country. No solution's good but i'd rather split Ukraine.

8. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

Im just going to lock this thread now because it is going to move very quickly into far too much political discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.