All Points Bulletin (APB)

Discussion in 'Upcoming Game Chatter' started by No_Smoking, Jun 16, 2009.

1. No_Smoking
    Veteran

BETA SIGNUPS! Read below!
    [​IMG]
    http://www.apb.com/

I'm wondering how these 100 player districts will work. What if we have 150 members.. are those 50 going to get left out?

Here are some snippets from a review:
    Full Story @mmorpg.com

After reading that.. this game looks pretty awesome. In spite of the 100 person thing.. I just hope its not an outrageous sub fee.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  2. ({x}) Spectre

Are we getting alpha or beta keys?Namdrin was talking about it a few months ago.looks good.monthly fees suck..:) but if its that good I'm in.

3. No_Smoking
    Veteran

This video made me say wow =P

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  4. t0aster

Kinda hope this game is somewhat good been following it some what for the past few years.

5. Nishua
    Veteran

Student for life.
    It's a great idea. The game looks great too.

It will be interesting to see how they play out the whole cops vs robbers aspect of the game. Since this is an MMO I expect a ton of depth and not the repetition when it comes to missions.

XoO should definitely roll as the pigs do you know how many people are going to buy this game and roll gangsta. EVERYONE.

6. LexStriker

Computers and Technical Writing.
    I would be interested in the APB Beta if there are any Beta Keys given to XoO. I have experience in FPS/TPS'ers, Driving Sims, and MMOG's.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  7. Nishua
    Veteran

Student for life.
    It looks like they are on the right track. Visually the game looks crisp. I'm not a graphics whore but it helps bring in sales and gives people the impression that the game will be great. Time will tell if the mechanics are fully fleshed out and that game delivers in making each mission feel unique.

8. The Communist
    Veteran

Student
    I would need to try a demo or beta to get into this game...

9. Eskara
    Veteran FPS Officer

Reservoir Dam Inspector
    Several people in Xoo are friends with or know the community manager for APB ^_^ so we may have a good chance of getting the guild into alpha/beta :)

Fingers crossed anyway =p

10. ({x}) Spectre

Nice I'm there.I'm all about the eye candy,never run low settings,ever! 1920x1200 maxed and overclocked :D
    just give me the "WORD" .

11. LexStriker

I have heard that APB was going to be hardware heavy. That said, I am running a GeForce GTS 250 w/1G Video Memory. I would think that with Intell 6600 dual CPU's and 3.3G memory, I could handle it... I hope. I usually run all my games at 1680 x 1050 without any problems.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  12. ({x}) Spectre

GTA IV was the same,ran it at 1920x1200 no problems,after I overclocked it some more,I had to upgrade everything to play,nvidia 750a mobo,4gig nvidia ram,nvidia 260 gtx oc ,and9500 phenom .I'm ready..for APB.

13. Xamiazi
    Veteran

Paramedic/Navy SEAL
    we should role the cops, haha cuz everyone is gonna be a gangsta, which is kinda sad..

14. No_Smoking
    Veteran

Yeah I think we should be cops too. as long as we get to put some lights and sirens on our cars XD

We would need someone to design our police tat though.. I used to be alright at designs but I'm sure we have much better artists in the guild that would do a better job at it =P

15. Valindria
    Veteran

Software Engineer
    That looks pretty sweet. I would totally be interested in a beta chance to play it.

Please keep updating with information on this. It looks pretty fun.

16. ({x}) Spectre

Customized cars and players in APB.
    Cops n robbers mode in GTA IV was fun,turf wars was fun too,mafia work..there was 12 modes. in gta iv

17. Nishua
    Veteran

Student for life.
    The customization are crazy. We definitely need to Kyojii to play this and make us some bad ass designs. We are rolling cops for sure, when the gangtas see they will be turn to bitches.

18. LexStriker

I have to admit that having 100 Player Districts concerns me. With my luck, I will be 1 Cop against 99 Bad Guys. However, it will be interesting to see how they may balance gameplay with NPC's... thus making it a PvPvE. This seems to be a new way of MMOG design, as is seen in Aion. Rather than have 3 or more Player Factions and hoping all remains balanced, there is only 2 with an powerful NPC Faction fighting as well. This way, if one Player Faction becomes too powerful, the NPC Faction will keep things balanced. Will be interesting to see if the APB Designers will use this concept in APB and how it will turn out.

19. Endless
    Veteran

I've had my eye on APB for a while now, though i see it as more of a crackdown progression than an gta progression. The engine is virtually an upgraded crackdown engine by the looks of things, and i much prefer the faster pacing of crackdown to that of gta4.

I don't have any concerns about balance yet, it seems pretty futile to expect a fair fight anyway. if you commit a crime you better expect to be out numbered by the cops. Thats just the way it is, same as gta, same as crackdown etc.

Looks awesome, but i'll probably wait for the 360 version, much more fun to have a console optimised version, especially if your rig isn't funded by the mafia and you won't be able to run it maxed with no slow down :)

20. The Cox
    Veteran

I have been watching APB since it was announced around the same time as Huxley, like 3 years ago..

Just been lurking in the shadows on it...

However, isn't APB being put out by webzen.. the people doing SUN and Huxley? At least it was long ago.. not sure if it still is or not.