Destiny 2 - week 5 recap

Discussion in 'FPS Public Chat' started by EniGmA1987, Nov 29, 2017.

1. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

The main event this week was Iron Banner, a PVP event that goes on about once a month. We had a few people running it towards the weekend and grinding out the milestone rewards. I know for myself I turned in enough tokens to get about 15 vendor packages but still didnt manage to get the Time Worn Spire pulse rifle I wanted :( I did get the helmet for my titan and hunter though so I guess thats something. It was good running this event as a fireteam with some of you though, I feel like we were able to get a lot better as a team and learning to work together on the crucible maps.

Great job to the new people on completing the raid! And we were able to do the Calus challenge mode and get double reward chests at the end which was nice. This is the first time in Destiny 2 that there has been a Calus challenge, so it was new this week even to console players.

I see there are quite a few people that are 300+ now as well, and even a couple that are maxed out at 305 power with me. So great job on getting all your gear set and done before this new expansion drops!

This week there is not muich going on, just waiting for the new expansion next Tuesday. We will be doing a raid this Saturday again and try to get a couple people through it who have just shown up on the forums or are new top the game.

If anyone has any other things they would like to try and do before Curese of Osiris drops then be sure and let us know and we will make every effort to get it done or help you out with remaining quests this week.

DARKTIDE!! likes this.
  2. DARKTIDE!!
    Veteran Staff Member Xen of Onslaught CO

Bomb Dropper
    Very nice!

3. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Also a good information update; Bungie is releasing a blog post today with the rough roadmap or desired future state of Destiny 2. Depending if you have been following social media elsewhere, you might know that the console players (who have had almost 2 months more time than us) have been around the end state of the game for awhile longer and it just isn't up to expectations. Hopefully we see some meaningful changes and thankfully being delayed in release actually helped out PC in this regard as those of us who play casually are still working on alts/finished up our mains.

4. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    yeah i havent even bothered with alts and im comfortably over 300 light

5. Deadend
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Monkey.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46504

6. EniGmA1987

Bad news everyone! They are changing the legendary mod dismantling to no longer be guaranteed to give you mod components, it will now only have a chance at mod components. SO dismantle as much as you can now that you dont need or think you wont want and stock up before the update!

7. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    poop

8. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    some of these other changes are great, vendors only pinging you when you have enough for a reward, being able to upgrade to masterwork, fated engrams

9. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

It is a decent hold-over update. I still really enjoy the game but it has some deeper systems flaws that aren't going to be fixed in a month or two after release. A little disappointed they weren't able to make any changes to the prestige level activity in December. Even an exotic ship/sparrow would go a long way.

Between the patch, CoO, and the sandbox update. It should hopefully give them enough time for larger changes and improvements in the future.

10. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    hmm it says rare ones will have a chance to turn into legendary mod components, i dont see a comment about legendary mods changing

11. EniGmA1987

Ah I must have misinterpreted it then when I saw the talk of the rare mods. Thats good news, it would be pretty hard to get mod components otherwise.