Arma 3: Breaking point

Discussion in 'FPS Public Chat' started by LordSitric, Dec 1, 2014.

1. LordSitric
    Veteran FPS Member

So I started playing this about a week ago and have found it fun so far. Its all the fun (and walking) of DayZ but with the extra polish of Arma 3 that DayZ is still working on, with the addition of a class system that works much better then the hero bandit system of dayz. There are 5 classes, 3 being moral classes, and 2 being immoral classes. The 2 of the moral classes level up from helping each other and by killing immoral classes, The higher your level they more bonuses they get. However if they kill someone that is not a immoral class they take a huge hit on their level and can even lose all bonuses of their class by going into the negatives. The 3rd moral class levels up by helping other and not killing anyone. The two Immoral classes level up by killing other players.

The 5 classes are, Ranger, Nomad and Survivalist being the Moral classes, the Immoral classes are the hunter and outlaw.

As the Ranger levels up he gains body armor and a med pack on spawn.

Nomad spawns with a hatchet and can heal faster then the other classes, I believe they also spawn with a .22 rifle at level 3.

Survivalist spawns with a tranquilizer and gains a gille suit as he levels up.

Hunter runs faster then other classes and gains more space on their person as they level up

Outlaw gains a custom backpack on spawn and at level 3 can create IED bombs they can place for ambushes.

Most people in game currently play as hunters/Outlaws with some few playing as the other classes according to the stats from the mod forums.

I was just wondering if anyone else felt like playing this mod with me so that we could play some of the more interesting classes as a group such as the ranger/nomad/survivalist.

2. s o k a r
    Veteran Star Citizen Officer

Miir, Dullard, and Friendlyfire all have this. They have been trying to get me to buy the game for this but I don't feel like spending that kind of money. Come find us in the SC channels. We are on nightly.

3. LordSitric
    Veteran FPS Member

I think I was talking to Dullard on Sunday in the FPS channel and he started to update it, so hopefully we will have some people to play it but am hoping to get some more people playing to really have some fun.

4. s o k a r

I picked it up last night so there's another. Bishop plays too. It'll be a nice sized group.

5. Dullard
    Veteran FPS Member

I'm in!

6. EniGmA1987
    Veteran Staff Member Xenforcer

I should have picked this up on a sale. Ill see if I can scrape together $60 for it to play with the group as well.

7. Dullard
    Veteran FPS Member

It's pretty good, but I don't know if it's 60 bucks good. I can't seem to pay full price for games anymore.

8. s o k a r

Dullard convinced me at the lAst minute.

9. Dullard
    Veteran FPS Member

Maybe I did, but I failed to get you to buy SPINTIRES!

10. s o k a r

I have it. I just play it in offline mode so you will NEVER KNOW!

11. LordSitric
    Veteran FPS Member

The great thing about the arma series is all the mods for it, The game has so much utility regardless how much you buy it for. you can play Breaking point, City life, Epoch, and many more different mods that are all different and are all fun.

Currently trying to decide if I want to play as a survivalist or as a ranger.

12. s o k a r

You can get it for 37 on G2a.com right now.

https://www.g2a.com/arma-iii-steam-cd-key-global.html

The site sounds sketchy but I've bought about 7 games from them and never had a problem.

13. EniGmA1987

My Firewall brings up a malware alert when I try to go to the site and blocks it...

14. s o k a r

lol. What malware do you have?

15. EniGmA1987

My Browser brought up a warning first, from Bluhell Firewall. I ignored it and Kaspersky gave a warning.

16. s o k a r

Mozilla Noscript. Game on.

17. LordSitric
    Veteran FPS Member

So last night I finally got my outlaw out of the negatives and finally got him back to being an outlaw. The way I did it was so epic. I spotted two rangers standing in the road both look like they have rifles, I only had a shotgun. I ran up to them and they scattered when they finally noticed me and hid on two sides of me. I yelled out and started to talk to me, they were curious because I didn't have any of the trappings of any of the classes because I was a traitor so I didn't have the distinctive head gear that tells everyone what class you are. So I also began engaging in conversation with them. At that point one of them wandered out from his hiding place and close enough for my shotgun to be effective, as he was getting closer I put two rounds of buckshot into his face, at this point I began taking fire from the second ranger, I turned to face the sound of the gunfire found the second ranger, pulled the trigger on the shotgun.............. and fell over dead, LOL but at least I am not a traitor anymore and start out with my starting gear again.

18. LordSitric
    Veteran FPS Member

Have you guys gotten together and played this yet? Unfortunately I am working nights this month so I will miss you guys most weeknights because I go to work as your getting off and get home around 2 am for most of you, but once the weekend hits, I look forward to playing with you all.

19. EniGmA1987

I got pulled to night shift for a few weeks too. Ill look into getting this game in the next day or so and maybe we can get together to play if no one else is on at our times.

20. Dullard
    Veteran FPS Member

ARMA III is going through a fair amount of updating right now and it's playing havoc with being able to easily play the mods and the core game at the same time, hopefully they all get on the same versions soon. I'm looking into some of the other mods like Wasteland and Epoch at the moment. I'm up for Breaking Point when we can get a TS group going though.