Eve

Discussion in 'Public General Chat' started by xXKronosXx, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Xenzoku
    Veteran

Meemo: Ive been having a quick browse around but Havent found it yet, and the fact it wont let me log in ( since im not active I would assume ) means i cant use all the search funtions in the forums. I remember seeing it about a year or so ago and it was under a thread called 'list of ideas/changes for combat'. Under the Idea section obviously, im not sure if the devs touched on this point, i think it was just a rather long disscusion between the actual playerbase.

I know the devs talked about collision detection somewhere on there.

To All of you: DAMN YOU ALL, now the desire to play Eve is once again in my blood. Whats worse its like being shown somethiing you really want and you just cant get to it. Cant play ANY game, online or off where I am at the moment.

I hate you all now....

2. Meemo

The forums search function sucks. Use this instead.

3. xXKronosXx

Combat Engineer
    Xen I would like to personally apologize, its mostly my fault for starting this thread. So I'm sorry :)

4. Erock
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Sales / Hockey
    just 2 shotted a kestral WT in my zealot then we got blobbed 43 ships vs our 3 man gang HAHA

5. xXKronosXx

Combat Engineer
    At first its all excitement cause you killed the guy and then a few seconds later your look out the window and only one thought comes to mind, "DAMN" :(

6. xXKronosXx

Combat Engineer
    Hey I have a questions for you older players...

Alright so I've noticed that there is a recommendation level thing for each ship, and I was wondering how effective it is to work on those recommendations.

Also in FW is it really a blob fest? If so is there anyway to get around it?

7. Meemo

Pretty useless because the skills required for certificates are badly thought out.

When one side forms a 30+ fleet in FW, the other side usually hides from it. Or they form a bigger fleet and the first hides. Sometimes they fight, but not often.

If you want to avoid it just don't join the big fleets and keep an eye on local and militia chat. Usually someone will see the fleet before it hits you, especially if you stay away from the main combat pipes (for example with caldari vs gallente, the low sec routes between Old Man Star and Tama are where the big fleets usually roam).

8. xXKronosXx

Combat Engineer
    Thanks Meemo I really appreciate it, but just to clarify my friends and I or well the ones in our Corp will only be forming fleets of like 3-10 so avoiding the blob mania should be easy as long as we watch out. Also, do you know where the "blobs" roam in FW between Amarr & Minm?

9. Meemo

10. Erock
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Sales / Hockey
    awesome awesome awesome to bad ill be done with eve once darkfall comes out

11. Aral
    Veteran

College Grad; Networking
    thats what you think,

youll be back.

...they always come back.

12. Meemo

Apparently goonswarm managed to get someone high enough in Bob that they caused Bob to miss paying the alliance bill. And because Bob didn't pay the bill, they have been disbanded.

All I can confirm is that Bob has been disbanded, goons are taking the credit in COAD while Bob are saying it was a hacked account.

13. Erock
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Sales / Hockey
    hahaha yea i saw that too :)

14. Meemo

Now think about this:
    - I've heard that a lot of 0.0 alliances use jump bridges to allow them to quickly get defenders to any systems under attack.
    - Cyno jammers keep out enemy capital ships.
    - Both require sovereignty 3 to work.
    - It takes a minimum of 28 days to go from capturing a system to reaching sovereignty 3.
    - BoB just their sovereignty has been reset.

Which means that even if BoB reforms instantly with all corps and POSs that were in them before this happened, their defences are weakened for nearly a month. How many groups are going to make use of this to settle a grudge they have with BoB ?

15. xXKronosXx

Combat Engineer
    I would bet any of them that are smart enough to realize everything you just laid out for us to read.

16. Aral
    Veteran

College Grad; Networking
    no one.

if the great North and South coalitions still existed in any functional form then bob would be toast, unable to gate their titan fleet to every bloody system that would come under attack. but the South no longer exists for all intents and purposes, it imploded after the North withdrew from the conflict after driving bob out of fountain. and parts of the North are blue to bob now, to avoid attacks during their Max campaign, i doubt theyd risk it.

on the other hand, goon will probably take advantage, and if they push bob hard enough.. the rest of nulsec will fall on bob like hungry wolves... then a new war will break out over ownership of the very sexy Delve systems

http://go-dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png

17. No_Smoking
    Veteran

I might want to hook up with you all. I've kind of been idle for a bit on the forums, but looking to get active again.

my eve account isnt active just yet. but i'm thinking of coming back for a bit. if you all are still active, and need another recruit =P

are you all kind of spread out in different corps, or in one big one?

18. Lev
    Banned

Dancer
    Welcome back nosmoke, what were your other tags again?

19. xXKronosXx

Combat Engineer
    Nosmoke, I believe we are pretty spread out.

20. Aral
    Veteran

College Grad; Networking
    yea, there is no offical XoO corp afaik