Balmafula, Warlock

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Balmafula, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Balmafula

1. Character Name, Class, and Main Spec:
    Balmafula, Warlock, currently Affliction but I can go anything.

2. Armory Link: (explain talent choices here in needed):
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...as&n=Balmafula

3. List raid helpful professions:
    Enchanting (460), Inscription (450)

4. Time playing WoW and PvE progression:
    Much more than I'd like to say :p

5. PvP influences and impact on raiding:
    I go Affliction for PvP, but I don't think it helps me to raid better at all

6. Age (18 is required with limited exceptions):
    26, I lied my age when I signed on the forums

7. Occupation and living arrangements that impact raiding(family, classes, dorm, night shifts etc):
    I'm a boring male adult, currently working as a System Analyst.

8. Guild you are leaving and why: (If you join another guild without following up here, application will be closed):
    I'm guildless as of now, My past guild failed, unfortunately.

9. How did you hear about us? List any friends/references within the guild:
    Some guy was spamming trade chat looking for members.

10. List consumables you bring to raid:
    Flasks, Potions, and food just in case no one has a fish feast to spare. I occasionally have some fish feasts.

11. Additional Scheduling conflicts (consider possible weekend groups for 10mans):
    I never ever raid on Saturdays. I prefer not to raid on Fridays either.

12. Provide measure of your damage/healing such as Recount (Screenshot to include player breakdown of attack %'s), WoW Web Stats (WWS), or World of Logs listing:
    Last time I did Saurfang on 10M I pulled almost 8k DPS. Screenshot below.
    [​IMG]

13. Provide a UI screenshot from raid combat:
    Don't have one right now, but it's basically the above one without recount window and with omen on the right side.

14. Final comments you feel could help your application:
    "When a woman marries again, it is because she detested her first husband. When a man marries again, it is because he adored his first wife. Women try their luck; men risk theirs.". I don't think that it helps, but it's a damn nice quote.

2. Lime
    Veteran

Network Engineering
    Original app was denied for no follow up and joining another guild.

3. Balmafula

Yes, I applied again following instructions from whoever was spamming trade chat.

I mentioned that I had an old application that was abandoned because it was taking too long and I got invited to another guild. I decided to apply again after other guild didn't work out.

4. Norefund

I see you are a friend of the great Destromos!

5. Balmafula

haha Destro is a nice dude, I got to meet to him after joining conquest for a while.

6. r3d3
    Veteran

Please fill out a new application instead of copy/pasting the old one.

7. Balmafula

I wonder how well this will go since the new application has just 1 more question in comparison to the old one. But I'll play along.

1. Character Name, Class, and Main Spec:
    Balmafula, Warlock, currently Affliction but I can go anything.

2. Armory Link (and talent choices explained):
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&n=Balmafula

3. Age (18 is required with limited exceptions):
    26, I lied my age when I signed on the forums

4. List your current professions and describe how they help when raiding:
    Enchanting (460), Inscription (450).
    Enchanting gives me SP to rings, Incription gives me the best possible enchants to Shoulder pieces. Other than being a cheap and easy way of getting any enchant/glyphs I might need.

5. Time playing WoW and PvE progression:
    Much more than I'd like to say :p

6. Describe your method for theorycrafting your class:
    I just read what they say on Elitist Jerks, they have very detailed information for every Warlock specs.

7. Occupation and living arrangements that impact raiding (family, classes, dorm, night shifts etc):
    I'm a boring male adult, currently working as a System Analyst. After May I'll have classes at night, but I should be home before 8pm server time.

8. Guild you are leaving and why (If you join another guild without following up here, application will be closed):
    I'm guildless as of now, My past guild failed, unfortunately.

9. How did you hear about us? List any friends/references within the guild:
    Some guy was spamming trade chat looking for members.

10. List consumables you bring to raid:
    Flasks, Potions, and food just in case no one has a fish feast to spare. I occasionally have some fish feasts.

11. Any Scheduling conflicts (consider possible weekend groups for 10mans):
    I never ever raid on Saturdays. I prefer not to raid on Fridays either.

12. Provide measure of your damage/healing such as Recount (Screenshot to include player breakdown of attack %'s), WoW Web Stats (WWS), or World of Logs listing:
    [​IMG]

13. Provide a UI screenshot:
    Don't have one right now, but it's basically the above one without recount window.

14. Final comments you feel could help your application:
    "The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't". I don't think that it helps, but it's a damn nice quote.

8. Neptuno
    Banned

Watching over 150 nukes sitting in the ground
    well, for starters, it doesn't truncate your armory link into not being a real url...

so, whats new since you applied last time you applied?

what are the 3 most important next upgrades for you and why?

9. Balmafula

My armory link is a real url. I just found it out by clicking on it, and I suggest you do the same. (EDIT: If you mouse over the "truncated" url it shows the real URL in the status bar).

Not much is new ever since I last applied. I switched specs from Destro to Affliction, basically because I have more fun playing as Affliction. People seemed to like my application last time, it was denied because I didn't follow up after I grew tired of the long evaluation process and got invited to another guild.

About my next upgrades...
    1 - A trinket to replace Reign Of The Dead - it was awesome for Destro, and I might even keep it, just in case I switch to a different Spec. But the proc is not that good now considering that most of my damage comes from periodic effects.

