Destiny 2 Planning/Meeting (Oct)

Discussion in 'FPS Public Chat' started by PersonalRiot, Sep 29, 2017.

?

What day/time works best for you?

1. Friday Evening

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Saturday Morning

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Saturday Afternoon

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Saturday Evening

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. Sunday Morning

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  6. Sunday Afternoon

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  7. Sunday Evening

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Hey Crew;

With the release of Destiny 2 dropping in late-ish October I thought it would be a good time to do a meet-up (Oct 13,14,15). While none of this will be mandatory, it would be nice to touch base with everyone who is interested in player - go over some of the rough and undecided leadership standpoints, objectives, raid teams thoughts/comments, and plans for the release.

Above in the polls are the rough times - lets see if we can get something going.

Remember Destiny 2 isn't a game with trading or domination on the perspective of economics or guild warfare like many games that Xen gets into but it is a game that you are going to have a hell of alot more fun playing with people on VOIP than with randoms. Even more so when you hit that end-game grind for gearing - so drop by, meet people, and lets shoot the shit before we can shoot shit.

2. Jes
    Veteran Crowfall Member

i'm good weekdays evening 8pm-12am
    weekends all day

found a guide that i plan to try/follow to get to 300+ asap
    don't know how good of a guide this is but im willing to try it
    https://imgur.com/a/h3uPL#DvhkBNa [​IMG]

3. Dibs
    Member Crowfall Member

Im interested in playing this since other games Im waiting for will take months still at least. Ill be busy those days though, have to attend a friends wedding that weekend.

4. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    ill probably have enough friends to field a raid+ as well

5. Jes
    Veteran Crowfall Member

im your friend ^_^

6. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

Looks like I *should* have next weekend off finally. So ill be at our meeting if it is on a Saturday or Sunday.

7. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Saturday Morning got the most votes from people (3); along those lines does 12PM(Noon) EST work for most people then? That would be 10 AM here, and 9 AM for everyone on the west coast which hopefully isn't too early. I doubt the meeting will go for more than an hour unless people have lots of questions.

October 14, 2017
    Noon EST
    Destiny 2 Meeting
    TS3

Rough Agenda:
    • Leadership (Enigma/Myself as organizers until we can figure out who is commited/playtimes)
    • Battle.Net/Clan (Pre-sharing IDs, Discord/Battle.net's new group systems)
    • Launch Plan Discussion (Who is playing when, Is anyone taking time off)
    • Raiding (Infomation aka not much for PC, Blind Raids, Old Raids)
    • Initial Class Split (Quick Poll)
    • Q&A/Shooting the Shit

Please join the clan! I will bring this up during the meeting and also be doing checks for those attending.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2107261

Also as a heads up for most of the people interacting with me, I'll likely be name changing my forum name to my Bnet ID going forward to help with decrease confusion.

If enough people can't make that time, we can reschedule. Please post if you can't make it - and we will see what the tally is like. It is hard to tell timings if only a few people respond. Hope to see a few of you at the meeting.

8. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Just a quick update for people who didn't make it.

Engima, Jes, and myself showed up. There was a post by bungie explaining PC launch times - https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46397. 10 PST, 13 EST on the 24th.

Engima is taking time off for the launch (feel free to clarify - couple days).
    I am taking the 25th, and 26th (since I need to wait for my physical copy to show up at my door anyways).
    Jes was thinking about taking a day.

So far Engima is planning to play Titan, I am undecided (forgive me), and I believe Jes was between Warlock and Hunter.

Engima has a pretty good set of knowledge since he has played the console release. There is no additional raid information yet but I encourage people looking to raid to get into the game early/and playing - (at your own pace) so we can start setting up weekly raid times.

Looking forward to seeing people around launch : D My goal is to head home a bit early that day from work so I will be a few mission behind but hopefully catch up in the strike grind.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  9. Mishka
    Veteran FPS Member

University
    My email notifications have been wonkly latetly so I missed the meetings. Ill be playing Warlock when the game opens up, and alt a Titan :)

10. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Sweet; Pre-loads are up in Battle.net for those that paid digitally (or had the beta installed). I highly recommend pre-loading the client over the weekend if you don't want to be stuck downloading on Tuesday : D

11. Deadend
    Veteran Crowfall Member

Monkey.
    I'm already at %50 :p

12. Dibs
    Member Crowfall Member

I missed the meeting but I'll be on when the game launches and I joined the clan. Feel free to add me on bnet Dibs#11107

13. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Of course my physical edition is late. Sigh Amazon. Apparently I'll be getting my copy sometime on Wednesday.

14. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    I was going to buy it on amazon for the discount but i knew i would be missing thurs-sunday being away and the only had the base edition, so i just said fuck it and bought it digitally. Also I apparently dont have a dvd drive on my new pc lol

Im assuming our IGN are based on our blizzard logins? Do we need to get a list going?

15. Jes
    Veteran Crowfall Member

i took the 26th off, will probably start with warlock then alt hunter. see you guys on tonight.