Eve

Discussion in 'Public General Chat' started by xXKronosXx, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Erock
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Sales / Hockey
    well it looks like i just got an offer to join R A (ex tri elite PVP corp) who are friendly to AAA and the GBC (or whatever it is now) so a few of my small corp mates might be doin that :) should be fun to kill some titans again

2. No_Smoking
    Veteran

my tags? =/
    sorry I'm a bit slow this afternoon heh. like guild tags? in eve? or as in what other games I played with xoo?

3. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

there used to be one run by bobfrommarketing, but the like for EVE dwindled, plus it had already lost its prime. I imagine it would be even harder now with Jumpgate Evolution right around the corner, although, I also imagine it will pickup once JGE comes out.

4. No_Smoking
    Veteran

doh, well, that sucks.
    I might have to check out jumpgate again.. the last time I checked it out I kind of just dismissed it as a "earth and beyond" knock off and didn't look back =/ as u might know, E&B failed big time.. I don't think too many space games will actually make it in the long run.

I'm still debating on if I should reactivate my eve account though.. I figured if I can't get into a somewhat large corp, I would just get bored. I think I'm kind of in a lose-lose situation though heh.. my SP is still extremely low.. so large corps probably wouldn't take me anyway.:confused:

5. I actually just got into eve last night, i m on the 21 free day, i got alot of friends who play so they sent me 20 mill to start up and they got a corp, so i'd be happy to play

My names B4ttlechick3n

6. Xenzoku
    Veteran

wow, more eve players coming in lol,

Well , There WAS a XoO corp in eve and it went for a few months, unfortunately there was a certain break up with a few players and many people went off to do their own thing ( myself included ). I doubt we will see a XoO corp again but stranger and rarer things have been known to happen.

Ill be back on EvE soon also once I have finished with some real life issues. Might take a while though lol, like a few more weeks to a month. Ill probably be looking for a new corp to join again though so if anyone has suggestions im open, looking for pvp obviously but on a small - med gang warfare scale as opposed to " Lets make a giant BLOB " party.

Edit:

Meemo, thanks for the link to the search engine, yeah its much better than the stupid one on the forums lol

Here are two links that explain a little about the shot delay BUT these are not the actual ones that I read before. Though these pick up on a few points the other thread im looking for still was much more in - depth and had many more ideas, ill have another look for it once i get more time though now after reading I believe the main theme was about realism lol.

http://www.eve-search.com/thread/582734/page/1#7

http://www.eve-search.com/thread/558606/page/1#10

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  7. Yeah, I dont see why a new division for XoO couldn't come up if we got alot of skilled players, i'd love to join a bigger corp, but i got about 15 buddies that have a corp, So I'd probably troll with them till i m up for 0.0 and stuff, I am rolling hardcore pvp gallent. ;D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
  8. xXKronosXx

Combat Engineer
    Wow its so nice to see that quite a few people are getting back into eve and a few new people as well. It would be pretty cool I think to start a new or restart the old XoO corp or even a XoO alliance on top of that... cause tbh I doubt I leave my buddies corp but join an Alliance... yeah that would be most acceptable.

9. Aral
    Veteran

College Grad; Networking
    actually, id like the point out that the opposite is true, eve is constantly growing, we had 50k online a couple days ago, 'its prime' certainly hasnt passed, nor do i think JgEvo will make much of a dent,

10. Erock
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Sales / Hockey
    over 51k users

p.s. Rionnag Alba is the corp i will be joining with the small pvp corp im in now and merging in with them for some more Pew pew w0oT :)

11. No_Smoking
    Veteran

Well I just reactivated my account, so if anyone wants a noob in their corp.. maybe shoot me an evemail =P

Vermicious

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  12. Meemo

Tech 3 ships dev blog.

Looks interesting, but losing a level in a random T3 skill when your ship is killed will hurt a bit.

And down the bottom, visible only if you highlight it:

13. Xenzoku
    Veteran

See I dont think it will, from the way I understood it you lose a random skill level in your T3 area ( so either a skill in the electronic subsytem, enginering sub etc etc ) so whats to stop people keeping it a say level 3, the time to re-train from 2 - 3 wouldnt be that long i guess depending on the skills rank. a few days mabey, a week? and what if you kept it at just lvl 1, would you lose any levels at all?

The penalty to me just feels like a slap on the wrists, obviosuly losing the ship itself is more of a blow to the player but unlike the other cruisers ( HAC, Combat recon etc ) these ships can be adjusted to fill the players play style and so will probably be alot more common. ( not to mention more difficult to take down )

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  14. Meemo

The reason I'm not liking losing a skill when the ship dies is because I'd prefer to train skills that I won't lose over skills that I will if I make use of them. This will change when I run out of interesting things to train for, but that will take ages.

15. Aevar

I tried Eve a few years ago and didnt get into it.
    I went back to try it again.
    The new expansion looks cool.

Just extended my trial to paid, shoot me an email.

Arilynn is my character name

16. No_Smoking
    Veteran

if anyone else thinks they would be interest, I have a few 21 day buddy keys available. But please be serious, as I would really appreciate the free month if you go paid =)

17. xXKronosXx

Combat Engineer
    Its been about a year since anyone posted something just wandering if anyone is active in game. If you are shoot me an eve mail... Kronos Caldeis