Discussion in 'Creative Writing, Graphics, Movies, etc.' started by Ironjaw, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
  2. Rune
    Veteran

AMS Lead
    If someone doesn't get to this before I get home I'll take a look Ironjaw. Just an FYI, once I start collecting some art and SS for this game I plan to start up doing custom Sigs / Avatars for people again. So if you need anything else after this, feel free to ask.

3. Ironjaw
    Veteran Staff Member CO

Printer
    Yeah defintely will just thought it would be amusing for now, I didnt see any good sig generators (or the ones i saw were in other languages) so will probably be looking for something for AA

my old sig got broken somewhere along the way

4. haibane
    Veteran Crowfall Member

My avatar went into oblivion somehow, must be Sam's fault again.

5. Samjizz
    Staff Member Admin

I know this is old but I just saw it today and figured others would have the same question so I figured I should address it.
    Currently the filesize allowed for members to upload avatars is 124kb (i think)
    The image you wanted as your avatar is 991kb

The reason the cap is as low as it is is due to the fact that there are 20 posts per page inside a thread.
    If all 20 people have avatars of 991kb the page becomes close to 2mb from avatars alone

If the avatars alone become 2mb people who are on internet with limited bandwith would not be able to visit the website as much as they would like.
    Not to mention people on mobile devices may have long load times.

We also have mass PMs that go out that can have anywhere from 30- ~3500 people in them, which could make that page die from taking too long to load

However, as time goes on, faster internet services become available, more mobile data becomes cheaper, etc.
    So this number (124kb) may change in the future

P.S. (it would also make the website backups come quite large (~3.4gb from avatars alone)