Batman: Arkham Origins resolution problem

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by GoldSlayer1, Nov 30, 2014.

1. GoldSlayer1
    Veteran

I've been having a problem with playing BAO because of a resolution issue. (It has more to do with my monitor, but I cant replace it ATM)

When I start the game, it starts with a default resolution of 1600x1200. That resolution isn't supported by my monitor so when I start the game, my monitor goes blank.

I have tried googling answers several time but all that comes up are people looking to increase their resolution, not lower it, and the answers haven't really helped me.

I've tried looking for the game files to see if there's a way to lower the resolution without having to launch the game and have had no luck.

does anyone know a way to change the resolution without having to launch the game? (Step by step please)

2. GoldSlayer1
    Veteran

Nevermind, was able to use a TV/monitor that supported the default resolution so i was able to change it ingame.

3. s o k a r
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

The Batman games while very fun are always annoyingly buggy. The first batman game burned up my video card because of the memory leak. Of course I did leave the game running for about 6 hours in the menu but hey! it happens and it was a good excuse to get a new card.

4. GoldSlayer1
    Veteran

This is my first Batman Arkham game on PC, I played Asylum and City on an Xbox 360.

The only reason i got this game was cause it was so cheap on steam for $5.
    I had read reviews on it and heard the many issues it had and how its a step back compared to the previous games, but for that price it was tempting, so i decided to try it out.

Hopefully it doesn't cause more trouble than the game is worth.

5. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

Many games stores preferences and configs in the My Documents area of your computer. If you need to find the files in the future that would be a good place to start looking.