Balaor's Application

Discussion in 'Accepted and on Probation' started by Balaor, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Balaor

TERA (EU) Application
    How old are you?
    21, and counting
    In-Game Name?
    Balaor
    Do you have Teamspeak 3 and a mic?
    Yes
    What is your primary class?
    Warrior
    What are you looking for in a community/guild and how do you feel XoO will forfill your needs
    In a community/guild I look for players who strive to overcome whatever challenge the game provides, and have some fun while at it.Having active guildmates one can group with at almost any time helps everyone tremendously and there's a whole new level to an mmorpg when you're part of team of players you've known for a while.

Last, but not least, a mature community where discussions and criticism about game related matters can take place without going out of hand.
    why do you think you will fit in on your previous awnser
    I think I'll fit in the guild because I'm a PvP oriented player and would always partake in any PvP activity.

Tera PvE has managed to spike my interest somewhat, which was unexpected, so a dungeon every now and then wouldn't be bad.

Despite focusing on PvP, I've a friendly attitude to fellow players on all sides of the conflict.
    What is your focus on in the game
    My main focus is, without any doubt, PvP, be it the upcoming battlegrounds or GvG battles, I just enjoy the thrill of battling living, thinking players.

As I mentioned above, Tera PvE has me somewhat interested, which is rare as I usually detest endgame PvE, so I'd partake in that at times if given the opportunity.

The politics system, while an interesting concept that will definitely add to the game as a whole, is not something I want to have an active hand in.I'll be glad to fight in GvG battles and honour agreements with other guilds, but diplomacy is really not my forte.
    Are we the first guild you join in this game
    The first guild I joined was Nightfall because friends of mine (Icelyn and Zyon, who are both currently members of XoO) were in it and recommended it to me.They had some decent players and I enjoyed my time there.To the best of my knowledge, they decided to merge with you a while ago, but I was somewhat inactive at the time and decided not to apply for XoO for the time beeing.
    Link us your Glyph build using the glyph builder and explain wy you picked those glyphs
    http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder#w...000000000000010000000101001000110001000000000

My character is not lvl 60 yet, so I can't go for a fully optimized build yet.That said, I spend a lot of my time 2 manning dungeons with my friend and partner, Icelyn, who plays a mystic, and my build is designed to make that possible.Bosses have passive health regeneration, so defensive stance is not really an option.

Even so,a more single minded offensive build is definitely possible through the attack speed glyphs (I'm using 1 right now,but I dislike it and will probably replace it when I hit lvl 60) which are great at time, but I find them unreliable and with the attention of a boss on me at all times, it's rarely possible to get any decent benefit from them.

A lot of mobility and control are needed for 2 manning a dungeon, and my current build aims to provide that.
    Previous Gaming Experience:
    I played World of Warcraft as a PvP focused player for almost 5 years and it worked well for me.My main and only class was a rogue.I've never had any alts but I took the time to learn my class well.

I got up to gladiator standing in 2 consecutive seasons with my team, of which Icelyn was also a member, before getting bored and quitting the game.

I played Ago of Conan for about 5 months after release, but at the time, it was a mess.I barely got to the endgame and did very little PvP before losing my interest completely - the game just wasn't ready at the time.

I played Aion for a little bit, but the grindfest and class design didn't sit well with me, so I didn't last more than 2 weeks.

I played Vindictus a lot, which is more similar to Tera than the rest of games I mentioned.I enjoyed the skill based gameplay and challenging fights a lot, but the game is rather repetitive and that got me to leave it alone after several months.
    What is your activity level?
    When will your activity level be the highest
    Evenings mostly, all times usually possible during weekends.However, that is currently not the case, more on that below.
    Do you have a referral?
    Icelyn, Zyon, Kai (ex gm of Nightfall)
    A little bit about yourself?
    I'm from Bulgaria, I'm currently studying computer science in New Bulgarian University and working as a junior software developer.

I enjoy metal music, parties, beer (no, not while playing :p) and most genres of computer games.

Something about elves and their look alikes (Elins!) aggravates me and I will very much enjoy PvP against them in Tera :p

I do, however, have a lot of exams coming up soon, which will inevitably lower my activity in the coming month a lot, but hey, that's life for you :/

Feel free to ask me anything else that might interest you and happy hunting!
    Do you have a high speed internet connection and a good computer?
    Yes
    Have you applied to the TERA usergroup?
    Yes

2. Keller
    Banned

Thank you for your application. I've sent you our teamspeak details in a private message.

3. Thaisha
    Veteran

Account mannager sales company