danielrj's Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by danielrj, Apr 16, 2013.

1. danielrj

Guild Wars 2 Application
    How old are you?
    What is your in-game account name?
    danielrj
    Do you have Teamspeak 3 and a working microphone?
    Yes
    What are the top five games that influenced you most?
    chess, guild wars 1 and guild wars 2 can only think of 3 that actually have influence me.
    What kind of content do you prefer to play?
    PvX
    What guilds have you played with and what roles did you have within the guild?
    Fringe of Sanity, FoS been with Fos for 8 years starting in gw1 launch. Guild leader
    What attracts you to this guild more than others?
    Talk to a member on Guldwars2 forums. Contacted him about pvp, his attitude is what attracted me to this guild.
    What will you contribute to the guild?
    Not sure what I can contribute in pvp part of the game. As I feel there is nothing I have to offer that you don't already have. And what I do have to offer is very limited as is my time in pvp. If there is something I could offer would be my time to be there when I'm online if called upon to help fill a team. as far as my personality, I am very easy to get along with, never disrespectful to others. Hopefully that makes for a more enjoyable environment.
    What are some of your achievements in Guild Wars 2?
    100% map, commander title. only bought for pve for the bounty missions. My knowledge in wvw is not that much. So I do not put it on in wvw as I feel I am not qualified to do so. Fractal lvl is only 13, cant seem to find the time to get much of that done. Wvw is average. No titles completed there. Dungeon Master completed. About 98% of all pve related achievements completed.
    Do you have a good computer and internet connection that can handle WvW zergs?
    Yes
    What classes and builds do you play efficiently?
    efficiently, I play ele, d/d ranger, shortbow/axe horn. -avg. mes shatter build. and guard, hammer/sceper/shield. the other 4 below avg. imo. I have manage to get all 8 profs. leveled to 80 from pve grinding but I feel that does not make me efficient on all them and certainly not good enough to run them in pvp yet.
    Do you play on North American or European servers?
    NA
    A little bit about yourself?
    What I think I'm like and what other may say could be 2 different things. So I will proceed to say what I think I am like. I am 7th generation military and grew up in a military home. Became an elite gymnast at 16, tore both shoulders severely at 21 so ended coaching for the next 11 years, managed to coach 2 national champions during that time. Only saying this as to give insight as to what kind of person I am. When it comes to competing at that level I was extremely competitive and very much a perfectionist to the point many would consider it almost anal. But I knew what had to be done to win. Studied business started my own, was successful and able to retire at age 36. Have one daughter and two boys. Very happily married. Not that guild wars contributes to the happiness as it certainly does not. When not in a competitive environment. I am very laid back and easy going. When I am. I could say I am a different person. Another thing about me, that some people in the gaming would may not like. I am very family oriented. My family will come first before the game or anything else in my life. I have been known to sit the pc down without saying a word, if one of my kids needed me. Some may say, well you should have said something. For those that have children, knows sometimes that is not an option.
    How many hours do you play per week, on average?
    on avg 4-6 hrs a day. sometimes more rarely less
    Were you reffered to XoO? If so, enter the name of the person who referred you to XoO
    Myrmidian Eurodos
    List the best times for your interview
    Depends on if I am being talked to on TS3, if so best time would be after the kids are in bed after 8:30
    Have you applied to the GW2 usergroup?
    No

2. danielrj

edit my application

I misread a question, the one asking how much do you play a week. I filled this out pretty late last night. So was thinking how many do you play a day. My answer was 4 to 6 hrs a day. so in fact it should be no less than 28 hours a week.

3. Eumaeos Romanus
    Veteran Crowfall Member

National Champion gymnasts? Geez.

Here you can call me ER, since no one except for guys like Hanuman even attempt to pronounce my account or character names.

Welcome Dani.

ACCEPTED AND ON PROBATION

4. danielrj

ER, Thank you for accepting my app. yes fortunately I had 2 athletes that had the dedication and natural talent to exceed in gymnastics during my 11 years as a coach. Most people are not aware to train at that level requires 36 hours a week minimum. And when comp season comes around its never less than 40 hours a week. Which can be pretty tough on young teenagers. They never sought to go for the Olympics as they got older, having a social life seemed more important. So they both retired from the sport early.