Brian, Templar

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Brian, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Brian

Hey,

Before reading the application I've gotta let you know that I'm playing with a group of gaming friends, four people including myself, that I've been playing with for a few years across several different games. We all have our own strengths and weaknesses, but we're all experienced PvPers. Because we're so close, unfortunately we're a package deal--so it would be all of us or none of us. If this is an idea you might entertain, let me know and I'll make sure they all come here and create their own application threads so that you can judge each of us.

1. Age (18+ Requirement):
    Nineteen, turning Twenty on the 24th.

2. Name (Forum & IGN):
    Brian Payne, IGN for OB is Brianp, but I hope to get on as many servers as possible to claim simple ol' "Brian" if I'm quick enough.

3. Class:
    Templar.

4. Do you have vent and a mic?:
    Yes.

5. Previous gaming experience:
    Before MMOs I was a pretty dedicated RTS player, playing games like Battle for Middle Earth (1, 2, and exp), Warcraft 3, and Command and Conquer 3. Playing online RTS games provide something that single player games never can--the need to plan and carry out strategies, sometimes complicated ones, in order to defeat an opponent. Despite enormous advances in how computer controlled characters work, they still can't behave like a human to a believable extent. I met the group of friends I talked about playing BFME back in November 2004.

After RTS we moved to Guild Wars, and we still maintain that Guild Wars was the most PvP friendly game we'd ever played. Still, after playing from the release of Factions through the release of Eye of the North, things got a bit old. I moved on to WoW with one of said friends, and we played that for about two years--from October 2007 to Summer 2009. We were on the same server but different guilds.

I was a member of Order of the Raven, which at the time was the top rated guild on our server--Aggramar. I also had moderate success in PvP, but it never really got me interested. For me WoW turned out to be a glorified time-sucker. Thank goodness for Aion.

6. Why did you chose XoO / Why do you think you'll be a good fit:?
    In all honesty I don't know enough about the guild politics to know how XoO stands versus other upcoming Aion Elyos guilds. However, the fact that you're established in other games is reassuring, and the fact that you describe yourself as "a PvP focused guild" is a major breath of fresh air.

7. What will you contribute to the guild / How will you improve our guild and be a valued member?
    Without tooting my own horn too much, I'm very confident of my ability to adapt to different situations in PvP and PvE, or PvPvE as the case will be in Aion. I'm also a team player--one of the most alluring things about MMO as a genre is how, at the bottom line, a guild's ability to work as a team is what will set it apart from the competition.

8. Do you have a referral?:
    Nadda.

9. A little bit about yourself:
    Brian Payne. 19 years old. I live in Northwest BC, Canada. I'm taking an array of science courses before entering the Nursing program in Victoria. I currently work at the local pool as a Lifeguard/Instructor, and as a switchboard operator at the hospital. I like rainbows, but dislike weather over 15 degrees celsius.

10. Activity Level? (hrs/week):
    I can safely say I'll be on at 2.5 hours most nights, so about 18hrs/week. Depending on scheduled events and how much notice I'm given for these events I'll be able to pull much longer nights if necessary--but sometimes because of work or other RL thingies I might have to have some shorter nights.

Thanks. :)

2. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

We require 25+ hrs a week on average. If you can meet these requirements you may re-apply. Best of luck to you.

DENIED

3. Brian

I thought that would come, after reading other denied threads. I'm not comfortable giving you a commitment of X amount of hours when I don't know when the scheduled events are. I'll probably be on 30 hours a week, but that includes late nights and early mornings--which don't really benefit the guild as a whole.

Thanks anyways, though. :)