Elder Scrolls online Live Stream

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online Public Chat' started by Solok, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Solok
    Veteran

not sure how many of you check this forum, care about this post or have gotten this email BUT...

WHERE:
    http://twitch.tv/bethesda

WHEN:
    Friday, August 2nd, 18:30 WEST (5:30 PM GMT)

There going to be streaming footage of elder scrolls online for the first time, no idea what it will be showing but thought I'd let the community know.

End!

2. Rumor
    Veteran Star Citizen Member

Head Swim Instructor/Aquatic Director
    Some of us are fiends about this forum. Doc most of all. He's obsessed. Thanks for the info!

3. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Hm Solok, u mean they are going to do 2 broadcasts at diff hours based on peeps location ? Cuz 6:30 PM West is like 3:30 AM CET, so, like, 1:30 AM GMT ?

I don't think i'll be able to watch it :s but if anyone can give their feedback it'd be awesome !

4. Doxy
    Veteran Camelot Unchained Member

The Elder Scrolls Online | Gameplay Presentation Friday, August 2nd (12:30 pm CST) from their twitch

5. Valindria
    Veteran

Software Engineer
    If you go on now they have been showing trailers so it's not super boring.

6. Regis
    Veteran

Well it's over already..only a half hour long..what did you guys think?

7. Doxy

Watered down Skyrim Online imho.
    World is pretty big, so thats a plus.

8. Valindria
    Veteran

Software Engineer
    I thought it was interesting. The game looks fun to me (but I am fan of Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim).

I was glad to hear the loot was instance based.

It looks like there are a decent amount of skills and things to choose from. It almost has the GW2 look for somethings when he switched from bow to dual wield some skills changed.

Overall It looked pretty solid and I am looking forward to it. Hopefully my PC can handle it.

9. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    So fucking good. I've been so skeptical about this game, as this and FF14 are the only 2 upcoming MMOs I'm interested in, but I was very pleased with this video.

10. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

11. Solok
    Veteran

I was hoping to be awake to ask in chat about raids... Seems there is still NO confirmation and NO thought to answering the question after his statement in an interview that raiding will not be in the game I have not heard of anything saying otherwise.
    i don't understand that they put so much detail in the exploration and dungeons as you level and then only have the pvp siege at end game thinking that will be enough it doesn't make sense.

12. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Wow, a very nice video. Likely the best footage of gameplay we have seen so far. Thanks for the posting of it.

I'm really happy they went with the stamina drain only on stealth movement, but allow it to regen when not in motion.

Personal loot. Good.

Soul Gems allow anyone to rez or self rez, seems ok since it appears it is not available in combat.

13. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    It's the bane of every new MMO, the "end game". Every developer struggles with it and its one of the main reasons modern MMOs fail. ESO isn't any different. They still have until 2014 to release, that's a lot of time to polish things up and add additional content.

14. decoyninja
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Actually this has been addressed many times, it is pretty old news. Probably a year ago Firor was asked about raiding and he started putting down traditional concepts of raiding (specifically the fighting against one huge boss with loads of UI mods and a set dps rotation); he was basically quoted as saying how "that just isn't Elder Scrolls." After this blew up for a few months he had to clarify the confusion around those statements with how this didn't mean they wouldn't have endgame PvE; they had to explain more their version of PvE progression. What we can expect from this game is less of the traditional your group vs massive boss and more of the your group vs enemy group, sometimes being swarmed with enemies. They want their PvE encounters to feel more like PvP and have been working pretty hard on mobs that help support each other or combo moves with each other as they fight you. Their "adventure zones" vary in size from being balanced for the regular group size, or for groups of groups (aka raid sized). They are largely (though not entirely) open world/public and the scaling inside will match the difficulty with what is pitted against it by the players.
    These public instances will also exist in the PvP zone, so look forward to that. :eek:ook:

Started looking for some videos that touched on this:

Basically he doesn't really look at the term "raiding" as any large scale PvE. Raiding was kind of a dirty word to Firor initially and he didn't want their content to be associated with it. As you can see from this video, he did start using the term (complete with air quotes). Afterwards he probably left to take a shower.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  15. Solok
    Veteran

Wow thanks decoy I have searched youtube for months trying to find a response regarding raiding. That comment about no raiding made majority of people I know not even want to play this again so i shall rely this vid. thanks again

16. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Yeah it seems they really count on their AI with tactics to be more challenging than just an OP Boss. It can be a very good idea but we'll see how it works... If their AI is good enough, there wouldn't be a "i win" tactic like in every standard MMO.

Because, back in EQ1 (and i guess it was the same with WOW) it was all about having the tactic right then it was rinse and repeat. Bosses always fought the same way, u could even time some of their specials like '1 min after combat starts' or 'when he reaches 30% hps', or 'he'll do this 4 times then do that' with unpredictable AI it'd be much better imo.

17. Zer010
    Veteran

Paramedic
    I'm waiting on this one. Please make an announcement when XoO has decided what faction/server they will play on.

18. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Sogetsu will be our CO :p

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  19. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    <3 :tehe:

20. Doxy

Do you really want to entrust CO to Salem, Sabrinas the teenage witch cat ? =]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014