Other (not listed) Game Interest Poll

Discussion in 'News - Front Page Posts' started by arcanmene, Dec 14, 2015.

?

What potential new divisions are you most excited about?

1. Eternal Crusade

2. Camelot Unchained

3. Black Desert

4. Eve Valkyrie

5. Lost Ark

6. Blade and Soul

7. The Division

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. arcanmene
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught XO

Student
    Hello everyone,

I'm making this post to get everyone's feedback on potential revitalized games and upcoming games. I would also like people to vote on the next games they want to see come out. This is going to be a short post to gauge the general excitement towards these games. More information and "need to knows" will follow later.

Potential Revitalization:

Elder Scrolls Online

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us

A couple of people have approached me about this game so I want to see how everyone feels about it.

Currently Scheduled to be a Supported Division:

Albion

https://albiononline.com/en/

Currently in closed beta testing. This is an amazing game that needs more members in the division! If you are playing Albion and aren't part of the division then you are hurting its success; come support Albion and destroy those other guilds. I have personally been playing this and would like to see it succeed.

Star Citizen

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

I'll see if this game ever releases. XoO has put a lot of effort into this game so this is a must have!

Crowfall

https://www.crowfall.com/

World war simulator based around Tera-styled combat; currently in pre-alpha testing

Potential New Divisions:

Eternal Crusade

https://www.eternalcrusade.com/

Currently in alpha testing. This is a great game and a lot of fun. This is a 3rd person action RPG that has a huge PVP focus.

Camelot Unchained

http://camelotunchained.com/v2/

Currently 8 months behind schedule, but is still doing alpha testing. There is going to be a long time for this.

Black Desert

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/?...wFGjTnYpEyGreg0JUi2cmQWLBQ-86S84gshoCiKTw_wcB

"Better version of Arch Age," is what I keep hearing. This is a Korean game in beta testing starting Wednesday 16 December 2015.

Eve Valkyrie

http://www.eveonline.com/?&&gclid=C...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJbgucDj2skCFeQBRQodG6MAyQ

This is a game very similar to Star Citizen and would be a good stepping stone to Star Citizen if it ever releases. The graphics are being developed around a motion VR headset.

Lost Ark

http://www.lostarkworld.com/

This game will likely release to the U.S. in 2017. The looks like a Diablo clone, but in reality this game seems to have everything. Completely immersive PVE and PVP with crafting, gathering, side games, and exploding monsters!

2. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Most excited for Camelot Unchained but that is still at least a year before a proper launch and we have many months of beta testing ahead this year. Blade and Soul launches at the end of January, it will likely be my main MMO for 2016 and hopefully we can at least get a guild going for Xen.

3. Jes
    Veteran Crowfall Member

ill be playing Blade and Soul, Black Desert Online, and Crowfall.

4. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    I cant believe B&S is finally coming out, been hearing about that since RIFT I feel like

5. arcanmene

Student
    I forgot about Blade and Soul. Blade and Soul is, of course, an option. All people who actually want to commit to Blade and Soul should contact me and maybe I can get it started up.

6. arcanmene

Student

This is a B&S video I was watching. I might be seriously looking at launching this with Albion. So I really need people to tell me if they are interested to get this started.

7. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    This a little too cutesy for me and I am surprised how long people are living for in this. Although I do like smashing people in the face with a 2handed axe...

8. arcanmene

Student
    Yeah I kind of feel the same way. I'm feeling we should either support Blade and Soul OR Black Desert

9. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

Will be tough finding enough people and leadership (officers etc) for all the games people want to play. Albion, Star Citizen (granted this may be releasing much later than the others), Crowfall and now B&S or Black Desert.

May be a good idea to put up a poll with the top 4 games and have people vote for which they are most excited about and roll with the top 2 or 3.

10. arcanmene

Student
    yeah good idea. I'll do that based on what comes out here.

11. Varitas
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Lost Ark looks insanely awesome!

12. arcanmene

Student
    Yeah... that's what I was thinking

13. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Blade and Soul doesn't have any healer and is primarily balanced around 1 vs 1 dueling rather than 3 vs 3. As for the cute characters, there is also massive gon and destroyer classes. It has a similar art style to Tera, characters are more slim and lean usually.

14. Ani
    Veteran Staff Member Communications Director

Optician

As soon as i saw the gameplay for lost ark my hope in MMOs was instantly rekindled. Lets hope it isnt another Korean heart break

15. Eumaeos Romanus
    Veteran Crowfall Member

I had dismissed Blade and Soul a long time ago (because NCSoft is the devil), but that arena video gives me pause. How many of you guys were in at the testing level? Is there a legit arena scene, or is it an afterthought with no real cohesion or balance? Riot... balanced around 1v1? Is there support and infrastructure for ranked Team arenas, tourneys, etc?

Crowfall is currently the leader in my book. Kyoji sold me on the concept early and it seems like the dev team has a clue, so it could be good. It does seem like there is a long way to go on it yet, so I might be in play to grab another game in the interim.

Lost Ark is visually stunning in that video, but I don't know if I can get into a Diablo clone with a bunch of add-in stuff. PvP in hack n' slash games is always garbage and I don't see anything in the gameplay that would change that for this title.

As far as Black Desert is concerned... already played Archeage for way too long. Not falling for it again.

Didn't vote because I don't think I am likely to pick up any of the choices listed, but if Crowfall flops, or a bunch of friends are in B&S, WH40k:EC or CU, then I might be persuaded to follow.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  16. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    To me CU is like that ex girlfriend who swears she has changed and keeps texting me and when I get a little desperate I am tempted. So we shall see. I am definitely watching Crowfall.

17. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

Other games include:

Lineage Eternal - for anyone who liked Lineage

The Division - for the FPS lovers

Overwatch - For those that enjoy TF2

Everquest Next - For traditional RPG lovers

18. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    I though EQ next was confirmed vaporware? I'll probably end up playing the division on ps4. Oevrwatch and Paladins are both on my radar

19. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/389pg4/a_very_detailed_pvp_overview/

Blade and Soul has two primary pvp modes, faction warfare and arena play. There is legit arena for both group play and 1vs1 which are both based on ELO. There is no such thing as gear advantage in PvP as it has been normalized so it is skill based. There is money tournaments for 1vs1 play in both Korea and Japan,

I personally skipped testing the NA beta since I played Korean Open beta many years ago. The game is fantastic and while I wanted it to release much sooner in the west it has done extremely well in Korea compared to Archeage. Some people aren't a huge fan because it isn't a sandbox but the combat more than makes up for that by being one of the best ever in an MMO if you like non-healing/fighting mechanics. Arena PvP and certain PvE is the primary end-game while faction warfare is something fun to do on the side with friends. There is also leaderboards and ranking for Arena PvP.

Edit: Here is an example from 2015,

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  20. arcanmene

Student
    I'm gathering more information about Everquest Next, which is why I didn't include that now.

Overwatch and The Division are FPS games, which do not fall under potential new divisions because they would be under the FPS Division. Unless, of course, there is an FPS MMO, like Planetside, that enough people are interested in.

Quite honestly I don't have faith in another Lineage. If people are really into it, which I don't think there will be, then that is an option as well.

The more people that vote, the more of an idea I can actually get before attempting to create a division. Otherwise we are going to end up not supporting a division and have 50 people complain that we didn't support something we should have. So with that being said, you guys should try to get your friends to vote so we know where our next games will be. This will also be brought up during the next meeting we have.