2 - A new wand. One that doesn't have hit. I have way too much hit from my gear, and my lvl 245 wand is next in line to become an abyss crystal. I'm even considering to buy the BOE one if I see it selling on AH for less than 8k.

3 - Any same level gear that could replace hit for haste or at least crit.

10. Lime
    Veteran

Network Engineering
    He was talking about the URL in the OP. Please remember your app and your comments are a reflection of your commitment, skill and attitude.

11. Balmafula

...And I was referring to the second application, the new one I was asked to fill out. You have my apologies for any kind of misunderstanding caused by the duplicated application, but I wasn't by all means rude.

And I agree on my application being a evaluation of my attitude, and possibly of my commitment. But I'll respectfully disagree about the "skill" part. The only skills reflected on my application so far are my writing skills.

12. Norefund

Is there any particular trinket that you have in mind that you would replace RotD with? What made you choose 63 sp enchant over black magic for your weapon? As far as these questions go, your knowledge reflects upon you skill until proved in-game.

13. Balmafula

To replace Reign of the Dead... Either Phylactery of the Nameless Lich or Dislodged Foreign Object. In a perfect world I'd get both, and I'd run some tests to find out which combination of those two and Muradin's Spyglass works better.

Also, according to Elitist Jerks: "It is rather unclear whether Black Magic is better than Mighty Spellpower. According to some tests, the uptime of the buff is in the 25% range, giving an average 62.5 haste rating."

I am aware that haste might be better than SP for affliction locks, however I'm still giving it some thought (you might have noticed on my gems that I still favor SP over haste). I'm not entirely sure how it scales when haste hits a soft cap, and how it affects corruption since I use Glyph of Quick Decay. Foolish as it may be, I still favor SP over haste until I find more detailed information on my research. However haste definitely became my second most important stat. (Currently 717 when I'm using my spellstone).

14. Norefund

As affliction, why do you not consider NMiC as one of your two trinkets?

15. Balmafula

LOL, I just learned about that exploit tonight tbh. Another lock was talking to me about it during vault.

However, it's only good for a handful of single-target boss fights. On fights where my corruption expires - such as Saurfang for example - this trinket is not really all that good, and I would benefit more from the SP provided by RotD. I'm considering to get it for the few fights where I can keep my corruption up during the whole fight though.

16. Neptuno
    Banned

Watching over 150 nukes sitting in the ground
    my impression is you feel inconvenienced by having to fill out an application and when i reply to your comment of why does it matter when the app's about the same, you try "teach" me how to use a url.

my bad for not quoting the portion i was addressing, but when you put in comments like that into your recycled application and you have to be questioned about why you aren't farming toward 5 man trinkets, the attitude question arises. yes, we have open recruitment atm, but no we're not a icc25 man pug asking for "gs and first wing achievement"

so, how long have you been guildless? i apologize for my original questions no longer expressing interest in at least a limited guild history, but the current guild status wasn't exactly the full intended request on that question. (and of course the copy-paste answer from your previous application before you joined exile doesn't mention that at all)

17. Balmafula

Not exactly inconvenienced for filling out yet another application, but I do question if this is indeed the guild for me when people seem to get very offended by a maybe sarcastic - but by no means rude - comment about about filling the application again.

Yes, commitment, skill and attitude are a must on a serious endgame guild, and I wouldn't even have applied if I didn't think to have what it takes. However this is still a game, and if people are not having fun it kinda defeats the purpose imo. I left guilds before for this same reason.

Bottom line, you do have my sincere apologies if my comment about the url insulted you. I thought you were referring to the second one, the one I was requested to fill out.

Also, my last reply addressed the 5-man trinket. I do think its use is limited outside single-target boss fights, and while I might farm one, I'd still use it exclusively on such fights. It's not really an improvement for my RotD.

And to answer your last question, I've been guildless for exactly 3 days as of now. I belonged to a handful of guilds in the past. I'd mention Atonement and exile, and to my knowledge I was considered an at least decent raider on both. My last guild was conquest, and I although I really liked to raid with them, they are not really doing much raids atm, reason why I left them.

18. Lime
    Veteran

Network Engineering
    1. It is a 5 man trinket. If it will help against one or two bosses and it is one of the easier trinkets to get, I see no reason not to have it.

2. XoO is all well and good with the sarcastic, trollish, dumbassery, etc. but remember this is an APPLICATION. You don't go into a job interview and cope an attitude, jokingly or otherwise, with your interviewer. This application is about showing us the best of what you are. If/when you get into XoO, then you can losing your belt buckle and let the bullshit spill forth, but until then, be mindful of the purpose of the application process. Anyway, it is done and any further comments about it will be deleted.

Please comment on number 1.

19. Balmafula

1 - This is what I said on the comment about the 5-man trinket.

I'm not ashamed for not knowing of this exploit earlier. I'm not the one best lock out there, and I take valuable lessons by questioning other people's choice for talents and gear during the pugs I join. There's always room for improvement.

2 - Just to comment out on it, I did have a jokingly (but not sarcastic) attitude on the job interview for my past two jobs. It actually helped me to get both jobs, as the interviewers recognized this as the attitude of a team player, someone who goes along well with others (as they both told me so). Also, when do we get paid? :D

20. Lime
    Veteran

Network Engineering
    Let me rephrase:

Will you get the trinket and will you use it.