League of Legends Bodido's Application

Discussion in 'Accepted and on Probation' started by Bodido, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Bodido

Planetside 2 Application
    How old are you?
    Do you have Teamspeak 3 and a microphone?
    Yes
    Do you understand that Teamspeak usage is required at ALL times?
    Yes
    In-Game Name?
    Bodido
    Why did you choose XoO?
    A couple reasons.

First... Reputation and standing in the gaming community is important to me. I've never seen any XoO guys representing themselves poorly or showing jerk like behavior in game, ever. Whenever I see XoO being mentioned by allies or foes, it is always something respectful. This is not terribly common in the gaming world so this tells me that you guys have earned that respect.

Second... I want to contribute to something productive. I've been partially hesitant to join an outfit because so many outfits just throw big numbers of bodies at an objective to be effective. Though that works to an extent, due to the nature of the game design. It's just wasteful of the individual talents involved. I think it's too easy to be a body in a big zerg, and I believe XoO can offer more than that. I think I have way more to offer than that to XoO.

Third... I want to be a better player. I know from my other hobbies and profession that if you want to improve, you have to be around people with a higher skill level. I get the impression that the skill level is high here.

Forth... I want to use teamwork. I've been the lone wolf too long. I am missing out on a big part of this game and it's time for that to end. I've tried joining public squads, but it's rare that it's anything more than a couple of waypoints and poorly placed spawn beacons leading to the crown.
    Localization:
    North America
    Activity level?
    20+
    What are your normal play times? (be general ex 6pm -10pm)
    Monday to Thursday 1:30-5:00am EST

Fri-Sun All kinds of times really
    What is your favorite class to play?
    Engineer with LA being close second.
    What is your favorite vehicle to use?
    Lightning
    You’re standing at a Sunderer, an enemy tank approaches over the nearest hiiltop. What do you do?
    Protect the sundy. The circumstances would determine whether I man a sundy turret, get ready to repair, or go after the tank. Do I have friendlies nearby? Is it 2/2 or 1/2? Outfit tag (likely more behind)? Does he see me/us. I try to weigh it all quick and make the smart move.

Generally I'm gonna want to take the tank out with an AV turret or maybe even the "2 pies with a spicy meatball delivery." < personal fave :)
    If I'm LA, I may deliver some c4.

But I do always put the Sundy first. It's the most important resource in the game.
    You’re standing at a Sunderer, an enemy air-unit approaches in the distance. What do you do?
    If it is clear he is aware of our sundy then he's gotta come down. Either I'm manning a gun on sundy, or going burster max. Possibly get ready to repair the sundy if it looks like others have the AA duty covered.

If it isn't clear if we've been spotted, be ready, don't fire, no need to draw unnecessary attention.

Mainly... protect sundy
    In your opinion, which vehicle is most important to the game?
    Sunderer
    In your opinion, which class is most important to the game?
    In my lone wolf experience, an engineer with an AV turret and some mines is a serious threat to every unit in the game. It's the Swiss army knife class.

With that said, the most powerful squad will be running the right balance of classes for the circumstances. So no one class is most important in my opinion.

One of the reasons I want to join your outfit is to play more classes where they would be of more use.
    Which of these traits most accuratly reflects your approach to gaming.
    • Competitive
    • Casual
    What type of Outfit are you looking for?
    • Hardcore
    • Competitive
    • Structured
    Do you have a referral?
    No
    How did you hear about XoO?
    In game, forumside, planetside universe...

2. Regis
    Veteran

The next step in the application process will be for you to get onto our Teamspeak server and then hop into game with us. Once you're in-game We'll get you an Outfit invite and set you to recruit status. After a few play sessions we'll complete the interview process and you'll become a full member.

I've PM'd you the information for our Teamspeak server, log in and look for one of our Planetside 2 Command Team, any of whom should be able to help you further.
    Command Team: Daibar, imb0r3d, Paramecium, Scarr, Eska, Prime, LordRegis, SpartanZero (WeaponZero), Kyoji, 660/12, Q, UmbraUrsa, Flack

3. imb0r3d
    Veteran

Insurance
    I'm looking forward to having you in the platoon - your app was a nice read.

4. Daibar
    Veteran

force health protection - Danish army
    given redcom
    invited outfit
    given the once over on the rules

5. Regis
    Veteran

Given interview and everything else

6. Samjizz
    Staff Member Admin

Application Accepted