Gorthok - Level 80 Orc Warrior

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Gorthok, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorthok

1. Character name/class: Gorthok - Orc Warrior
    2. Do you play with Xen of Onslaught in any other division? No, I do not.
    3. What is their spec? And are you willing to respec if needed? 12/8/51 (Protection) currently, I will collect the gear and knowledge needed to go Fury or Arms if needed by the guild.
    4. What professions do your characters have? Blacksmithing/Jewelcrafting.. Both 450
    5. What times are you generally online? From around 1-3pm EST until Midnight EST
    6. Do you have Ventrilo installed and do you have (or intend to get) a working mic? Yes, I do have Ventrilo installed and a working mic.
    7. Are you active in guild forums as well as in game? Yes, as long as the forums are also active.
    8. how old are you? 22 years old
    9. Why do you play WoW (loot, fun, sunlight is scary etc.), and what do you think you can give Xen of Onslaught? I play WoW for the challenge... I was in love with BC content pre 3.0 nerf, because of it's difficulty. I like learning new encounters and seeing new content. I am a reliable player that follows directions and isn't afraid to speak up about things I see that other's might be missing, (because of positioning, other more pressing concerns, ect.)
    10. What other games do you play? Dungeon and Dragons Online
    11. How did you find out about XoO? Do you have a referral? I was looking through the WoW guild recruitment forums. I do not have a referral.
    12. Is there anything else you'd like to say about yourself? I'm an average person. I strive to be the best that I can be with what I have, and I am always willing to accept suggestions and comments on how to do things better, be it my tanking/dps'ing/ect. Thank you for taking your time looking through my application and I hope to hear from you soon.
    WoW armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&n=Gorthok

2. Tribat
    Veteran

Geek Squad Supervisor (Best Buy)
    I noticed in your post that you mentioned the Guild recruitment forums. Xen of Onslaught has 2 WoW divsions. The Dragonmaw division (this one) is the more casual of the two. Right now we are raiding 10 man Ulduar on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and we'll be moving up to 25 once everyone gets the hang of it. Previously we were clearing 25 Naxx over the same two day period. We are pretty laid back and don't have any attendance reqs or anything like that, but the drawback is that we progress slower than our Sargeras counterparts. They are a bit more hardcore about their raiding and raid multiple nights with, the last time I checked, an 80% raid attendance requirement. Their division is the one that has the post on the Recruitment Fourms, which is why I bring all of this up. So I just wanted to make sure you were apping to the right division.

With that being said, our divsion could use a warrior right now as an off-tank for our Ulduar 10 man runs b/c our usual OT is AWOL and we could definitely use you for when we move into 25 man.

So, anyhoo, I noticed that you're on Burning Blade, why are you considering transferring servers?

3. Gorthok

Ahh.. sorry about the misunderstanding then... I was meaning to apply to the Sargeras division.. after posting this application, i retraced my steps and found the Sargeras application forum.. I'm currently in the process of making an application there... again, sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for your patience.

4. Tribat
    Veteran

Geek Squad Supervisor (Best Buy)
    NP! Best of luck to you. Thank you for your interest in the XoO family.

5. Neptuno
    Banned

Watching over 150 nukes sitting in the ground
    yeah, i migrated our recruiting to the new section, but i don't have access to see it just yet... i may undelete the old topics till that's fixed.

6. Neptuno
    Banned

well, trying to look at this fairly due to the mix up, our recruitment here was for someone who can dps as well. i can see the dual spec but not the gear, can you elaborate on your dps gear and stats? (you seem geared enough to tank 10 man ulduar though, which is a huge plus till you get some drops)

our app was more extensive for the sargeras division, so anything you can expand on now would be great. sending a PM as well since i've got other questions to go over with you.

7. Neptuno
    Banned

well, our needs are really looking for someone who already has gear for dps specs (or healing if the tank were a druid/pally)... and you were very vague and did not follow up on the app once i responded and sent a private message.
    if you are still interested, reply in some form and we can interview on how we can benefit one another before you pay money to xfer or anything

8. Neptuno
    Banned

well, based on the lack of response, he either can't find this after the movement of it or he isn't interested anymore.

in any case, we are currently at 2 well geared dps warriors with the intention of having one of them use their almost complete tanking sets to OT, so our need for a tank may be removed shortly.

thanks for your interest in XoO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.