Destiny 2 Hype Thread

Discussion in 'FPS Public Chat' started by PersonalRiot, May 19, 2017.

1. PersonalRiot
    Veteran Xenforcer

Side thread so I don't end up spamming Engima's thread.
    https://www.xoohq.com/threads/destiny-2-interest-thread.49358/

Which you should sign up if you haven't.

Anyways, who is hyped? Thoughts from old members of Destiny? What did you new guys think?

Random Comments:
    Unlocked on PC (Res, Frame, etc)
    No Dedicated Servers
    Might be slightly staggered release compared to Console

-----------------------------------------

Riot's Thoughts:

After reading a ton of reddit comments, watching videos, and scanning over the VoD from yesterday I am pretty happy with the output from Bungie. I always liked the world of Destiny - and honestly I would still likely buy another expansion of Destiny 1. Whereas Destiny 2 is a more refined Destiny without the baggage of the old console generation and a new engine. I am hoping that the new engine allows for expansion/on-going content that is a lot easier to publish.

Pretty hyped about the visual/setup for PC - as I plan to pick up a new monitor later this year along with GPU for some 144hz 1080p gameplay. All in all, pretty happy on that front.

The new class changes look very interesting - a little sad to be losing the traditional roles of Defender/Sunsinger in the raid. Mind you - it often pidgeon holed Titan/Warlock/Hunter into one subclass when the raid first released. I'll be curious to see how much they poke the support role in this game.

Not really worried about the lack of dedicated servers as I am primarily a PvE player in Destiny. It would be nice to see progression into dedicated servers in the future for PvP but maybe one step at a time?

As far as the staggered release date, I hope it isn't much more than a week or two max. :<