Computer Parts for sale!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by mojojojo, Apr 22, 2012.

1. mojojojo

Motherboard/Processor Combo.

AMD FX-8120 with a GA-990FXA-UD3

Processor:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Motherboard

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nvidia card GTX 560 Ferni (Non-Ti)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Drop me a message, paypal works best if interested.

2. CmdNeo
    Veteran

Actually looking to upgrade at the moment, Just a wondering as ive been a bit out of the loop for a while now (my systems a 8800 GTS 640 mb - was like top of range once :/)

Would that mobo/cpu/gpu plus 16gb of ram ( for ramdisk ) run BF3 anywhere near maxxed?

Also im assuming that is a 64bit proccesser?

3. Sogetsu
    Veteran

Logistics
    GLWS.

4. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

No processor now days is NOT a 64-bit CPU. Well, with the exception of maybe a couple Atom models for netbooks.

Not trying to derail the sale here, but that processor is not the greatest thing on the market. Now that being said, it is a fun toy to play with if you are into overclocking, and it performs fine really and I doubt anyone owning it would truly complain about bad performance. It just isnt the top of the line is all. That being said, for a midrange gaming computer it is a fine processor and will work well. The motherboard is a very solid MB as well.

The processor CAN play on maxed "ultra" settings in BF3, but I dont think that GPU is capable of doing that. However I think you can play on "high" settings with this combo.

The processor can be had for $150 new from Microcenter, the MB costs $140, and the GPU costs $170. Minus 20% for being used, plus shipping, and I think around $400-420 shipped for all 3 items would be around fair.

Then you are looking at around $150 for 16GB of fast memory, $100 if you dont care about the faster stuff. With this processor it performs much better on the fastest memory possible though so Id say go for the fast stuff.
    My personal favorite brand is Mushkin: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226245
    this is also really good: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231476

I would also highly recommend a Corsair H80 or Antec 920e CPU cooler for the processor. This will help you a LOT in temperatures, processor life, and overclocking. You really should try and get the processor running at 4.5GHz+ for best performance with it and you need one of these coolers to do so reliably.

5. Blackice
    Veteran

Baker
    I'm running a GTX 560 manually OC'd, it plays Skyrim maxed ultra no probs.

20% off used is just such a small bargain, I'd be pushing 40% on that. The depreciation value of a discontinued company alone! It's like a Cyrix chip now, nobody wants that.

6. mojojojo

didnt know MC had it for that price oops - sure 400$ + shipping is fine with me, its just collecting dust in my closet lol I'm sure someone who's running a crap system could use this. just making room before I move.

7. EniGmA1987

Skyrim doesnt matter that much on the graphics card though, it is much more dependent on the CPU. Your 2600k is really beastly as allows you to push Skyrim to the max even if there isnt a great graphics card in the system. BF3 on the other hand needs both CPU and GPU a lot, but leans more heavily on the GPU. Also the game was designed to require more than 1GB of vram to run ultra as stated by the developers. It can be run on less memory as people have shown, but the combination of minimum required vram and midrange GPU may work, it may not.
    All 3 of those companies still make those products if I am not mistaken. And the MB + CPU are only a few months old at most.

8. Blackice
    Veteran

Baker
    TBH, I'd be surprised if it didn't in conjunction with using SSD.

Here's a vid of a GTX 560 TI, non-overclocked unless it just wasn't noted, with a slower rig doing as mentioned on ultra, while recording.

9. Alkihaul
    Veteran

I don't consider 1080p to be a 'ultra' setting to be honest.

10. EniGmA1987

The Battlefield 3 recommended system specs are the following:

PROCESSOR: QUAD-CORE CPU
    MEMORY: 4 GB
    HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
    GRAPHICS CARD: DIRECTX 11 COMPATIBLE WITH 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950)
    SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
    KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
    DVD ROM DRIVE

As per the developers, those recommended are for medium settings. That video is not actually running "ultra" settings as it specifically states 2x AA (non multi-sample) in the description and doesnt list AF at all. Ultra settings used to describe running a video game are as follows:

1920x1080 or higher, many state 2560x1600
    8x MSAA
    16x AF

To run those proper settings requires a minimum of 1.5GB of VRAM, 2GB+ if you run 2560x1600. You are able to run ultra texture presets and such but unless you run the full ultra config with all proper settings then it really isnt running the game on ultra graphics quality.

11. Blackice
    Veteran

Baker
    That would require more than one monitor, he was using a video recording program, and FXAA injector can handle most of that although I'm still not convinced it would need to. Anyone have a spare copy around? I'm just getting more curious.