WoW Cormack's Application

Discussion in 'Accepted and on Probation' started by Cormack, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Cormack

What is your name, age, and battle tag?:
    Ryan, 26, Cormack#11202
    Tell us a bit about yourself.:
    Fairly hardcore gamer, haven't played wow at a semi-hardcore to hardcore level since wotlk. I was a fairly raid heavy player throughout vanilla and BC and most of WOTLK. Looking to knock off the dust and get back into some heavy raiding for Legion. I'm a gamer who is typically spending too many hours researching information to maximize my abilities. I'm impossible to offend, sexy as hell and once won a fanny pack when I was 9 for being the best dancer.
    What is your character's name?:
    Alzorah
    What class and specialization(s) are you applying as?:
    Fire/Arcane mage, depending on which has the highest outputs with endgame legion gearing.
    Have you read what the expectations are for joining us?:
    Yes
    Link your armory page.:
    Do you have Teamspeak 3 and a working microphone?:
    Yes
    Can you make raid nights on consistent and reliable basis?:
    Yes
    Can your computer handle 20+ raid settings without any problems?:
    Yes
    Can you explain how you get information about your class and theory crafting and / or list any tools or guides you use to optimize your character?:
    This time around with the new play style of fire mages I spent all the time leveling up to 100 trying to theorize what the most optimal way to play it was. Then I looked online to compare a couple well written guides on gearing/talenting and rotation and discovered I wasn't too far off in the talenting/rotation part! I'll typically stick to the basic addons but I'm constantly testing out new ones and removing ones I wasn't happy with.
    Link a recent log of a raid you participated in.:
    N/A Returning to the raiding scene for the first time since 2010.
    Provide a link to a picture of your UI while in combat with a raid boss.:
    Will update section soon.
    Recount your previous guilds that you were a core raider in (up to the last 3) and your reasons for leaving?:
    They were all on Thunderlord and years and years ago. Gnome Shredders was my original vanilla raiding guild. We struggled with BWL and I eventually parted with them after guild leader drama and moved onto a guild called Servi Letorum. We were still working on twin emps in AQ 40 before BC Hit. Stuck with them all the way through BC and I quit while we were on I believe hyjal? Returned with a few different guilds and was able to experience all of the content at one point or the other, best being everything in 25 man ICC except for LK.
    Summarize your raiding experience.:
    See previous post
    What are you looking for from XoO, and from a guild in general?:
    I'm looking for mature players adult players who have a serious drive to learn and knock content out in legion. I'm hoping for a good sense of humour too but it's not required. I've managed under communist style leadership before!
    Do you know anyone in the guild that can vouch for you?:
    That one guy, you know who I'm talking about
    Any final comments, thoughts, concerns, or bad puns?:
    Will raid for food. Please love me.

2. DoctÕre

Student
    I am a fan. Anyone who can write that as their description for themselves would fit right in with our group XD

3. Kris
    Veteran

Please provide pictures of said fanny pack. I have a festival coming up and might ask to borrow it.

4. Cormack

Unfortunately I may have somehow managed to misplace this relic of my childhood sometime in the last 17 years. I'll let you know if it turns up!

5. Kuulin
    Veteran CO

Gas Engineer
    Hello Cormack and thank you for the application. Is there a good time for you to do a quick interview on TS?

6. Cormack

Anytime in the evening is usually good for me!

7. Kris
    Veteran

Did you find the fanny pack yet?

8. Kuulin
    Veteran CO

Gas Engineer
    Approved and permissions all set up.